• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

is the original worth getting with an updated version on it's way out?
Yeah, of course depends on the price if you're interested in the DLC.
$20-$30 is a good price for it, since the DLC costs $20 (including all retros) and the Komplete Editon can cost anything between $40 to $60.

is the original worth getting with an updated version on it's way out?

I think it depends on whether or not the updated version has the DLC on disc or if its just vouchers plus whether its cheaper or not. That being said, I got the GoD version recently (even though I own the disc) because I can now easily pop in for a few games of MK super quickly before or after playing another game in a longer session. Before I had the GoD version I hadn't played since August.

4 dlc character was a huge shame, and the fact Freddy was one of them worse.

Fujin
kai
Shujinko
Bo Rai Cho
Motaro
Reiko
Shinnok
Onaga

For MK10, and if they must put in guest characters keep kratos for ps3 and give xbox someone at least, Dante from Dante's inferno for example not a xbox exclusive but still.

What kind of awful character wishlist for this game leaves out MK's greatest guest character, Ken Masters?

kobra.jpg

Not sure if this is well known information but I heard from a little bird that MK Vita is basically MK9 with a few "surprises" and should be out sometime in the Summer.

Not sure if this is well known information but I heard from a little bird that MK Vita is basically MK9 with a few "surprises" and should be out sometime in the Summer.

I hope the surprises are minor things.

I'd hate to see them pull a Capcom and hold back big content (replays, hitbox display) to incentivize people to get the handheld version, because they know we wouldn't otherwise.

Cole is on the PS3 version too.

MK Vita is news? I thought it was formally announced already.

NRS has acknowledged there is an MK game coming out for Vita but they haven't said anything more than that. Its not really announced if we don't have the title of the game or officially know whats in it.

kinda LTTP, but might as well ask this here:

I just played the demo and had some fun, is this game worth getting right now if i am ONLY going to be playing the single player? (campaign etc)

also: just noticed there will be a komplete edition available next week, that worth the higher price?

DasRaven

kinda LTTP, but might as well ask this here:

I just played the demo and had some fun, is this game worth getting right now if i am ONLY going to be playing the single player? (campaign etc)

also: just noticed there will be a komplete edition available next week, that worth the higher price?

Worth it? Yes, probably the best single-player experience in fighting games.
Komplete edition includes all the DLC characters and costumes, if you'd be buying them anyway, might as well.
If not, find it used and cheap and be happy. You could even forgo buying the online pass if you're not going to play online.

Worth it? Yes, probably the best single-player experience in fighting games.
Komplete edition includes all the DLC characters and costumes, if you'd be buying them anyway, might as well.
If not, find it used and cheap and be happy. You could even forgo buying the online pass if you're not going to play online.

thanks so i take it the campaign really is fun then :) i'll get the komplete edition if the price is the same

fernoca

thanks so i take it the campaign really is fun then :) i'll get the komplete edition if the price is the same
Story Mode is qutie great..and longer than even many campaigns/story modes in other games. XD
Komplete Edition is going to cost $60 according to Gamestop at least (aside the DLC, it also includes a voucher to download the first movie and the 'Songs Inspired by the Warriors' soundtrack).

The regular game can be found for under $40 (or less, though price is still between $50 and $60), depending on the store. If you're planning on buying the DLC; then the Komplete Edition will be a better option.

Gamestop has the Kollectors Edition of the "vanilla edition" at $60 on Xbox 360. Don't know if the same applies to the PS3 version.

fernoca

i actually just found out the komplete edition is releasing Feb 17 in EU and the price is about 40 bucks so looks like i will get that one :)
Oh, if you're in EU go for it; is soon too. So, hope you enjoy the awesome story mode at least, and lots of patience with Shao Kahn in that mode...you'll see. :p

I never seen anyone play as Jade when I watched tourneys on streams or videos. I did main her, but I had problems with her against players online. I practice with her all the time in training mode, but I can't seem to beat my opponents with her. I love doing her combos and her moves. Some of her special attacks and moves have slow recovery, correct me if I'm wrong.

So why didn't anyone point out that there are 3 species of reptile that have green blood? Would have saved a lot of my bitching.

Also, Reptile doesn't have teeth in costume 2. It's noticeable during the win pose. Is this by design or is it a glitch? Looks like a granny Reptile.

I never seen anyone play as Jade when I watched tourneys on streams or videos. I did main her, but I had problems with her against players online. I practice with her all the time in training mode, but I can't seem to beat my opponents with her. I love doing her combos and her moves. Some of her special attacks and moves have slow recovery, correct me if I'm wrong.

Jade is usually considered to be the worst character in the game. Her design is kind of flawed in that she can get past zoning with glow but she's not very good when she does get in. She lacks a strong mixup or pressure game. EX glow is a ridiculous move though.

Jade is usually considered to be the worst character in the game. Her design is kind of flawed in that she can get past zoning with glow but she's not very good when she does get in. She lacks a strong mixup or pressure game. EX glow is a ridiculous move though.

I guess so, I hate saying that I want to change my main because I do want to main her. However, I lose with her online because she has no options. The only options she has is her glow or ex glow to dodge projectiles to get in. I sometimes play mk9 with my little brother, and I picked Mileena to try her out. If I go back playing mk9 competitively online since I can't go to tourneys, then I change my main to Mileena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom