• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter - The Time is Right

The Adder

Banned
They don't mesh well interms of gameplay, infact they're likely on opposite ends. It's like oil and water. Also even tho DS is pretty violent, it has a very cartoony style.

Gameplay-wise they don't mesh any worse than MK and SF though. And they certainly don't mesh as poorly as SF and Tekken.

And yeah, they are. But I'm pretty sure NRS wouldn't have a problem scaling back to MK3 levels of violence as opposed to MKX levels for a crossover game.

Hasney

No thanks.

I'd only like it if there were no fatalities and it olyed like Street Fighter V, which isn't going to make the other side happy.

I'm not sure the single player collecting genre and the fighting game genre would mix well.

Maybe MK x Dragon Age Inquisition would be a more natural fit?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Killer Instinct vs Mortal Kombat would fit better imo

B8pv9CY.gif

Just realized how much i need this.

KillLaCam

Banned
Injustice vs Street fighter would work much better. Injustice already is heavy on the projectiles and smaller combos with no block button. It'd be easier and make more sense to adapt that closer to the Street Fighter style. It'd probably be more fun

I'd like to keep my MK being MK with the long ass combos, teleports , 50/50s ,and block button.

Nope

Mk vs killer instinct would be more interesting. Now is the time.

This could work alot better because theyre both pretty combo heavy. The block button would have to be there just because of all of the teleports in MK

opricnik

Banned
It could work if It didnt have fatalieties but some kind of brutality ending which result fasty beat em up both no gore, some blood could work

After reading your proposal, I've changed my mind. Yes, but only if they do it exactly as you described. I'd love to play MK characters that feel good to control and follow a Street Fighter plot that's not embarrassing.

Killer Instinct vs Mortal Kombat would fit better imo

This is the one that has almost no chance of happening.

And it's the one that definitely fits better.

I'm just imagining Sonya Blade and Orchid having a staredown. Shang Tsung vs Kan-Ra. Gargos vs Shinnok. TJ Combo vs Kano. Jago vs Scorpion. Fulgore vs Sektor.

opricnik

Banned
This is the one that has almost no chance of happening.

And it's the one that definitely fits better.

I'm just imagining Sonya Blade and Orchid having a staredown. Shang Tsung vs Kan-Ra. Gargos vs Shinnok. TJ Combo vs Kano. Jago vs Scorpion. Fulgore vs Sektor.
Nobody likes clone fighter. People want MK vs SF because both side has interestig characters while KI is and always will be cheap Mortal Kombat clone

Nobody likes clone fighter. People want MK vs SF because both side has interestig characters while KI is and always will be cheap Mortal Kombat clone
If there's one thing that I've seen a lot of in NeoGAF, is that when someone knocks another fighting game series they generally haven't played it.

Killer Instinct feels NOTHING like Mortal Kombat to me. Not in gameplay, not in visual design, not in sound or anything.

JusDoIt

Street Fighter already tried to cross over with Mortal Kombat. It resulted in a game called Street Fighter: The Movie. Never again.

You think you want this, but you don't. It would make nobody happy.

What would be the point?

I don't think Capcom would let their characters be graphically dismembered. What else does the MK license bring to the table?

wildfire

Banned
The director of GGXrd literally said he wants to make a MK game.

After what Arcsys did with Persona it would be awesome if Netherrealm allowed them to make Mortal Kombat XI so they could focus on making a new game. I still want them to take some time to make either an action RPG or beat em up in the MK universe. They can trust Arcsys to make a really good MK game even though it would look and feel radically different from IX and X. That would free them up to try something different again.

Ganyc

Ryu and Sakura ripping through the MK cast? I DO like that.

But with MK gameplay? Oh gosh, i don't want that in 1000 years

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I feel Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct would work better artistically and thematically.

But Street Fighter vs Killer Instinct would work far better mechanically.

I feel Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct would work better artistically and thematically.

But Street Fighter vs Killer Instinct would work far better mechanically.
A KI vs SF would be amazing to see.

KI plays quite a lot like SF with the exception of the combo system and just generally more bullshit given to every character. Seeing the SF cast with their strengths increased to broken levels would be so much fun.

Nev

Banned
Salty Capcom fanboys were obviously going to say no, no matter what.

The rest of the world would welcome it because it doesn't need to be the most perfectly balanced fighter ever, just something for fun.

It'd be the only way SF could sell and have an actually good single player nowadays too, so those naysayer fanboys should be thankful that Netherrealm would even consider making it.

ffvorax

SF is not gory at all... I really don't feel it would be nice to see a crossover of this kind.

About Capcom games I would see more fitting the Darkstalker series... still I don't think I would like it, at least in 3D.

There is no incentive for Capcom to subject their SF characters to the OTT gore of a MK game, and there's no incentive for MK developers to make another fighting game that waters down their trademark aesthetic.

The IPs aren't compatible.

(And neither are DarkStalkers and MK. DS's gore is very stylized and not particularly grotesque.)

Top Bottom