• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 trailer

The DLC pricing model is fucking dumb for this game. I picked up the game on sale last week. Not a chance I'm paying out the ass for 8 characters

And 5 dollars for Goro? Why wasnt he in the game? Or in the Kombat Pack?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Not at all what I'd expect, but props for that! I like how they're not just updates of the characters teased in story. They went a bit more ridiculous with all of them.

I'd have loved to see Rain for his water effects. But other than that...

A Cyborg that brings all the styles of the clones into 1 character select spot? Great idea. I'd like it if he's just a bit more unique than the other varieties (perhaps sharing no moves what so ever), but no matter how they figure it, Yay for Cyrax and Smoke returning in some form. It'd be nice if they gave it a bonus costume set that let him appear as their human / classic forms, all as a bundle.

XenoRakka is a great way to make something more fresh than JUST Baraka. I used to love him in MK2, but he's not really anything that stand out too much now. Giving his moves to a character that has so much more to work with is a solid idea.

Leatherface... yeah, whatever. With the Xeno covering the movie spot, I don't really know why he's here. But I'm not a huge horror movie fan, so maybe this is much cooler for people who are. For me, does nothing, but that's ok.

Bo Rai Cho?! He was just kinda disgusting and Juvenile before. A more developed, somewhat more serious version might actually be kinda great. Yay for anyone in an MK series game with a different body type.

It kinda sucks that there isn't a single female character amongst these characters. I dunno who they would have picked, but it'd have been nice for visual variety.

The trailer was great and full of Trolling, however. Kudos to them on that. Don't think it's too bad this popped up before the awards tonight, it'll still have an impact, and it's only a matter of like... 2 hours difference or so.

And they should probably have a classic skin for the Xeno. Not really concerned it looks different for now, a change is an easy thing to do, comparatively.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hope this doesn't set an eventual Komplete edition too far back. I am interested in picking up the game, but hell if I'm paying what they're currently asking for characters and skins.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Except for Gon in Tekken 3

And all the guest characters in SFxT

Well, they added all the guests in SFxT because they were afraid that the game would flop

Mainline SF and Tekken games never had guest characters, except from Gon in T3 that was like a super secret unlockable

Mortal Kombat is slowly going to become "Movie Villians Kombat!"
1385720_0.jpg

Reule

Best part of a Xenomorph in MKX? Apone, Hudson, and Ripley costumes for Jax, Johnny Cage, and Sonya Blade. Hopefully there is something for the Kombat Kidz.

Wishful thinking on my part, not saying those will be costumes.

Jaeger

Classic Alien body structure probably wouldn't work very well in their engine, or at the very least it wouldn't be very fun to play against or as.

Making it hatch from Baraka and use Tartakan as a base is a clever way to get around it.

Besides in the bladed arms, I don't see any drastic physical differences.

Scotia

Banned
Seeing a lot of hate towards NRS on MK forums for this. I don't blame them to be honest. You have dozens of popular characters that were DLC potential and you put in two more guests? MK's going to lose some fans over this.

Arttemis

I kinda hope there's another Kombat Pack with 4 or 6 old characters returning. I want Skarlet, Frost, Fujin, Rain, Baraka, Sindel, and I'm sure there's more I can't think of off the top of my head.

Jawmuncher

Seeing a lot of hate towards NRS on MK forums for this. I don't blame them to be honest. You have dozens of popular characters that were DLC potential and you put in two more guests? MK's going to lose some fans over this.

They have said before that the guests characters sell the most though out of all the DLC.

Scotia

Banned
I kinda hope there's another Kombat Pack with 4 or 6 old characters returning. I want Skarlet, Frost, Fujin, Rain, Baraka, Sindel, and I'm sure there's more I can't think of off the top of my head.

Nah, this'll be it. They'll probably move on to Injustice 2 full time after this pack comes out.

On one hand Cyber Smoke is one of the baddest mother fuckers in fighting games. On the other hand I don't care about shitty horror movie characters who haven't been relevant for 30 years taking spots and I'm not going to buy anything associated with playable Bo Rai Cho on principle.

Scotia

Banned
They have said before that the guests characters sell the most though out of all the DLC.

I know, but, for example, Fujin has been requested since MK9 and he's still not in the game. I don't know about you but it's not great to ignore your core fanbase to cater to the causals who have long since abandoned this game. I don't know, it just doesn't sit right with me.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You put in another movie character over Frost? Skarlet? Sareena? Sindel? Jade?! Are you fucking kidding me?

Dereck

I know, but, for example, Fujin has been requested since MK9 and he's still not in the game. I don't know about you but it's not great to ignore your core fanbase to cater to the causals who have long since abandoned this game. I don't know, it just doesn't sit right with me.
I'm with you on this one.

pizzacat

Banned
Ed Boon keeps shooting his feet but dem sales don't lie.

Think of it this way, there's a reason why the guest stars weren't all in just one pack, NRS wanted an equal chance of both "casuals" and "hardcore" paying for both packs.

I know 4 people who don't play fighting games, but bought this and the season pass to play as Jason.

And if they see the xenomorph they are for sure buying this

Just my experience

What the fuck

I can just imagine the Texas Chainsaw Massacre IP holders coming to Boon, begging to have him put in the game

To think they actually did it! I would have rather had Freddy again!

This is sort of why I believe this won't be the last kombat pack.

Scotia

Banned
I still find it odd how NRS gave brand-new designs to several NPCs in Story Mode with no apparent intention to make them playable later on down the line. Seems like a huge waste of time.

Jaeger

Bo Rai Cho! The most loved and requested character ever! I was so hype when he stood up from behind that table and burped.

I'm almost positive this is a joke. It has to be.

The first Kombat Pack leaked and I don't think they were very happy about it. Especially since the characters themselves weren't really done. It's right up their sense of humor.

We've had radio silence from them in terms of updates and speculation on when we'll hear about the new characters. There's no way they can't know the fanbase does not want two additional movie characters.

The quality of the trailer is also suspect to me. The goofiness of it. Even the quality of the Leatherface and Xenomorph models look suspect.

I really want to believe.

Waaaaaccck

Just wack really. This is why i hate guest characters. No Fujin....no Rain...no smoke...no Reiko....just wackness even though I like the Xenomorph and Tri-Borg.

vg260

I was expecting 4 actual MK characters this time, but they are pretty shameless with guest characters, so I don't know what I was thinking.

Oddly enough, I like how Predator turned out and if they were doing a Predator, an Alien was the obvious choice. Since they already went down this road if doing two more movie guests, they should have brought back Freddie to have both movie matchups. 4 guest characters is too much, though.

I can totally get how MK fans would be upset. I hated Scorpion taking a DC character spot in Injustice.

kobu

Leatherface? Really? They're really going overboard with guest characters in mk. I guess I'll buy bo rai cho if I like how he plays.

Chairhome

The first Kombat Pack leaked and I don't think they were very happy about it. Especially since the characters themselves weren't really done.

We've had radio silence from them in terms of updates and speculation on when we'll hear about the new characters. There's no way they can't know the fanbase does not want two additional movie characters.

The quality of the trailer is also suspect to me. The goofiness of it. Even the quality of the Leatherface and Xenomorph models look suspect.

This looks like a totally legit trailer. This is not a joke.

The first Kombat Pack leaked and I don't think they were very happy about it. Especially since the characters themselves weren't really done. It's right up their sense of humor.

They've been upfront recently that they were gonna announce the characters tonight at the award show.

And the trailer is real. The second trailer with cutscenes proves it.

Scotia

Banned

The first Kombat Pack leaked and I don't think they were very happy about it. Especially since the characters themselves weren't really done.

99.9% sure this is real but the only thing that would make me think it was a joke is the name Tri-borg. That's too stupid of a name, even for MK. It's still real though....unfortunatley.

『Inaba Resident』;187757745 said:
They've been upfront recently that they were gonna announce the characters tonight at the award show.

And the trailer is real. The second trailer with cutscenes proves it.

I'm talking about the fact that THIS trailer leaked earlier than the show. I think this is a controlled leak they did themselves to troll the fanbase.

I'm not married to the idea, but I really have a feeling that this is just an elaborate joke.

EDIT: And I specifically mean Leatherface and Alien. Not Bo Rai Cho and Tri-borg.

Scotia

Banned
I'm talking about the fact that THIS trailer leaked earlier than the show. I think this is a controlled leak they did themselves to troll the fanbase.

I'm not married to the idea, but I really have a feeling that this is just an elaborate joke.

EDIT: And I specifically mean Leatherface and Alien. Not Bo Rai Cho and Tri-borg.

Dude, just accept it. It'll be easier that way. NRS care about pleasing the casuals more now, that's just how it is.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Pretty bad when you have to rely on movie characters to sell your DLCs rather than your own designs and fighters.

Sesha

99.9% sure this is real but the only thing that would make me think it was a joke is the name Tri-borg. That's too stupid of a name, even for MK. It's still real though....unfortunatley.

Skarlet? Noob Saibot? Sektor? You're letting your disappointment cloud your judgment. Tri-Borg is a name with the perfect amount of stupid for MK.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

So, they went into all the trouble to create models for Xeno and Leatherface and make a trailer for them just to troll the fanbase a couple of hours before the reveal? Don't think so

Endo Punk

Almost makes me want to get the game. Just not a fan of the visual design and 3 stance moveset. Looking forward to MK11 though.

Damn Leatherface is dope. I was hoping one of the new guys was him but I didn't think there was a chance.

I'd rather have Ash Williams in as a guest instead in my opinion. I just think he would fit into the MK universe better than Leatherface, who's a character who's grounded in a lot more realism than most other movie slashers like Jason and Michael Myers.

Top Bottom