• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 trailer

Xav

No Frost, no interest.
684GHbp.jpg

Boon, pls.

Leatherface looks uglier than normal. Don't get all the horror movie characters as much as I love them. Reckon they have numbers that say the MK demo loves this shit. Looking forward to a GOTY edition.

pizzacat

Banned
I think they stopped caring. Goro's in the game, has no story involvement, and in the canon comic lost his arms. And there's a bunch of "old" versions of the characters that don't actually exist in the story either.
That's right the old Kung Lao and old Liu Kant right? Haven't played stroy

Sesha

Surprised we're not getting Frost, Fuujin, Rain, Smoke, or Noob Saibot. And good god, Netherrealm. Just make a fucking movie monster fighter already and get it out of your system.

Soundwavex7

Neo Member
Ok Im not going to lie, I can really get behind Triborg and Tarkatan Alien. HOWEVER, I could care less about Leatherface and Bo Rai Cho. So its a win/lose for me. I mean really RS, you couldnt give us Fuijin?

pizzacat

Banned
These characters look kinda terrible.
Bo rai cho looked dope from what I saw of cutscenes. The robots are whatever but they have to be 3 separate play styles right? Like they wouldn't just combine all 3 of them that would be too dumb with the play style gimmick they got now NRS pls.

But the movie monsters? The dumber they look the more I want tbh

Thoughts:

1- I bet you Leatherface is in because Freddy was used already for MK9.

2- Tarkatan Xenomoph hmph so good yes yes yes

3- Tri-borg's name is stupid (I mean... Change it to Netkode guys. Seriously :p), however as a character/base design looks... and Sektor Cyrax and Smoke man. Three chars for the price of one! (well, not really but you get me).

4- I wasn't expecting Bo-Rai-Cho instead of Fujin or Rain or whoever, but now I see it as a chance to play as a new character I've never used before (jumped into the MK bandwagon with MK9), so good I guess.

EDIT:

Only showed Ps4 and x1 at the end...no PC?

True that. I really hope that's not the case :/

Sesha

The combination of kharacters in this pack is unfortunate, I think. Having two movie characters along with an original character that's a combination of three dead fan faves along with Bo Rai Cho who's not really a big favorite kinda kills the the impact of the whole pack. Since we know they're doing more of these, they should have had two or three returning characters, and either Tarkatalien or Leatherface. Or maybe they want to make people more even hungry for Noob, Smoke and Rain.

Hyped already.

Don't really care for leatherface, Freddy would have been better so we can have two movie match ups.

Also, no female?
i had to say it

They should have gone with Samara/Sadako.

I would loved if NRS would have brought back some of the deadly alliance/deception characters. Noob-smoke, nitara, Li-mei, and frost would have been really cool if they were done right.

Memory

Meh, i'll skip the pack and pick up Tri Borg and MAYBE Xenobaraka, if his moveset doesn't suck. They really need some new stages though.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Meh. Hope Sektor variant is cool at least.

Yep.

Not happy about most of these characters but I'm going to buy them all anyway. :(

Ashra,rekio, and havik one day I'll get you all in a single game.

Struct09

I enjoyed MK9 and MKX, but the more they add in horror movie characters the less interested I become. I've always appreciated MK's ridiculous unique universe and adding in the popular horror movie icons takes away from that for me :(

Soundwavex7

Neo Member
Honestly if it was:
Tri-Borg
Tarkantan Alien
Fuijin
Rain
It would have been completely fine. TA is at least is a neat mash up but really this guest character crap is getting old. And Im just going to say it, Leatherface was never really that great of a horror movie antagonist

Honestly if it was:
Tri-Borg
Tarkantan Alien
Fuijin
Rain
It would have been completely fine. TA is at least is a neat mash up but really this guest character crap is getting old. And Im just going to say it, Leatherface was never really that great of a horror movie antagonist
Not to mention Leatherface doesn't really make sense since Texas chainsaw massacre is more grounded in reality so anyone in the mk universe could easily kill him compared to Jason or the xenomorph.

A reskin? That's lame. There's so much that could have been done with a proper Xenomorph, instead we're just getting Baraka in black.

And who the fuck asked for Boraicho? You should be ashamed of yourself. Terrible choice.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
They really went overboard with guest characters, shows how little faith they have in their own product. I bet characters like Fujin, Rain and Baraka would sell exceptionally well. This shit would never happen in other high profile fighting games like Tekken and Street Fighter

Griss

Alien? ...lame.

Wait, it's a Baraka Alien? Alright, now we're rollin' again.

The movie characters are wasted on me, though. Don't see the appeal at all.

notworksafe

They really went overboard with guest characters, shows how little faith they have in their own product. I bet characters like Fujin, Rain and Baraka would sell exceptionally well. This shit would never happen in other high profile fighting games like Tekken and Street Fighter

Except for Gon in Tekken 3

And all the guest characters in SFxT

Ryce

They really went overboard with guest characters, shows how little faith they have in their own product. I bet characters like Fujin, Rain and Baraka would sell exceptionally well.
The best-selling Mortal Kombat DLC characters are the guests.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dang, 2 more for movie characters. With how many characters there are in the MK Universe and how many of those characters aren't in MKX, you'd think they'd reserve more spots for them.

I'll bet the movie character sell more though.

A reskin? That's lame. There's so much that could have been done with a proper Xenomorph, instead we're just getting Baraka in black.

And who the fuck asked for Boraicho? You should be ashamed of yourself. Terrible choice.

We've seen zero gameplay of the xenomorph yet, so I'd hold off on callling him a reskin for now. Plus there'll be three different variations for the xeno, so who knows what we'll get?

Khezu

why'd not just do the classic alien?...missed opportunity

Classic Alien body structure probably wouldn't work very well in their engine, or at the very least it wouldn't be very fun to play against or as.

Making it hatch from Baraka and use Tartakan as a base is a clever way to get around it.

Triborg is a dumb name.
Don't like Leatherface.

Boraicho is great though, glad he got in.

Sou Da

tumblr_nyleiySlNv1u8mn2eo1_500.gif

There was Xenomorph gameplay in this video?

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
As a huge Alien fan I'm pumped the Xeno is in, however that player model looks REALLY strange. First impression from that image isn't that positive. Leatherface is awesome too though! So is Bo Rai Cho! Dunno how I feel about Tri-Borg though...

Also, I'm on that Frost train for sure. Out of all the new characters that came from the Deadly Alliance universe, she was definitely my favorite!

Edit: Wait, a Tarkatan Xenomorph? That's actually really cool if true.

Scotia

Banned
Leatherface is fucking stupid. Fuck whoever decided that.

Tri-Borg is a stupid name but hey at least I get all three Cyborgs

Bo Rai Cho is OK I guess.

Tarkatan Xenomorph is a great idea. Predator vs Alien will be great.

Boon confirmed to hate Fujin.

I thought the rumours of Alien's inclusion were ridiculous, but the fact that it's a Baraka Xenomorph actually earns it some points for me.

I'm into this line-up, but would have MUCH preferred dropping Leatherface (who looks silly) for Fujin or Li Mei.

Top Bottom