• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 trailer

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Someone else re-uploaded it

Edit: nevermind, gone

-----------------------------------------

Xenomorph Tarkatan is lame. I want Baraka.

A-V-B

I'd rather have Ash Williams in as a guest instead in my opinion. I just think he would fit into the MK universe better than Leatherface, who's a character who's grounded in a lot more realism than most other movie slashers like Jason and Michael Myers.

But then they'd have to do actual voices for Ash.

See, for Alien and Leatherface they can just do generic grunts and character intros. Don't have to hire any extra VAs (get Bo Rai Cho's VA to do some Leatherface noises during the same session,) can use pre-existing assets (xenomorph squeals, etc)... it's cheaper and makes a ton of money.

3EnMpzu.jpg

KOMBAT PACK 3?

Leatherface and Bo Rai Cho are equally horrendous

However Xenomorph is fucking awesome! Someone may have pointed this out already but it just occurred to me right after seeing that: xenomorphs' bodies are based off what host they are born out of! So the one we're seeing right now was born out of a Tarkatan and they'll probably do other species too as variations!

SHOKAN XENOMORPH

Seijuro

MK has so many old characters to draw from which most fans would like to see reimagined, why not more returning characters? Why no brand new MK characters?

Stop it already with the movie tie in characters, they don't fit with the rest of the cast...

MK has so many old characters to draw from which most fans would like to see reimagined, why no returning characters? Why no brand new MK characters?

Stop it already with the movie tie in characters, they don't fit with the rest of the cast...

To be honest all the mk1-umk3 have their chances on mk9. if they return "old" characters, i preffer reboot versions of mk5-mk7 characters. like Kenshi and Boraicho made the cut. theres other cool characters over there. like Havik for example.

CD'S BAR

I'd rather have Ash Williams in as a guest instead in my opinion. I just think he would fit into the MK universe better than Leatherface, who's a character who's grounded in a lot more realism than most other movie slashers like Jason and Michael Myers.

But dat chainsaw. Seems like a perfect fit to me. Ash would be cool, but I can see Leatherface's moveset be just wildly wailing on you with that saw, of which I approve.

Awesome. Wish Reiko or Havik were in but I'll happily take Bo Rai Cho. Was never a Fujin fan so doesn't bother me.

Combining the 3 Cyborgs seems interesting. I like Cyrax and Smoke well enough so looking forward to the variations.

Don't know what people want out of a Leatherface design. Yeah he looks weird, oddly proportioned and deranged because well, that's what he is? Do we want some sort of "badass" Leatherface design all of a sudden? Would've preferred Ash from Evil Dead or another horror icon to be honest, but I'm fine with him.

Xenomorph'd Baraka is an inspired choice. Fully expected them to just go with a plain Xenomorph after the last pack's Predator so this was a nice surprise.

Deadstar

I'd rather have regular Baraka. Why are we getting guest characters when there are main mortal kombat characters who aren't in the game? Really weird....

Don't know what people want out of a Leatherface design. Yeah he looks weird, oddly proportioned and deranged because well, that's what he is? Do we want some sort of "badass" Leatherface design all of a sudden? Would've preferred Ash from Evil Dead or another horror icon to be honest, but I'm fine with him.

I don't think people want him to begin with.

Yukinari

So theyre not gonna bring back Freddy to compliment Jason and the Xenomorph has Baraka's blades instead of being a traditional Xeno.

Whats the point exactly? Are the variations of the Xeno gonna not have the blades?

So theyre not gonna bring back Freddy to compliment Jason and the Xenomorph has Baraka's blades instead of being a traditional Xeno.

Whats the point exactly? Are the variations of the Xeno gonna not have the blades?
I would imagine the variations would be:
1 - Baraka blades
2 - Acid blood
3 - Either facehugger or some enhanced tail variation?

『Inaba Resident』;187761105 said:
I don't think people want him to begin with.

Well of course there will always be people who want ___ instead of ___ in every fighting game for the rest of time (including me, who would've preferred another horror character) but I'm saying if, given Leatherface, people were expecting something else with his design. Even then, they've shown that they can make slight costume changes corresponding to the 3 variations.

A-V-B

Well of course there will always be people who want ___ instead of ___ in every fighting game for the rest of time (including me, who would've preferred another horror character) but I'm saying if, given Leatherface, people were expecting something else with his design. Even then, they've shown that they can make slight costume changes corresponding to the 3 variations.

Who is complaining about Leatherface's design? Like, they want something different?

Who is complaining about Leatherface's design? Like, they want something different?

People in the thread saying Leatherface looks weird, dumb or "uglier than normal." Which, uh, I'm not seeing it maybe? He's...Leatherface. That's kind of his thing. If anything Bo Rai Cho looks a bit off for being leaner than usual.

Zomba13

MK has so many old characters to draw from which most fans would like to see reimagined, why not more returning characters? Why no brand new MK characters?

MK is just becoming MK vs Horror badguys. It's super lame. Especially when we could have Rain (the model is in the game and has at least a partial moveset because you fight him!) or some other old (or new!) MK character. I mean, Triborg is cool if it is in fact Smoke/Cyrax/Sektor on each of the styles so he's pretty much 3 Cyber Ninjas in one.

But yeah, getting really tired of the movie tie in characters.

Saw the picture before the trailer and thought the Xenomorph model looked really really off but seeing it and now knowing it's a Tarkatan Xenomorph, it looks pretty neat I guess. I'm think they did that since it's easier than making a completely new bone rig for a regular Xenomorph which anatomy isn't 100% human like(legs are different). Too much to change with all the Fatalities, X-Rays, etc I guess. Very interested in it's move set since it could be very cool.

Tri-Borg is pretty cool but I think the name is pretty crap. While the 3 cyborgs won't get their own character in the game, it's nice to see them "in" the game at least.

Bo Rai Cho was a givin' since he was in-game already. Dunno how I feel about Leatherface.

ezekial45

Banned
While I do think it's clever that the Xenomorph is taking after its host's abilities (Baraka), I'm a little disappointed that he'll most likely use his moveset. :(

Khezu

While I do think it's clever that the Xenomorph is taking after its host's abilities (Baraka), I'm a little disappointed that he'll most likely use his moveset. :(

Baraka barely had enough for a moveset in MK9, they will have to add a lot of new things to make 3 variations.

I really want a chest burster brutality, Dvorah already has one, so it would be weird if he didn't.

It's very likely that the Tarkalien is a variation. With another strictly for the normal Xenomorph. Possibly with another MK host.

Manu

Crossposting from the community thread:

Wow, KP2 is fucking terrible.

Two more guests, including fucking Alien, which was thrown around a lot and everyone said "surely they won't be that stupid."

No females. And the fucking Cyborgs.

Good for Bo' Rai Cho though. I wanted him. Rest of the pack can eat a dick for all I care.

Not a single female is a fucking travesty.

It's funny, I was playing MKX the other day and thinking, what with the Predator and Jason both in the game, why has no one attempted to make a fighting game featuring famous characters from horror/sci-films? It's almost too perfect and idea. I guess with Leatherface and the xenomorph now in the game, we're one step closer, at least...

Tri-borg... maybe they should have `tried` harder at that name.... Still the character I wanted to see.

\though wish they would stop with these horror movie tie-in characters. Can I buy individual characters or is it pack as in all or none?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Nice corporate synergistic action!

Still play almost every day, on PC no less. Basically me and 5 other people.

CD'S BAR

Can I buy individual characters or is it pack as in all or none?

You can buy individually if it's like Kombat Pack 1, but the release of each character is delayed by a week or so iirc. I'll definitely be getting Leatherface but need to see more of the others to decide on them.

Garlador

Cool. Now just announce the Komplete Edition and I can finally buy this game.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Season 3 and Season 4 and Season 5 have to come first. Season 3 will have Pinhead, Freddy, Spawn, and Meat. Season 4 will have The Terminator, Chucky, Yoda, and Chameleon. Season 5 will have Freddy, Ash, Pennywise the Clown, and Hsu Hao.

And then they'll announce three more seasons.

Manu

Yeah, good luck with that.

Season 3 and Season 4 and Season 5 have to come first. Season 3 will have Pinhead, Freddy, Spawn, and Meat. Season 4 will have The Terminator, Chucky, Yoda, and Chameleon. Season 5 will have Freddy, Ash, Pennywise the Clown, and Hsu Hao.

And then they'll announce three more seasons.

I would find this funny if it wasn't so accurate.

j.rob

IM FREAKING OUT. WHEN THEY SHOWED BARAKA I WAS LIKE "YO BARAKKAS BACK", THEN THE CHEST BURST AND I WAS LIKE "YO! WHAT!??! NO WAY?!?!"

THEN ALIEN DROPPED DOWN...AND THEN DREW THE BLADES AND I WAS LIKE "NAAAAHHHHHHH WHATTTT?!"

Top Bottom