• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 trailer

Windforce

Eh... is that it? My hype is zero now.

Haven't touched MKX since I got the platinum and these packs put me off with the guests.

Actually reminds me to trade away my MKX disc before it gets devaluated by a GOTY version with DLC.

RM8

Do you guys think we'll get a Kombat Pack 3? :( I mean, this shouldn't even be a Kombat Pack, it should be a Horror Pack or whatever.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Season 3 and Season 4 and Season 5 have to come first. Season 3 will have Pinhead, Freddy, Spawn, and Meat. Season 4 will have The Terminator, Chucky, Yoda, and Chameleon. Season 5 will have Freddy, Ash, Pennywise the Clown, and Hsu Hao.

And then they'll announce three more seasons.

In for Hsu Hao.

Khezu

Do you guys think we'll get a Kombat Pack 3? :( I mean, this shouldn't even be a Kombat Pack, it should be a Horror Pack or whatever.

No, shocked there is even a KP2.

After this they will go full on with Injustice 2.

There will be some skins and the Pit stage coming as well.

RM8

No, shocked there is even a KP2.

After this they will go full on with Injustice 2.

There will be some skins and the Pit stage coming as well.
6c4626aaa05c85b6574268cbdb06ffd4.jpg

EulaCapra

I correctly guessed the now placeholder Kombat Pack 2 silhouettes of Baraka, Rain, Fujin, and Sindel and they slap me in the face with a resounding "What?"

This just turned into another $120 dollar (or more) game. Of course, you can get this on PC now for dirt cheap if you know where to look, but still. I'm not even going to bother with Komplete Edition. I'm done with NRS. I'm tired of this crap.

This just turned into another $120 dollar (or more) game. Of course, you can get this on PC now for dirt cheap if you know where to look, but still. I'm not even going to bother with Komplete Edition. I'm done with NRS. I'm tired of this crap.
So companies are not allowed to release dlc al all?

vg260

Heaven forbid some people like the game and like more content being developed for it.

No, but it's BS with Fighting games, especially with NRS. Why couldn't the have all of the DLC characters in one pack?

Because they have to be developed and that takes time. Also because people are more likely to buy content sooner after release than later, and they are still a business. They're not going to make content if it means losing money on it, especially before they have an idea of the game's sales to make cost/profit predictions.

Heaven forbid some people like the game and like more content being developed for it.

You know what. $120 fighting game is BS. I don't care what it is. You can accept it all you want, but I'm done. Oh and I like the game, tbh. I actually own the game, btw.

Unicorn

IM FREAKING OUT. WHEN THEY SHOWED BARAKA I WAS LIKE "YO BARAKKAS BACK", THEN THE CHEST BURST AND I WAS LIKE "YO! WHAT!??! NO WAY?!?!"

THEN ALIEN DROPPED DOWN...AND THEN DREW THE BLADES AND I WAS LIKE "NAAAAHHHHHHH WHATTTT?!"

One of the best surprises of the year, imo.

lazyguy

Ok so I'm the first guy who would argue that too much guest characters "cheapen" the game. But when my boy Xeno's in I'm still going to be super excited. I also like that it's a Tarkatan Xenomorph. The cyborg looks cool to and it makes sense to combine all cyborgs in one. And while Bo Rai Cho is a dumb choice the worst offender is Leatherface for sure. He's not the king of character that goes around doing this kind of stuff. I also think he looks really bad.

So you wanted them to wait to release all the dlc when all of it was done, 1 year after launch?

No, I didn't want the "full" game to be $120+ because I bought it originally with the Kombat Pack with the impression that that was going to be it. This next one is going to be another $30. They just guaranteed I'm not buying another one of their games again unless it is the Komplete pack. But I have spent enough money on it. This is not worth my time anymore.

『Inaba Resident』;187827627 said:
Buying the Kombat Pack doesn't just get you characters. You get a shit ton of costumes (and a stage in this case) as well.
Spacing out the content means you keep interest up for a while.

I owned the first combat pack and was not impressed at all. I was suprised that another was coming. Also, I'd rather they be upfront and have me play a flat fee than this BS.

No, I didn't want the "full" game to be $120+ because I bought it originally with the Kombat Pack with the impression that that was going to be it. This next one is going to be another $30. They just guaranteed I'm not buying another one of their games again unless it is the Komplete pack. But I have spent enough money on it. This is not worth my time anymore.

I owned the first combat pack and was not impressed at all. I was suprised that another was coming. Also, I'd rather they be upfront and have me play a flat fee than this BS.

I'm still confused as to what exactly you're complaining about. I honestly don't get it.

This is unrelated - but I can't wait for Injustice 2. That's why I thought of how I would do it.

Use the Forever Evil story from the comics and the evil Crime Syndicate counterparts

• has simple progression of variation system from MKX
  • choose between alternate reality versions of the Justice League (kind of like variations but a bit more extensive)
  • ex. Owlman is more lethal and armed than Batman, Ultraman is more brutal and powerful, Sea King has the hook hand, etc.
  • story follows the Forever Evil event pretty closely with a large chunk being playing as Injustice League against Crime Syndicate
  • allows for a story that doesnt force heroes to fight one another for no good reason, and no turning good characters evil either - which I really didnt enjoy from the first game
  • also lets villain roster and stories be fleshed out since heroes are initially incapacitated
  • Darkseid comes to the tell everyone that Anti-Monitor is behind it all, everyone teams up to kill him before going back to own worlds (only because I want to play as Darkseid honestly)5

Roster
1. Aquaman/Sea King
2. Batman/Owlman
3. Cyborg/Grid
4. Flash/Johnny Quick
5. Superman/Ultraman
6. Wonder Woman/Superwoman
7. Green Lantern/Power Ring
8. Zatanna/Annataz
9. Firestorm/Deathstorm
10. Booster Gold (here due to Injustice time disruptions)
11. Swamp Thing (here to protect the Green)
12. Shazam (running joke of him looking for his evil form)
13. Black Canary/White Canary
14. Green Arrow/Dark Archer
1. Joker
2. Lex Luthor
3. Black Adam
4. Captain Cold
5. Sinestro
6. Deathstroke
7. Red Hood
8. Poison Ivy
9. Black Manta
10. Harley
11. Grodd
12. Catwoman
13. Circe
14. Darkseid
Then Mazahs can be a boss.

DLC
DLC "realities": Zoom (for Flash), Dark Knight Returns Armored Bruce (for Batman), Jokester (for Joker), Bizzaro (for Superman)
DLC characters: Power Girl, Atrocitus, Plastic Man, Vixen

vg260

So you don't want to spend anymore so no one should have it?

You plan on playing sfv?this question is related to your dlc dillema trust me.

If I can unlock characters through normal play and challenges that are fair, yes I will play it. If not, I'm not even going to bother. I used to be hardcore into fighting games a while back. I'm just tired of all the dlc/season pass bullcrap.

If I can unlock characters through normal play and challenges that are fair, yes I will play it. If not, I'm not even going to bother. I used to be hardcore into fighting games a while back. I'm just tired of all the dlc/season pass bullcrap.
Time to retire gaming bro cause dlc is here to stay. Even the ones that developers built after fans demand. And don't be so naive bro only reason you didn't see old games having dlc is because the technology wasn't there. Instead we bought another full priced version for some new characters.eg; all sf2, sf3, umk3, mk4 gold, yearly kof iterations etc.

vg260

I didn't say that. I'm not buying because it cost a ton of money for a single game to have all of the characters. I wish they were more upfront. I'm done with this thread.

Ok, that's fair that you don't want to spend any more on it, but why is it BS that they are making more characters? A lot of people want more. I don't see this as some sort of bait and switch that this seems to imply.

Also, they may not have had plans fully developed/greenlighted to announce how many characters would be coming out and when. If they were to announce content prematurely and had to scrap plans for it, people would riot.

They get a lot of crap, and some of it is justified, but I don't really see the issue with additional characters over time. At least it's optional extra content and you don't have to buy a new $60 base game in order to still play your original with the same community.

Time to retire gaming bro cause dlc is here to stay. Even the ones that developers built after fans demand. And don't be so naive bro only reason you didn't see old games having dlc is because the technology wasn't there. Instead we bought another full priced version for some new characters.eg; all sf2, sf3, umk3, mk4 gold, yearly kof iterations etc.

I know where the industry is going, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I grew up with the arcades and didn't buy every yearly release. Things are much different now, and I'm getting old.

KingJ2002

I like this... DLC was meant to expand the game... and although i'm not a fan of any of these characters... maybe characters such as bo rai cho will expand on the story a bit.

Well... at least with this we know mortal kombat XI isnt coming anytime soon lol.

Rain & Fujin's character data is already on disc... they're probably on the way after this pack.

MMaRsu

Banned
I would love to get these characters, but will not purchase any of them.

Instead of fixing the ps4 region lock, they want us to pay even more.

Fu Netherrealm and fu WB..greedy companies

I have the Kombat Pass, why is this nnot included? Why cant they give something?

I guess everyone is on board with more dlc

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
They should have just named Triborg Cyrax and given him Sektor and Robo-Smoke variations, since he is the only remaining cyborg in the rebooted timeline. I was always cool with the idea of an all in one cyborg character but I just wish that it wasn't an one off non canonical character like triborg

Also I will only consider buying Xenobaraka if they make a Baraka skin for him. One of his variations is gonna be an updated version of his MK9 moveset anyway, so I don't see why not

I didn't say that. I'm not buying because it cost a ton of money for a single game to have all of the characters. I wish they were more upfront. I'm done with this thread.
I have the Kombat Pass, why is this nnot included? Why cant they give something

They gave you everything they said you'd get in the Kombat Pass - Predator, Jason, Tanya, Tremor and some costumes. Heck, they didn't even wait to reveal the characters like Freddy in MK9, they straight-up told you who you were getting from the jump this time. Nothing in the first pass said you'd get future characters past the initial four.

MMaRsu

Banned
Yeah but you gotta keep spending money. Even after buying the Kombat Pass which didnt even include fucking goro, I still wont have a completr game and I hate that.

Theres no show of goodwill. They havent fixed the ps4 regionlock. They dont give a fuck about the fans only the money

Yeah but you gotta keep spending money. Even after buying the Kombat Pass which didnt even include fucking goro, I still wont have a completr game and I hate that.

Theres no show of goodwill. They havent fixed the ps4 regionlock. They dont give a fuck about the fans only the money

Of course you have to spend money. It's a product that the developers, the publisher and the community want to spend more time with past the launch window. Whether that's through creating the content and selling it or through using the content at home or at tournaments. The business reality is that more content only happens if people choose to pay for it. And they did! So much so that the dev and publisher now sees a logical business reason to create more content.

I still don't understand your initial argument. Do you want them to just stop developing that content (mostly characters) completely after launch? Were you dissatisfied with the amount of advertised characters in the base game yet still chose to buy it despite having access to the information?

It just seems like you feel they duped you somehow with the Kombat Pass which, again, you could clearly read through the description of what that purchase entailed. Goro was also marketed as a Pre-Order incentive that would be a separate purchase from the Kombat Pass.

I understand the concern about high DLC prices and certainly agree with you on the bullshit region locking. But you can't just expect purchases to have stuff based on perceptions of fairness, especially when all the information is right there.

Hype for everyone but Leatherface. We're getting technically 7 characters, 1 stage (which Kombat Pack 1 didn't have) and I assume just as many skins (new characters please, I don't want a 6th one for Johnny). Pretty sure Kombat Pack 1 was labeled as such. Meaning a 2nd one is probably coming. They also laid out what you get. Also, Injustice had dlc past the initial season pass.

Dr. Buni

Xenomorph looks so weird

I would have liked a good netcode to be included with the new character pack. With the game being nonfunctional online, there's no reason for me to buy more chars.

Top Bottom