• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

UPS didn't deliver it because they said my address is incorrect... even though it isn't. So now I have to go to the UPS store later. bleh

At least you're not like my brother. He drove across town to Best Buy during his lunch hour to pick up his pre-ordered copy and they said they were sold out. He got his money and went to the Target next door and they never stocked the game or even put up the display SO he went across the street to GameStop and found a copy.

He's so pissed off he stopped answering my texts. It's pretty funny.

So I gotta ask, is there any word on potential extra chapters as unlocks for story mode? It's just so abrupt, there's gotta be more.
I mean why even make old Kung Lao the default for character select if you never even see him like that in the story? Same for normal Liu Kang. You never see him as a non-revenant apart from flashbacks. My only fear is that this is all we get for now, and there's going to be story expansion DLC in the future.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I really didn't expect to like Cassie at all but man, she's hitting all of the right buttons for me. Might have to punt off Mileena to make place for her alongside Reptile.

Pro

can someone explain how to execute Scorpion's takedown special move ***** attack that goes <-+square,triangle,<-->circle

I cannot get this. In training mode.

I really don't think the PC version of the game was done. Everyone is suffering the exact same issue (save for performance differences) which would lead one to believe that that's how it's working in house at HVS. They gave us the part of the game that is working in the hopes that it would tide us over until the rest of the game was complete.

Moreover, I don't think they have any idea when it will be done. That's why the post on the Steam forums said 23 parts when there was 29. They didn't expect to have 29 parts ready for release today.

JohngPR

So I heard that a day 1 patch makes it so you get less koins for the Krypt. Is the amount of koins that are given before the patch TOO many? I don't mind grinding a little bit (a part of my kind of enjoys it) but if the balance is totally off, I wouldn't mind getting less. I have yet to see how much things cost in the Krypt this time around.

Only quoting myself because I'm currently installing the game since it finally came via Fed Ex and want to know before I play. :)

can someone explain how to execute Scorpion's takedown special move ***** attack that goes <-+square,triangle,<-->circle

I cannot get this. In training mode.

<-+square then triangle immediately after then back forward circle. Needs to be done pretty fast I had a few tries at it

Current State of the PC version (as of 2pm 04/14/15):

Working Features
&#8226; Single Fight (I've tested versus CPU, but not 2 player)
&#8226; Practice Mode
&#8226; Fatality Practice Mode
&#8226; Tutorial
&#8226; Most option menus (Control Pad menu crashes the game)
&#8226; 23 of the 25 characters (Shinnok and Goro require you to finish story mode before they are available)

Non-Working Features
&#8226; Online
&#8226; Story Mode
&#8226; Ladders
&#8226; Scorpion
&#8226; Sub Zero
&#8226; Literally everything else not listed under "Working"

Let me know if I missed anything, or if anything has been fixed since I last checked.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gamefly didn't come today. Nooooooooo!

Working Features
• Single Fight (I've tested versus CPU, but not 2 player)
• Practice Mode
• Fatality Practice Mode
• PART of the Tutorial
• Most option menus (Control Pad menu crashes the game)
• 23 of the 25 characters (Shinnok and Goro require you to finish story mode before they are available)

Non-Working Features
• Story Mode
• Ladders
• Scorpion
• Sub Zero
• Literally everything else not listed under "Working"

Let me know if I missed anything, or if anything has been fixed since I last checked.

The tutorial is complete.

JohngPR

Just got my Amazon Import Edition in the mail!

Took some pics of it:

img_1682zxzwm.jpg

img_16831tl52.jpg

img_168444z9z.jpg

img_1691onbzk.jpg

img_16884ryy6.jpg

img_1687q3l4q.jpg

Also of note:

-It's a US copy of the game although it's called the "import edition".
-It came with both the regular case and the steelbook case which is a first for me.
-It comes with a code for Goro in the steelbook case.
-Statue is very nice...just as detailed as the promotional pics and is about a foot tall.
-Thanks go to my awesome wife for chipping in some money for me to get this. :p

Vaga

Working Features
• Single Fight (I've tested versus CPU, but not 2 player)
• Practice Mode
• Fatality Practice Mode
• Tutorial
• Most option menus (Control Pad menu crashes the game)
• 23 of the 25 characters (Shinnok and Goro require you to finish story mode before they are available)

Non-Working Features
• Story Mode
• Ladders
• Scorpion
• Sub Zero
• Literally everything else not listed under "Working"

Lol they done fucked up.

Meanwhile I'm getting my ass whooped online, after Bloodborne I'm so damn rusty ugh.

Just beat the story. Spoilers below:

So has raiden been corrupted by Shinnok's amulet? Also, i think its a little tacky for Neverrealm to have fully designed AI of Sindel, Baraka, and Rain even though they are not playable fighters. Also Tanya seems complete in the story as well, yet theyre selling her as DLC.

I'm 10/0 online, but netcode seems to be poor right now. I'm struggling doing an easy [three inputs] D'vorah into X-ray combo because the X-ray comes far too late online.

Struggling with her easy fatality too online.

Fury451

Banned

So has raiden been corrupted by Shinnok's amulet? Also, i think its a little tacky for Neverrealm to have fully designed AI of Sindel, Baraka, and Rain even though they are not playable fighters. Also Tanya seems complete in the story as well, yet theyre selling her as DLC.

She isn't complete. Placeholder moves at this time, and she doesn't have 3 styles.

It seems they've done the same with the other characters mentioned- those may or may not show up as fully fleshed DLC with he three move styles.

Had no interest in using him, but I'm really digging Kung Jin after using him in story mode. Like a perfect blend of Green Arrow and Nightwing.

She's not complete at all. Sure you see her model, and fight against her, but she's using Kitanas moves/stance along with a fireball from Scorpion.

Just got my Amazon Import Edition in the mail!

Took some pics of it:

Also of note:

-It's a US copy of the game although it's called the "import edition".
-It came with both the regular case and the steelbook case which is a first for me.
-It comes with a code for Goro in the steelbook case.
-Statue is very nice...just as detailed as the promotional pics and is about a foot tall.
-Thanks go to my awesome wife for chipping in some money for me to get this. :p

My wife does stuff like that too :) she's an enabler and I love her haha

Edzi

It's more about the button placement to me.

I posted this earlier, but maybe it'll help:

square: FP, triangle: BP, R1: Block

X: FK, circle: BK, R2: stance change

That's my button layout on my stick. I basically just switched around the R1 and R2 buttons since I find that it works a lot better and acts more like a traditional 6 button fighter layout.

Some observations about EX move inputs--

• Moves that can be EX'd in the air can be done by holding block in the air, then inputting the rest of the command.
  • Moves that can be EX'd on the ground can be done by inputting the directionals followed by block ~ input button (IE you don't have to hit them at the same time, you can hit block slightly before the main input button -- EX: Down, Forward, Block~Triangle. This, however, only seems to work outside of combos).
  • I have no idea the purpose of the throw cancel (throw ~ block button during first few frames). Nothing seems guaranteed? Why would you burn meter for that?
Other observations--
  • Very disappointed that Raiden can only teleport freely during displacer variation. To me this is a staple move (like the flying push or lightning bolt). Now I know why Tony-T got bodied in the corner so hard in Thunder God variation. I was literally yelling at the monitor "TELEPORT YOU ()%&(%#&% (more Raiden gibberish)!"
  • Not sure why you would wan't to use a combo breaker while blocking, unless chip damage might kill you?
  • The backdash is nice, but it uses half your stamina bar and the recovery afterwards is slow. They would have to whiff something huge to punish with this.
  • Why do we have a stance change button (which seems entirely useless) when a run button would be so much better?

Dajanksta

Banned
I posted this earlier, but maybe it'll help:

square: FP, triangle: BP, R1: Block

X: FK, circle: BK, R2: stance change

That's my button layout on my stick. I basically just switched around the R1 and R2 buttons since I find that it works a lot better and acts more like a traditional 6 button fighter layout.
Will try this when I get home. Is your x Ray still both triggers?

Top Bottom