• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat XL PC Enhanced Online Beta ...free weekend happening right now

prudislav

header.jpg

https://steamdb.info/app/471210/subs/

ExpiryTime August 29, 2016 – 17:00:00 UTC (1472490000) 4 days from now
FreeWeekend Yes
StartTime August 25, 2016 – 17:00:00 UTC (1472144400) 3 minutes from now
https://steamdb.info/sub/124164/

EDIT:
Free Beta ;-)
EiqTaab.png

This is certainly something...

..Please tell me they have something planned for previous owners of MKX, if this is straight-up "Pay $40/60 for a new version with no alternative", I ain't havin' it.

Lord Phol

Actually re-installed MKX recently to play with a friend and remembered how much fun it is. Not sure I want to support WB games anti-PC crusade anymore but I can't say no to free, will give it a try. Hope this isn't a mess.

MrCarter

Too little too late. I doubt all of the people who bought the PC version will come back now due to it leaving a sour taste in their mouth but it's still better than nothing I suppose.

ZeroCDR

Too little too late. I doubt all of the people who bought the PC version will come back now due to it leaving a sour taste in their mouth but it's still better than nothing I suppose.

The main thing holding the game back for me was the abysmal netcode on PC and now that may be fixed, so yes I am coming back :)

dlemarc

I just finished a match playing as Leatherface and I saw Triborg available as well, so the characters are unlocked. I have a 200mbps connection, and my match felt like a local multiplayer match. It took a bit to find a connection though, with the lack of people. It first searched my local area, then nearby, then worldwide IIRC. I'll probably be getting it when it's available.

edit: intros still have Q-Loc and High Voltage listed, fyi

Hope the performance will be better. Couldnt hit 60 fps 100% of the time, in fact my fps was never different no matter the resolution or settings.

I just played a game. It works! All the XL content seems to be there, characters and everything. We made it fam!

Now I just hope the pricing is not ridiculous.

theRizzle

I just played a game. It works! All the XL content seems to be there, characters and everything. We made it fam!

Now I just hope the pricing is not ridiculous.

How was this released/priced on consoles? Is this considered a separate product from MKX or is it a DLC/expansion thing?

theRizzle

The netcode and the new stage were free, but you had to buy the 4 new characters.

yes, it was both kind of. the people that had the og version though got the short end of the stick though

Cheers, thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if it would be worth it to get the OG version now in hopes that there will be some kind of "make-good" and it'll either be a free upgrade (not holding my breath) or have a hefty discount at least (holding my breath a little).

You know what, hats off to NRS for doing this. The way the PC edition has been handle thus far as been atrocious, but I'm glad they are seemingly trying to do right. I hope it goes well.

I play on PS4, but I would've been pissed if I had bought it on PC.

RM8

I'm 100% back. Oh man, MKXL, SFV, KI and Tekken 7 on my PC <3

Top Bottom