• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Anticipated Movies of '08!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basch said:
I have no idea. I love the poster, though: turned off by the words monster movie. To many failed attempts make me skeptical about this one. The only movie I felt that did it right was... King Kong.
I kid, I kid.
:lol
King Kong was an excellent movie. I would almost put anyone who says otherwise on ignore. Basically, if you didn't like King Kong circa 2005, you're an A.D.D. ridden soulless Philistine. And that's a fact. You can acknowledge its flaws, as I do, but it was still an excellent film.

jett

D-Member
2008 begins and ends with The Dark Knight.

I'm amazed that people are capable of anticipating a Roland Emmerich movie. The sequel to the shitfest that was Narnia is up there too.

jett said:
I'm amazed that people are capable of anticipating a Roland Emmerich movie. The sequel to the shitfest that was Narnia is up there too.
It's because Prince Caspian was an excellent book, and it's probably the best suited of all the books to be made into a movie. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite of the books, but I don't know how well it could be adapted.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
jett said:

Because the first Narnia was an excellent adaptation of the book, which was also great.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Tarsem Singh's The Fall -- been waiting on this for almost two years, as it is continually shuffled around, searching for a distributor.

Marc Caro's Dante 01

David Gordon Green's Snow Angels

Fernando Meirelles' Blindness

And I'm looking forward to being the in the theater for a showing of Haneke's Funny Games remake; even if it's a mostly unnecessary project, the reactions of unsuspecting audience members should be a kick.

Maggot9

Banned
poster-rambo.jpg

Thank god there's a 2008 to make up for the shitfest that was 2007.

I'm going with:

The Dark Knight
Indiana Jones
Chronicles of Narnia 2
Cloverfield
Iron Man
Harry Potter 6
Wall*E
Rambo
Star Trek
The Other Boleyn Girl
X Files Sequel dated for July 25th

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Dark Knight all the way, baby.

Wall-E
Rambo
Cloverfield
Star Trek
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Hellboy II
Indiana Jones
Bond 22

Busy season, no doubt.

EDIT: Forgot about my boy Bond.

Fady K

<----------------------------------------------------------------

Just saw the trailer for Funny Games.

What the hell is the point of remaking this if it's a shot by shot remake by the same director? Is Haneke trying to come to Hollywood, or what? Bah.

And there's no way he can make Naomi Watts unsexy for that oh-so-important sequence.

WATCH

THE

ORIGINAL

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
New film by Klapisch in the Spanish Apartment series. Called Paris. Gonna be so good.

Also Dark Knight and Caspian. But I'm really waiting for Dawn Treader.

JaCy

I'm looking forward to a quite a few movies this year. Hopefully they won't be let downs like a lot of 07' movies were. :\

Dark Knight
Wall-E
Indiana Jones
Harry Potter 6
Cloverfield

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Foreign Jackass said:
Just saw the trailer for Funny Games.

What the hell is the point of remaking this if it's a shot by shot remake by the same director? Is Haneke trying to come to Hollywood, or what? Bah.

And there's no way he can make Naomi Watts unsexy for that oh-so-important sequence.

WATCH

THE

ORIGINAL

I don't much care for the smarmy original. I think it may have been a film ahead of its time, though, and better suited for an American audience (some people today would rather catch a crime on their cell phone camera than use it to call for help).

I'm wondering now when we'll get a remake of Visitor Q.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
WALL-E
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Cloverfield
Be Kind Rewind

I'm not a huge film nut, but these look cool. Just to clarify; I'm one of those assholes thats never properly seen an Indy film, I'm just that lame.

Edit: Just saw the trailer for Jumper, that looks rad.

McBacon said:
Just to clarify; I'm one of those assholes thats never properly seen an Indy film, I'm just that lame.
Go rent Raiders of the Lost Ark as soon as you can. This isn't some artsy, slow-paced "classic" that only the film buffs like; this is one of the best action/adventure movies (probably the best) of all time!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I feel really silly because I love shit like Tomb Raider and Uncharted, but I have never got round to Indy.

Soon!

Captain N

Wanted

wanted_200712051727.jpg

Directed By

Tim Bekmambetov (Night Watch)

Cast
James McAvoy
Morgan Freeman
Terence Stamp
Thomas Kretschmann
Common
Angelina Jolie

Release
June 27, 2008

Midas

Wes said:
Not going to repeat all the ones listed so far (althought I can't wait to see a whole load of them) but I will throw this one into the mix:

8afnsxd.jpg

I didn't knew about this movie until now. How can anyone not anticipate it?

Jerry (Jack Black) is a junkyard worker who attempts to sabotage a power plant he suspects of causing his headaches. But he inadvertently causes his brain to become magnetized, leading to the unintentional destruction of all the movies in his friend's (Mos Def) store. In order to keep the store's one loyal customer, an elderly lady with a tenuous grasp on reality, the pair re-create a long line of films including The Lion King, Rush Hour, Ghostbusters, When We Were Kings, Back to the Future, Driving Miss Daisy, and Robocop , putting themselves and their townspeople into it. They become the biggest stars in their neighborhood.

Price Crapian looks AWFUL. I swear put epic music into a trailer and you can make people like anything.

This yea I am looking for To the DArk Knight and well that all so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom