• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Memorable Videogame Menus

NotWii

Banned
What are your favorite videogame menus?
They're usually the barest part of any game, so I'm interested which ones have stuck with you over the years

You can list them for whatever reason
- Simplicity/Layout
- Style/Creativity
- Music
- Other

For me, I'll probably go with Metroid Prime's menu for it's style and music

Runners up:
Space Invaders Extreme 2: slick animations and awesome music

fernoca

Virtua Fighter 4 (PlayStation 2)...
The metallic-scheme..the water..the sound effects....the pictures behind the water..

epmode

I don't know about the best ever but I'm currently in love with the Wipeout Fury frontend.

(I also liked Wipeout 3 kinda)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The King Of Fighters XI (PS2)
Bad Company 2 (I just like the color palette and UI design :3)
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4

And of course every Wipeout

final-fantasy-7-menu-screen-cloud-barret-tifa.jpg

dat blue. Then VIII came and screwed everything up.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The original Metroid Prime is the only thing that immediately jumps to mind. There's probably much better ones, though...

Edit: I see this was in the OP... I didn't read before replying.

Anghammarad

Neo Member
We are talking about main menus? If so, three immediately spring to mind: Metroid Prime, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. The first one because of its epicness, the other two because of their eeriness. But they are all fantastic.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

skyfinch

I really like Forza 3's. Nice, clean and unlike Forza 2, you don't have to wait for the car models to load in. Nice music in the menus as well.

jbueno

My favorite screen title and menu so far is from MGS4, but that has been mentioned already.

I think Muramasa The Demon Blade on Wii should get a mention as well. A great audiovisual design for a menu.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Metriod Prime 3 and Brutal Legend have awesome main menu screens.

it's already been mentioned but Codemasters has menus and GUI's that are just on another level this gen. I thought GRID was even more impressive than DiRT and DiRT2.

Struct09 said:
I don't play it much, but Modern Warfare 2 deserves a nod for loading the menu so quickly

No. That is not a memorable menu, unless shitty menus also count as memorable. The fucking fog in the background makes the text unreadable. WTF were they thinking?!

AAK

0.jpg

And this counts as a menu:

devil.jpg

Damn, that
watch
was just awesome. Always got me pumped for the match. Indestructable doesn't have anything on this one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am pretty sure FFXIII destroys anything I've played.

Top Bottom