• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most shameful game purchase?

Kaachan

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't ask me why

AREYOUOKAY?

Nights Journey of Dreams. Even as someone who loved the first Saturn game I felt embarrassed to play or even watch this one.

Batiman

Banned
I’d say renting games as a kid was the biggest choice to make. You had to take gambles but sometimes they worked. It’s hard to make a bad purchase nowadays unless the internet hype gets to you. Sometimes it would take you 5 min to realize you made a huge mistake when it came to renting

Reactions: Isa

35cent

WmtCofu_d.webp

When that intro pop song started I literally jumped off my bed and ran to close the door so my family wouldn’t hear it. I still feel a sense of shame and embarrassment about this game.

This game was like the exact moment when Square Enix stopped caring about taking video game storytelling to the next level and instead decided to focus on cringe waifu crap and corny shounen anime tropes.
The intro of this game literally made me speechless. I still remember sitting on my bed watching it with my mouth wide open in shock of what I was witnessing. I'd never even heard of this game until my brother brought it home one day. Needless to say I didn't expect what was to come....

35cent

I bought Ride to Hell: Retribution thinking it would be a laugh at least with all the bugs and everything. Turns out it's bad-bad not 'so bad it's funny' bad.

Ceadeus

My friend started playing it again after this season started and that new no vehic mode. I always liked the close quarter combat from other bf games without the vehics. So I'll check it out. I miss the Metro meat grinder days.
BF3 maps were really good. Smaller than BF4 and the next but much more focused on the players ability to move. There was a lot of cool alleyways to prepare an ambush by fighting in close quarters.

I recall the close quarter expanssion maps to be really fun too. This game graphics, sounds and vfx really were on another level when comparing to other shooter of its time!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I got ShadowMan N64 as a gift and returned it to get WWF War Zone. We do not all make wise decisions as kids.
I got shadowman 64 for christmas that year. Boy was I pissed off. The only shock value was hearing my character curse but the game was shit!

Cryio

I don't understand most people that have "shameful purchases" given you know, I actually do my research before buying something.

But if I ABSOLUTELY have to pick something, it would be Hydrophobia. It's a AA game from the early 2010's. It's main gimmick was amazing (for the time) dynamic water physics. Visually it was perfunctory for it's day, platforming, puzzles and story was mostly a joke. It's a 6/10 game at best. But I played it pirated originally, liked it sufficiently for the tech demo ambition that it had and purchased it a decade later for 2.5€ or something, maybe 0.5€?

Yeah, that's my story.

I specially imported the Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune edition.
Same-sies!! I even went out of my way to create a separate PSN profile with a Hong Kong address and buy the PSN codes in Hong Kong dollars so I could get the extra DLC and in-game currency to rack up my outfit collection!! Probably dropped a couple hundred bucks easy. Totally worth it!!

no regrets fernando GIF by ABBA

Fahdis

The intro of this game literally made me speechless. I still remember sitting on my bed watching it with my mouth wide open in shock of what I was witnessing. I'd never even heard of this game until my brother brought it home one day. Needless to say I didn't expect what was to come....

😉

I recently paid $100 for a complete copy of Einhander for PS1. It's a great game, but I'm notoriously cheap by nature and could never have imagined spending more than $60 on any game. What made it worse was that I already had a $10 digital copy on PS3.

Laptop1991

ESO thinking i would be getting an Elder Scroll experience, played it 3 times put it down never touched it again in 7 years never will, only cost a tenner though.

Top Bottom