• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother anti-subjectively has a great soundtrack but which is the greatest tune to reach your ears?

ROMhack

I think we can all agree that Mother is objectively a series whose resonant choral sounds strike the ears with the highest degree of personal satisfaction. Whilst various other video games may reach similar peaks, it is without dubious composition of this arranged argument that there exists a high volume of banging tunes within that triptych of games we call the Mother series - yes even that oddball first game which nobody has played, since affected by an unfortunate passage of revisionism with its trendy new title EarthBound: Beginnings.

Btw did you know the 'B' in EarthBound is officially capitalised? This is a truth that has only just come upon my person on constructing this thread. Previously I'd referred to the game simply as 'Earthbound' but little did I know how wrong I was truly was. I'm officially emboldened by this intellectual expanse. Spiritually energised like the freshest coffee has been intravenously injected into the deepest reaches of my soul. I hope to have affected you in similar ways, which I know I have so it goes without saying tbh.

Back to the point. Oh yeah. Mother. It's got a lot of great songs. They're like really good and stuff.

But which is your favourite one?

Tell me. Mine is Summers, Eternal Tourist Trap.

P.S. I accidentally deleted the poll thus rendering this thread implausibly imperfect. However, the question remains.

Last edited:

Antoon

Banned
I think Mother 3s soundtrack is vastly superior to the more experimental tunes of Earthbound on SNES. Also there is a lot more variety in 3, even if they took many of the melodies from popular bands.

ROMhack

I think Mother 3s soundtrack is vastly superior to the more experimental tunes of Earthbound on SNES. Also there is a lot more variety in 3, even if they took many of the melodies from popular bands.

Yeah I agree. Certainly my favourite and I imagine it's helped by the superior sound quality of the GBA.

tkscz

The Fate battle theme from Mother 3 is so good, along with Home Sweet Home (Pollyanna) from Earthbound

Yeah I agree. Certainly my favourite and I imagine it's helped by the superior sound quality of the GBA.

The GBA was said to have a worse sound chip than the SNES.

Last edited:
Pokey Means Business!

But I also like:

Snowman (Snow Wood Boarding House)

Boy Meets Girl (Twoson)

Buy Somethin, Will Ya!

Escargo Express at Your Service!

I think that starmen tracks are closer to the originals

Last edited:
Top Bottom