Mother in the UK was arrested in front her kids for misgendering a trans person on Twitter.

Dec 12, 2013
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-children-calling-transgender-woman-man.html
Not only was she arrested for her beliefs that people can't change their gender but they did it in front of her kids and two months later still haven't given her back her phone and laptop they confiscated. It's fucking ludicrous, not even flat-Earthers get arrested for their nonsensical beliefs. It's good to know with violent crime escalating and becomming rampant throughout urban areas across the UK, that the police there is going after the real criminals...:pie_eyeroll:

Obligatory:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2016
Reporting seems one-sided. This is clearly not a case of simple misgendering, she had multiple accounts dedicated to a campaign of harassment, the substance of which is wholly avoided in this article, but which clearly extends far beyond simply using the wrong pronouns. My bullshit detector is screaming.

Short of libel and threats, you should be more or less able to say whatever you want on Twitter, at least legally. They can ban you if they feel you're violating their TOS but I don't think you should be arrested.

Oct 21, 2014
Poor woman.

Edit: Another DM article just went up with the following quote regarding the LGBTQ+ woman specifically:

A complaint from Ms Hayden was previously behind a police verbal harassment warning given to Father Ted writer Graham Linehan following a Twitter spat. She also campaigned against Sussex University over perceived 'transgender hostility' and was among those who pressurised a billboard company to remove a poster in Liverpool, which said the dictionary definition of 'woman' was an 'adult human female'.

That's a lot of activism! Take a chill-pill love, stop getting your knickers in a twist, and make us a cuppa!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Folks, please read HyGogg's post before leaping on the "omg eeeeeeevil SJWs" bandwagon. This woman was mounting a systemic harassment campaign, and misgendering trans people was just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, remember: never trust the Daily Mail for anything. It's notorious for writing purposefully misleading stories like this to rally easily frightened bigots.

Apr 15, 2018
Reporting seems one-sided. This is clearly not a case of simple misgendering, she had multiple accounts dedicated to a campaign of harassment, the substance of which is wholly avoided in this article, but which clearly extends far beyond simply using the wrong pronouns. My bullshit detector is screaming.

Short of libel and threats, you should be more or less able to say whatever you want on Twitter, at least legally. They can ban you if they feel you're violating their TOS but I don't think you should be arrested.
Oh no she had more than one account. We better arrest her ass.
I feel sorry for you... it must be so, so horrible to be so angry and hateful all the time instead of showing love and compassion.
Unreal. You're in this thread, clearly defending the state abusing its power, becuase she doesn't buy into your bullshit politics, and you are talking"love and compassion". Where the fuck is yours?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
Folks, please read HyGogg's post before leaping on the "omg eeeeeeevil SJWs" bandwagon. This woman was mounting a systemic harassment campaign, and misgendering trans people was just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, remember: never trust the Daily Mail for anything. It's notorious for writing purposefully misleading stories like this to rally easily frightened bigots.
She is also alleged to have used accounts in two names to 'harass, defame, and publish derogatory and defamatory tweets' about Miss Hayden, including referring to her as male, stating she was 'racist, xenophobic and a crook' and mocking her as a 'fake lawyer'.
Look at all that harrassment!

I wonder why she called Hayden "racist, xenophobic, and a crook"? I need to dig into her Twitter for a little bit.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Oh no she had more than one account. We better arrest her ass.

Unreal. You're in this thread, clearly defending the state abusing its power, becuase she doesn't buy into your bullshit politics, and you are talking"love and compassion". Where the fuck is yours?
The Daily Mail is intentionally misleading. It's not an abuse of power if she was engaging in a harassment campaign and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I sympathize with many things, but that doesn't extend to people who are unrepentantly hateful and aggressive.

And how is it "bullshit politics" to accept that gender dysmorphia is real and treat transgender people with dignity and compassion? I think it's a far better use of time to get along with them than to dehumanize and marginalize them, like you do.

Mar 18, 2018

Define systematic harassment campaign please.

Sep 5, 2007
UK
  • TGO

TGO

This is all kinda fucked up, UK Police should be ashamed of themselves.
A twitter warning for harassment maybe but being arrested?
The world is fucked up.

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Is "deadnaming" really a reason to give a report to police?

If someone calls a heterosexual person a homosexual online, or vice versa, would that be a reason to make it a police business?
Or if someone calls a cis male a cis woman, or a cis woman a cis man, would that be something that needs police interference?

EDIT:
I mean, not even calling someone a disgusting human being is something that is dealt by police.

So people shouldn't trust Daily Mail but they should trust HyGogg in an internet forum?

I agree that Daily Mail is perhaps more of a tabloid thing than anything serious and trustworthy, but at least there are quotes and a story to go through whereas a person chiming in on some forum doesn't necessarily have even that.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
Creating multiple accounts to attack people is a pretty good example of "systemic." That is, it's not a one-off instance, it's part of a pattern of intentional behavior.
By this logic, multiple people on this board should be arrested for disagreeing with trans positions. It's a anonymous account and we have the audacity to disagree with your politics"

The Daily Mail is intentionally misleading. It's not an abuse of power if she was engaging in a harassment campaign and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I sympathize with many things, but that doesn't extend to people who are unrepentantly hateful and aggressive.

And how is it "bullshit politics" to accept that gender dysmorphia is real and treat transgender people with dignity and compassion? I think it's a far better use of time to get along with them than to dehumanize and marginalize them, like you do.
"misleading? Is she in jail or not. It absolutely is an abuse of power to use the state to jail someone who disagrees with your politics.

She didn't cause harm, she didn't destroy anything. At worst she hurt a transgender persons feelings once she she told the truth. That is not a crime.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2015
No doubt the Bizzies were appropriately dressed in full stormtrooper riot gear for the bust, can’t be too careful dealing with mums these days. Don’t want anyone to get hurt as per the dynamic risk assessment and pre-raid toolbox talk.

Hopefully they took a camera crew in with them so we can all be entertained in the future on crime tv when the plod searching the kitchen holds the (knife-for-spudding-times-one) up to the lens and announces to the world that , ‘This is what we have to deal with in modern day policing, things could have gone very wrong here!’ In a voice quivering with the promise of imminent PTSD while sad piano music plays in the background in a minor key.

Wankers.

Yeah.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Creating multiple accounts to attack people is a pretty good example of "systemic." That is, it's not a one-off instance, it's part of a pattern of intentional behavior.
Apparently it was two accounts.
Yeah, sure I guess that counts as multiple but come on, a "harassment campaign" and a "pattern of behaviour?"

Jul 16, 2017
Mother of 2 made multiple Twitter accounts to start a harassment campaign on a trans person ...

Sounds like a scumbag to me I have no sympathy for the idiot in question , there's probably more to it being withheld by the police . I wonder what her tweets said. But either way at the grand age of 38 how can you have nothing better to do then troll Twitter :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Feb 21, 2018
I have to agree with others on jumping the gun on this one. I saw this story the other day. Clearly this women was harassing this person and there is more to the story. I don't agree with arresting people of deadnaming, but I also don't agree with harassment.

Even if you don't agree with transgender that does not give you the right to harass someone, sorry everyone deserves to treated with respect. You don't like her then just leave her alone don't go nuts on twitter creating mulitple accounts to attack someone.

Dec 15, 2011
The people getting upset at using the wrong pronoun are the same people that will get on Twitter and post the most vile and hateful things towards conservatives and Republicans. It's amazing.
I demand you tolerate my views, whilst I exhibit intolerance of yours.

How is "online harassment" real? Like, walk away from the monitor lol. Like, close your eyes lololol
I am a victim. Therefore I am helpless, I have no agency, I am not accountable for anything that happens to me.
As long as I keep my victim card then it is the world that must change, not me.

Dec 22, 2010
Approaching the story with some skepticism due to the source and the type of rhetoric the subject matter usually invites but if said woman is harassing someone over Twitter isn't that just Twitter's problem? I've no problem with any company banning people for targeted harassment but getting the police involved is one step too far. Thank FSM for the 1st in America.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
I hate all of this so much. It is all just so absolutely exhausting for me. :messenger_pensive:

As a trans woman, I of course feel for the struggles other trans people go through. I've been through all of it with the exception of physical violence. It can be a very difficult existence, and one I would wish on no one.

I also feel for the struggles that gender-critical women go through as well...feeling like their safe places are being invaded and such. Some of these women have real anxiety and anger toward men, most likely due to something awful happening to them at some point in their past. As we've seen lately in the news at Gamestop, not all trans women are the same...and as much as we may all profess to feel like women on the inside, an angry outlier may yet be capable of showing stereotypically masculine aggression. It's certainly not the norm, but it could happen...which creates fear, even if widely unfounded.

Being misgendered sucks. It feels awful, and depending on the mental state of an individual, it can edge those unstable enough closer to suicide. Still, there are far more effective ways of dealing with it rather than allowing it to fuel angry outrage. Anger and trying to silence opposing views usually only makes things worse in the long run in many different ways...

The last thing the world needs is for the discord that happened between this forum and "the other place" to further become a wide-spread global phenomenon.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
The people getting upset at using the wrong pronoun are the same people that will get on Twitter and post the most vile and hateful things towards conservatives and Republicans. It's amazing.
There's a difference hating someone's physical traits and hating their ideas. This isn't to condone threats against anyone, but there's also no hypocrisy in defending transgender rights while criticizing the people who try to destroy transgender rights, like Trump supporters.

Oct 5, 2015
I hate all of this so much. It is all just so absolutely exhausting for me. :messenger_pensive:

As a trans woman, I of course feel for the struggles other trans people go through. I've been through all of it with the exception of physical violence. It can be a very difficult existence, and one I would wish on no one.

I also feel for the struggles that gender-critical women go through as well...feeling like their safe places are being invaded and such. Some of these women have real anxiety and anger toward men, most likely due to something awful happening to them at some point in their past. As we've seen lately in the news at Gamestop, not all trans women are the same...and as much as we may all profess to feel like women on the inside, an angry outlier may yet be capable of showing stereotypically masculine aggression. It's certainly not the norm, but it could happen...which creates fear, even if widely unfounded.

Being misgendered sucks. It feels awful, and depending on the mental state of an individual, it can edge those unstable enough closer to suicide. Still, there are far more effective ways of dealing with it rather than allowing it to fuel angry outrage. Anger and trying to silence opposing views usually only makes things worse in the long run in many different ways...

The last thing the world needs is for what happened between this forum and "the other place" is for that discord to further become a wide-spread global phenomenon.
Well said.

Thoughtful and reasonable voices in todays mob mentality are drowned out by the shouting of others.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2013
Approaching the story with some skepticism due to the source and the type of rhetoric the subject matter usually invites but if said woman is harassing someone over Twitter isn't that just Twitter's problem? I've no problem with any company banning people for targeted harassment but getting the police involved is one step too far. Thank FSM for the 1st in America.
This is my main issue as well. Why is the UK police dealing with this and arresting the person when they constantly say they don't have resources to deal with real crime. I heard from people that live in the UK that the police won't even look into burglarized homes or stolen cars because "no resources". Rampant knife crimes, acid attacks but they think going after a twitter harasser is resources well spent? It's laughable.

So just to be clear my OP is not intended to defend any harassment the woman did, it's to mock the British police who don't deal with real crime and instead waste resources on stuff like this.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018
That is not systemic. That is a person being an insufferable ideolog. Which reminds me of those who use the word systemic as a modifier to escalate their opinions to seem more important than they are.

Jun 12, 2018
I think it is abhorrent to harass or mistreat someone over who they are, but I also think it is absurd to arrest some jerk over unpleasant tweets unless they are actually threatening or inciting harm. There is a block function on twitter. If you don't like what someone says use it or report them to twitter. Report them to the police? You're worse than the creep doing the harassing.

Incidents like this and the GameStop lunatic do far more harm to the transgender community than nasty tweets could ever do.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
There's a difference hating someone's physical traits and hating their ideas. This isn't to condone threats against anyone, but there's also no hypocrisy in defending transgender rights while criticizing the people who try to destroy transgender rights, like Trump supporters.
So all the people that get on Twitter and make fun of Trump's weight or his hands are just as bad as people misgendering transexuals? Because that's what you're saying. But we know you don't actually mean that. What you mean to say is liberals = good; conservatives = bad.

Sep 26, 2014
Wasn't there some 16 or 17 year old girl in the UK that misgendered someone on Facebook and got community service and 3 months in jail?
I think you are talking about the girl that posted lyrics from a rap song on her instagram for a friend that died earlier that year. The song had the word nigga in it and she was arrested and got community service and a fine for it.

Apr 15, 2018
So all the people that get on Twitter and make fun of Trump's weight or his hands are just as bad as people misgendering transexuals? Because that's what you're saying. But we know you don't actually mean that. What you mean to say is liberals = good; conservatives = bad.
Took the words out of my mouth. The hypocrisy is incredible.:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Between this and the whole girl's only boy scout troop I wonder if there was yet another worse timeline deviation, and what did I do to get stuck in it. Is it still Berenstein bears or is Berenstain now?

Feb 9, 2019
This is what happens when you disarm the populace. Cops come to my door to arrest me for offending some tranny on the internet, my front yard will be filled with dead cops.

Dec 12, 2013
This is what happens when you disarm the populace. Cops come to my door to arrest me for offending some tranny on the internet, my front yard will be filled with dead cops.

Yeah, mocking the police for not doing their job properly is one thing, wanting to shoot them dead if they come to your door is another. Also no need to use insulting language.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Before we go mass liking this post, can @HyGogg provide a source to back up his claim that it was a targeted harassment campaign? Seems more likely to me that it was just an acute case of toxic masculinity.

Dec 11, 2018
You are completely out of your vulcan mind if you are defending the UK's policing of what people post to the internet. Posts of anything less than threats of physical harm should never result in arrests.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2016
Before we go mass liking this post, can @HyGogg provide a source to back up his claim that it was a targeted harassment campaign? Seems more likely to me that it was just an acute case of toxic masculinity.
The article itself says that court papers reference a "campaign of targeted harassment" consisting of motivated by her transgender status, as well as the fact that she had created multiple accounts to do it.

The characterization that she was arrested simply for misgendering or disgagreeing comes directly from the woman being arrested herself and no one else. I'm not claiming to know exactly what was said, but I do know you have to be a fucking idiot to just take this woman's word at face value on this. She's clearly a nutjob who was obsessed with bothering this person at the very least.