• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motomu Toriyama hints at a new Final Fantasy XIII in Ultimania Omega

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
medium_champagne_pop_1136067689.jpg

http://squareportal.wordpress.com/2...nt-of-final-fantasy-xiii-3-is-happening-soon/

The Announcement of Final Fantasy XIII-3 Is Happening Soon?

According to the Famitsu interview when they asked “Is there something Final Fantasy XIII related in the works at the moment?” Motomu Toriyama has commented that we may soon discover the meaning behind the secret ending of Lightning DLC which was released in last May.

In few interviews Kitase has commented that they want development cycles like Call of Duty series. Also a lot of original Final Fantasy XIII staff wasn’t credited for Final Fantasy XIII-2. This makes us wonder: Has another team been working on XIII-3 when other has been doing XIII-2?

Perfo

TGS I reckon.

There's a Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event at the end of August in Japan, that could be the moment. Afterall, TGS is for Versus XIII this year (right? T.T).

edit. lol, just made this inspired by the latest news ahah

SPOILER

immagine11zt.png

There's a Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event at the end of August in Japan, that could be the moment. Afterall, TGS is for Versus XIII this year (right? T.T).

immagine11zt.png

Very appropriate...

Toriyama seems intent on alienating their original fanbase, in search of a new mythical market...

Carbonox

Hmm, that event would be ideal too I guess. Either way, that or TGS, I want my XIII-2 Ultimate Edition complete with all DLC. :p

Rapstah

Is that a pretty major XIII-2 spoiler? I'm wondering how obvious it is that that will happen to someone who hasn't played the game.

Edit: referring to the picture above.

jimmypython

immagine11zt.png

A bit mistranslation there. The original question is "Will there be any FF13 related content at the FF25th anniversary event?"

So yeah, August...

Roubjon

immagine11zt.png

Thanks for the spoiler, man. I'm not one to go apeshit over stuff like this, but it's still pretty annoying.

Perfo

Thanks for the spoiler, man. I'm not one to go apeshit over stuff like this, but it's still pretty annoying.

It's a topic about XIII-3, one would think everyone entering here already knows everything about XIII-2. Sorry btw -.-'

eXistor

XIII-2 was a lot better than XIII, but come on, enough is enough. I'm not sure I want to spend more time with these this moronic cast of characters in their charmless world and convoluted dungeons. Rename Versus to XV already and release that instead.

RPGCrazied

Not all that excited for XIII-3. They could have easily done a DLC ending and just move on from the XIII universe. I really think they should devote their time with versus or another project.

Hmm...I would be happy with a XIII-3 if it didn't have the following:

- Time travel
- 2 character party
- Silly music

Let's have a 6 character party again that I choose the members I want and let's have a storyline that isn't silly and doesn't include time travel. If the story was more serious this time (which let's face it, it would probably have to be) and we had the new Hope, Sazh, Lightning, Noel, Snow (ugh) and a new character as party members, I think I could enjoy it.

XIII-2 fixed some things, especially the battle system (though not the Crystarium in my opinion) but I thought the storyline, 2 character party and the sillyness brought it all down. I much prefer XIII itself for the experience and storyline, even if it wasn't really told well.

Though let's not forget about Versus XIII SE. I'd like to see that as well at some point...please?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
For someone who badly wants to play Versus and has been waiting for a longtime, I guess there's nothing they can do than wait more :\ wait, wait and wait.

But I kinda liked FFXIII-2, so looking forward to this. *tries to convince self*

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If Versus is still named Versus XIII after the third part in a fucking series of XIII games, I will be amazed.

Square are going to have to make the most fucking fantastic FFXV to wipe this shit generation out of people's memories and reinvigorate the brand.

Mario007

Make it a proper FF game, with full cast and travelling across the world and mainly Noel as the main character and Caius as the main villain again (!!!).

I kinda hope this will be a downloadable exansion though, since people would go apeshit if it does release before Versus and I honestly have no energy in arguing with people about Square's quality of output in every SE related thread.

Make it a proper FF game, with full cast and travelling across the world and mainly Noel as the main character and Caius as the main villain again (!!!).

I kinda hope this will be a downloadable exansion though, since people would go apeshit if it does release before Versus and I honestly have no energy in arguing with people about Square's quality of output in every SE related thread.
We're already two titles past that.

And they may as well hold VS for next gen. XIII-3 is no doubt coming out before it.

Mario007

It was, friend.

Thirded. Loved the ending.

I'm also hoping for a full human party this time around... the monster thing was okay for one game, but once was enough for that

yeah it was great to see the consequences finally catching with them (
i.e. Serah's death which I hope they won't reverse
) and them downplaying Caius' words which actually came true.

We're already two titles past that.

XIII-2 would have been a proper FF title if it had a longer story with more characters and polish.

Even XIII was actually a proper FF minus the ending.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I want an FF13-3 just so I can have an ending, they could have left it at FF13 and not had a cliff hanger, but noooo

Perfo

I can also confirm this ( ._.)

Does this mean we'll get it by spring 2013? Square Enix is really managing to develop and release AAA titles at top speed, gotta love them for this. Perhaps the develop of it started way before XIII-2's one ended.

Muramasa

I am so curious about FF13-3. I thought the plot of ff13-2 was even worse then ff13. Happy to see what madness they use in ff13-3.

Surprised that XIII-3 news will be coming so soon. I am okay with this. Almost done with Platinuming XIII-2, and it's fantastic. The sooner I have another GotY candidate, the better.

Top Bottom