• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsport Manager (PC/Mac/Linux) |OT| "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!"

DBT85

New parts may end up that way initially, but they usually have a better max performance rating than the previous part even if the current base state for the new part is less than the rating of the current part.

Oh yeah I've seen that a few times. But no, the part the tutorial made me make was worse even at max than my original was at base. Never mind.

Hope the game gets plenty of buys and continued support and expansion. Already seen the 2015 name patch. Looking forward to more!

Amazing this has come out but GPRM is basically dead after like 14 years waiting!

Lach

Tried to start a season at Predator but god this is just too depressing.
For the third race I was able to get one of the cars good enough to kinda fight for more than 19th place, but I don't think I could achieve 8th in the championship (which what I chosen in the beginning of the season), and would ultitmately lose my job at the end of the season.

I would love to do a zero to hero playthrough, but Predator is really painful.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh yeah I've seen that a few times. But no, the part the tutorial made me make was worse even at max than my original was at base.

Ah, I wasn't aware. I didn't do the tutorial, heh.

I'm guessing your designer has an effect as well of course - it's possible you just get a particularly bad result that time. Subsequent attempts for that same part category should generally get better though.

DBT85

Ah, I wasn't aware. I didn't do the tutorial, heh.

I'm guessing your designer has an effect as well of course - it's possible you just get a particularly bad result that time. Subsequent attempts for that same part category should generally get better though.

Yeh I think the designer I had was weak on that part hence the result being worse than the part I already had, but since it was the part the tutorial picked I just went with it.

No longer having to repair the cars during the race which is nice, sitting 6th in the Constructors and expected to get 8th after 6 of 10 rounds.

Another thing from the tutorial was that one of my drviers seemed to have typres at 30% far too early, and that he had parts that needed fixing because tutorial, so I ended up with less points than ideal. Also it was raining so I tried to go to inters later than everyone else, Still working on that side of it.

Putting the max aside for next seasons car though so hopefully that'll help.

Bit weird that when you make a part you only get one of it and can't seem to make a second clone for less than a brand new part.

Fun though, 8 hours deep after only starting last night.

neshcom

Banned
Bit weird that when you make a part you only get one of it and can't seem to make a second clone for less than a brand new part.

It does seem a shame you can't make an identical part for cheaper/faster. I guess the idea is that you'll want to use the next level of perks?

Shaneus

Is this a pretty deep game? I loved the iOS version, but it was fairly basic and when I finished it, didn't find there was much to come back to.

Also, there are patches/workshop things to add real names and colours to the game?

I'm playing the iOS one and it's not bad..
Made by the same guy. I think the story is that Sega approached him to make a fleshed out game, using some of the staff (or ideas or something) from the team that worked on the Football Manager games.

DBT85

Workshop support is coming.

Thus far there is a patch you can download that will add in real names, logos etc from 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpHGbbVHZiY

Work is ongoing.

I can deffo feel a football manager vibe to some of the UI.

Now somehow 4th in the constructors after 7 of 10 rounds. Did get caught using cheaty brakes in the last race tho and it cost me £100,000 and 2 places.

ALso just had a message reading

"Predator Racing Group will never hold a candle to Predator Racing Group. Not even in the same league"

lol.

EDIT:

Well at the end of my first season as Archer BMR (which included the tutorial) I've managed to secure 5th in the standings, with my drivers getting 5th and 12th. I also won Manager of the season and managed to net £12m in prize money. My target was just to get 8th in the championship.

Looking forward to my second season, my first new car and having some cash to splash on parts!

Is this a pretty deep game? I loved the iOS version, but it was fairly basic and when I finished it, didn't find there was much to come back to.

Also, there are patches/workshop things to add real names and colours to the game?

Made by the same guy. I think the story is that Sega approached him to make a fleshed out game, using some of the staff (or ideas or something) from the team that worked on the Football Manager games.

Great.. It got repetitive a bit I have to admit..

Can't wait to have a good enough PC to buy the game

DBT85

I'm playing this on my wifes 3 year old £450 laptop. It's really not that demanding. It's got an i3 3217U chip @ 1.8GHz, which has an Intel HD4000, and 8 gb of ram. I've turned off a bunch of the graphical stuff but it still looks OK and plays fine.

Have to say that starting a new season with 45% reliability on all parts feels a bit harsh.

With my first race of season 2 completed I have also noticed that I'm losing 150k per race if I don't hit one of my bonus targets. Bummer.

I'm managing to hit 98%+ on my setup every race now though which is great.

Jerk, if you send me your steam ID I can share the game with you (can't I?) so you can try it.

neshcom

Banned
Have to say that starting a new season with 45% reliability on all parts feels a bit harsh.

With my first race of season 2 completed I have also noticed that I'm losing 150k per race if I don't hit one of my bonus targets. Bummer.
Yeah, starting the new season from 45% is rough, but all the teams deal with that early on, so it's kind of level.
And if you're not able to make budget each race without bonuses, you ought to see how large your payroll is. You might not get a lot of benefit from a better lead designer without making advancements in your HQ.

Great.. It got repetitive a bit I have to admit..

Can't wait to have a good enough PC to buy the game

Surely the Mac has a better cpu than a core 2 duo 2.66ghz? My laptop has this, half the ram, intel 4000 gfx and it can run the game smoothly after fiddling with the graphics settings.

2016 mod ver. 1 should be ready at the weekend:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/2016-mod-wip.128668/

Updated list 30/11:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 177 real drivers.
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment.

WIP:
- Real Team liveries with custom textures
- Team colours
- Few other tweaks

DBT85

Yeah, starting the new season from 45% is rough, but all the teams deal with that early on, so it's kind of level.
And if you're not able to make budget each race without bonuses, you ought to see how large your payroll is. You might not get a lot of benefit from a better lead designer without making advancements in your HQ.

I can drop my budget for next season if it looks like it'll be a big issue, At the moment it's at max. Also my marketability has risen 15% since my last big switcharoo of sponsorship so the next round should give me a boost too.

I spent my prize winnings from the first season on upgrading the HQ.

EDIT: Just finished race 2 of season 2. Managed 3rd and 5th after rolling the dice on changing to Wets for the last 6 laps when everyone else stayed on the Inters that they'd had on for 7 laps. Really made a huge difference to that driver. He only lost 1 place in the pit stop to change, came out 9th but then being on better tyres managed to claim 3rd with the final lap being about 10 seconds faster than everyone else on track. Wish I'd done it on both obviously as I probably would have got 1st and 3rd, but that's the point of splitting the strategy. First thing that's really made me feel "I DID THAT!".

Also, top tip regarding your sponsorship, obviously check how much you'll get on your deals spread over all the races. A 5 race deal with £1m up front obviously isn't as good as £250k per race over 4 races, or £300k up front and £150k over 3 races. Also, if you have sponsorship slots free, don't sign anyone until the day before the next race, the deals won't expire and it'll get you a few more offers to choose from.

S2 Race 3 - ARGH, cocked up in race 3. Had enough fuel to get me to the incoming rain so when the SC came out I decided against pitting as I'd only have to pit again anyway and at least this way I'd be pitting from 1st and 2nd at the same time as everyone else for Inters. I ended up low on fuel so had to pit from directly behind the SC before the rain came. Managed to salvage 8th and 12th, but should have been better.

S2 Race 4 - Managed 2nd and 15th in race 4 at Pheonix. I was 1 lap short of winning the race. Everyone else 3 stopped using Hards and Mediums while I ran Softs on a 2 stop. The winning team were the ones demoted from the teir above at the end of last season, their fastest lap was 2.5 secs faster than mine so its clear there is still room for improvement!

S2 Race 5 - Despite starting 11th and 18th I managed to snag 4th and 6th in Race 5. Planned to do a 2 stop again on SS, an early SC forced everyone to dive in to the pits and because I needed less fuel to make it to my 2nd stop I seemed to gain an advantage in the stops and jumped a few places.

S2 Race 6 - Saw us start all the way back at 14th and 17th. Things were looking good again until the idiot in charge thought he'd called his lead driver in but hadn't. Fuel hit 0 with half the lap to go so the car limped back. Despite that, the driver salvaged 5th, while the other driver came in a respectable 9th given he had to stop late for a new wing after a backmarker didn;t get the memo.

Team sitting pretty 2nd in the Constructors after 6 of 10 rounds. Top spot is occupied by the team relegated last season.

S2 Race 7 - Woop! My first race win! My drivers started 15th and 18th and managed to climb to 1st and 11th respectively with the former having all the best parts. Won by a nice 20 seconds too. Once again the AI opting for 3 stops and using mediums and softs while I 2 stopped on softs only. Very pleased with myself!

S2 Race 8 - Doh. Rainy race in Portugal. It started damp so I changed one car on slicks to see if it could get a couple of laps of speed but it didn't work. Then later in the race it dried out we were all on slicks. I pitted again for my last stop for more slicks, not noticing that it had already started raining, needing another stop on the next lap for Inters. Since that was one extra stop for both drivers, we ended up just 7th and 10th after starting 16th and 17th. First one was a chance, the second was my mistake. The first driver also had a drive through for causing an accident, and also needed a new rear wing. So 7th after all that wasn't so bad!

Surely the Mac has a better cpu than a core 2 duo 2.66ghz? My laptop has this, half the ram, intel 4000 gfx and it can run the game smoothly after fiddling with the graphics settings.

Still haven't got a confirmation that it can run on my macbook

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

DBT85

Better chip than the laptop I'm using, and the same gpu, though mine has no dedicated ram.

I did offer to share it on steam so you could try it...

Berto

Bought this yesterday. Played for a couple of minutes. 4 hours had passed when I looked to the clock. Such an awesome first impression.

Its a bit too simplistic for now, but I can see this as great first step for future games in the series. Different classes like Le Mans, Nascar and WTCC, hability to create our own team and more options to interact with staff would elevate this to another level.

Anyone aware of already released mods for this?

DBT85

2015 name/logo pack already available, a 2016 one is expected in the next few days iirc.

More stuff will come no doubt once Workshop support appears properly. Would love to see a mid 90s F1.

Looks like adding tracks in might not be possible for a while sadly, but apart form that I'm really looking forward to what the community is going to be able to add to the game with full Workshop support.

Hopefully the game does well enough to get a new one every 2 years with added bits.

My Progress:

Since it looks like I might be able to snag 2nd or 3rd in the constructors (currently 2nd after 8 rounds) I've dropped my savings pot for next year so I can develop a new engine to carry over to next year. The extra prize money from the Constructors plus the pot for next year should mean we can make a decent car and have a decent set of parts to begin with! Hopefully.

S2 Race 9 - I was about 0.1 fuel from taking 1st, as it was I took 2nd. If I'd dropped my fuel consumption less than half a lap earlier I'd have done it. NEver mind. Also took 3rd. Not bad considering a straight race and starting from 16th and 17th.

S2 Race 10 - Championship complete. Uneventful race, only managed a midfield position. Nailed a solid 2nd place in the constructors, got £13.3m in prize money and got Manager of the season again, as well as one of my drivers getting driver of the season.

Pre season
£14.5m spent on next seasons car and I also bagged a new sponsor for 12 races which gave 4m up front. Only £333k a race but it was the best of the 3 offers available, and I'm not sure if those offers will all vanish. Would be nice to do a Ron Dennis and decline some of the offers. So right now sitting at £6.4m in the bank, new car already paid for. Will have to see whether that all goes on parts or maybe on the facilities.

Got to the end of Season 2 with a 238 & 188 brakes, 225 & 183 engine, 207 & 207+ (50 extra on softs, supers, ultras) gearbox, and 244 and 204 suspension. Hopefully those will give me a good footing for the next season with this money to spend as well.

I was offered +1 Fuel Efficiency and +1 Improvability for £1.5m each. Took them both. Told the boss man that we can come 1st, he thought 2nd. Hoping the extra cash can fund the parts we'll need to improve!

Season 3

Race 1 - Race mired with some rain, nothing eventful going on, two midfield finishes.
Race 2 - A storming win by a clear 55 seconds. Managed to 2 stop and only have to repair my suspension. Second car rolled in 13th. Finishing in the top 2 also netted me a £1.4m sponsor bonus!

Have had new parts under construction at all times while also increasing reliability on Engines, Brakes and Gearbox first and foremost to save time during races. Haven't upgraded and facilities, instead spending the money on new parts.

EDIT: The 1.1 hotfix patch which was previously only available as a Beta has now been pushed to the main game so you'll have a 177mb download waiting.

Code:
- Refined blue flag car behaviour
- Cars drive off the racing line in qualifying if on an in/out lap
- Re-enabled 4:3 aspect ratio support
- Intro video now skippable after 2 seconds
- Scrutineering screen crash fix

I'll be keeping a save stacked away just in case it makes a few weird things happen.

31 hours deep so far!

EDIT2: Ther is also a free DLC which is a livery pack, with 12 new liveries in. A small selection
ss_4ed8016605674887eab1109b2d64e325db7bf747.600x338.jpg

ss_d4221fb5f1431f287878c0d8961e8096de3a76c4.600x338.jpg

ss_3042236846f8a7796a26898cd5090757a8996576.600x338.jpg

DD

Uh, oh! I got fired!

Started with Silva Racing in the European league and won the cup on the very first try, as I already said here, thinking this game was kind of easy. Went to the Asian League for the season 2 and finished 5th in the constructors table. Got some nice money for season three and invested on my car, facilities and personal, only to find that unless I was reaching very good finishing positions, I'd be losing money. But I had kind of plenty, so I wasn't that worried. The problem was that I said to my boss that we would finish in 4th this time (well, we finished in 5th last season, and now we're better than last year, right? WRONG.). Four races to go and one of our mechanics was found stealing information from our workshop, so I could fire him, fine him in more than a million $, or I could do nothing. Well, I was getting worried with the money, so I fined him, which pissed my boss. We traveled to Brazil, our home race, and Amanda Cavalcanti (my number 2 driver that is way, WAY better than Eduardo Melo, the number 1 driver) won the race with a very good strategy and saved my ass, putting us in 4th on the table, but my boss wasn't that much impressed, and a no points finish in USA meant that we lost one position on the table, and the boss gave me an ultimatum. We had to finish the Canadian race at least in 5th or else I would be fired. Desperate, I made the team build a new wing and invested in performance, since I needed to move up, but everything went south and I got my ass kicked.

I asked for a job with MRT Valbuena, with one race left on the calendar, so that's where I am currently. The good thing is that I could beat Silva on that race, and my plan is to kick their asses on the next season. With he points I got on this last race I managed to save the team from falling to the European league. I won't touch the top tier unless I'm very well prepared, I'm telling you. =O

My new car looks great in a sexy yellow, btw. :)

DBT85

Ahh sorry you got the sack!

Not sure how this season will play out for me too, I said I'd get 1st place but I don't see it happening right now. The boss isn't as happy as I'd like lol. The last 2 years I was expected 8th (got 5th) and 5th (got 2nd) so I said I could go one better which was probably a mistake.

Not being helped by me #2 driver becoming a failed actor and getting -2 on all his stats. He's also declining every race by between 2 and 10%!

The 2016 mod is well along now http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/2016-mod-wip.128668/

I also went into the thread on steam about removing women from the game because realism. The usual funfest.

My wishlist after now completing 3 seasons.

• Auto pause option on SC coming out. Very easy to be caught out by a SC just because you looked away for 3 seconds at the wrong time.
  • Gaining knowledge during practise currently stops as soon as the clock stops, it should really stop once your final laps are finished.
  • A top down camera with PiP on whichever driver I've picked or major events like crashes.
  • Getting the sack for securing 2nd in the drivers and construtors after telling the boss you could get 1st seems a bit harsh, especially given that in 3 seasons I was expected to get 8th (got 5th), expected 5th (got 2nd) and finally expected 1st (got 2nd).
  • Would be nice to carry over a bit more reliability into the new car
  • Would be nice to be able to pay to design a part and then an additional fee to build one so that you can just build 2 at once.
  • Blue flag situations still need work, you can lose a ton of time behind a lapped car, like 10s a lap.
  • Drivers need a stat for driving in the wet.
  • Need to be able to sign staff and drivers for a future date
  • Despite being a Principal for 3 years with my success mentioned below, when I got a new job a) everyone was saying I have no experience and b) in an interview after the first race I got asked how I felt about my first weekend in the ERS, even though it was my 32nd lol.

My Progress
S3 Race 3 - Nabbed 2nd and 9th after starting 9th and 14th. My last few laps were quite slow, probably due to the suspension being knackered, but it was better to get a 2nd than pit and fix it to get 4th. Importantly, the 2nd place nets me another £1.4m bonus. Sitting 3rd in the WCC 35 points off 1st and 10 points off 2nd.

S3 Race 4 - A huge win for the team. 1st and 6th secured at Pheonix after starting 2nd and 6th. Tyre deg was high so everyone 3 stopped, I 2 stopped and managed to make it round. The reason it's a huge win is that my bonus sponsor was offering 4x reward for finishing in the top 2 at this race, so that's a neat £5.6m bonus. Very handy considering I'm trying to poach a driver to replace my poor 2nd driver (whos fitness alone dropped 278% after that last race!). Also this result helped close the gap to 2nd by 7 points and 1st by 2 points.

S3 Race 5 - 3rd and 9th taken in this race. Before the race I could see that rain was coming around lap 8, so I fueled on that basis, with my car being good on fuel I can get an extra lap if needed. Every dived in to the pits on lap 8 for inters except me, I could see it was only going to get slightly damp and then dry out again. Despite that my laptimes were not fast enough on slicks, so the main contenders had managed to get past me on inters far enough that when they came back in for new slicks again they came out right around me. Rain came in again at the end so I rolled the dice on my underperforming #2 and put inters on, the improved lap times compared to everyone else helped him climb from 11th to 9th despite the pitstop. Seems clear that slicks don't even like a damp track when compared to inters. Despite all that it's helped me get joint 2nd in the constructors, 31 points off Garuda Racing who have the best car on the grid. I only have the 5th.

Also finally started taking notes on setup to speed up the races next season and get more bonuses by having to change setup less.

I've used some money to upgrade the Design building to lvl 2, the factory is already at lvl 3 with Telemetry and Staff centres at lvl 1.

In addition, I signed a new driver which replaced my reserve, and then promoted to #2. That meant I didn't need to pay the £1.7m contract buyout.

S3 Race 6 - A p3 and p13 in Munich, gaining 13 and -5 places respectively. I was hoping another car in front of me would need to pit for fuel but they'd managed to make it last.

S3 Race 7 - A great p1 and p7 for the team, gaining 4 and 12 places each. Most important of all the win will get some confidence back with the chairman.

S3 Race 8 - A poor showing overall, just a 6th and 11th from the drivers in a race that started wet, got wetter, got dry, got wet and then got wetter again, they gained 12 and 4 places. My lead driver did manage to jump from 8th to 6th in the last few corners, cementing a £650k bonus payment which is great. But the boss isn't happy and my job is at risk. We're 2nd, 15th and 19th in the WDC and 3rd in the constructors.

S3 Race 9 - Secured a 4th and 11th, gaining 15 and -1 places and securing another £650k. My second driver got clipped on lap 2 and had to pit for a new rear wing, and then a SC got called on lap 7. My lead driver is only 10 points off 1st in the WDC, but the team is still 5 points off 2nd in the constructors. 2 races to go and I'm woried I might be for the chop! A shame as we've got some new facilities and parts ready to go for next season, as well as lots of money put aside for the new car.

S3 Race 10 -Managed to salvage a 4th and 9th after starting from 5th and 19th. The result could have been better had I not missed the SC coming out with my lead car. It ended up having to pit 2 laps after the SC came in and so the pack was very close together, dropping the driver to 15th, so 6th wasn't so bad in the end. STill only 9 points off the WDC with 1 race to go, and 2 points off 2nd in the WCC.

I've been informed by the boss that if I don't finish 3rd then I'm out the door. No easy feat in a formula with no qualifying. I hope I can manage it and keep the job.

We've got 356 and 331 Brakes, 378 and 338 Engines, 435 and 365 Gearboxes and 405 and 350 Suspension all going to carry over to next season. Would be a shame to lose all that great progress.

S3 Race 11 - I needd to get 3rd to save my job, but was just 3.2 seconds away from managing it. I managed 5th and 7th gaining 4 and 9 positions after demotions were completed for illegal parts. Sadly it wasn't anyone ahead of my lead driver! Mustafa El Sadat managed to secure a respectable 2nd in the drivers champtionship while the team secured a second successive 2nd place in the Constructors, year YoY profits were up, the car improved more than ever (over 200 points on several items). Sadly that shan't be enough. I told the boss we could take Archer BMR to the top, and since I've only got 2nd in both championships I've been fired. Seems a little harsh, but then compared to the Ferrari staff turnover, probably not so much.

My player stas currently sit at Race Management 12, Financial 9, Loyalty 9. In 3 seasons and 31 races I managed 13 podiums and 3 race wins.

A new and exciting chapter begins at Eastwood Motorsport, who just finished 3rd in the ERS.

We have the best car, best HQ, 6th best drivers and staff, 9th sponsorship and the boss only wants me to get to 3rd. I actually think I can win this.

EDIT: Realised my posts are getting huge and since nobody else is replying its looking more like a blog than a thread. I'll sh'up!

DBT85

Maybe not. Like Football Manager for licences they don't have, they'll probably be taken down.

Ah yeah I suppose that's possible. In that case it'll just be like the facepacks and logo packs that you have to just download if you want them.

Just hope the game gets continued support, I'm loving it.

Berto

My career so far has been almost perfect really. I choose Vexala and they already had a nice car, to the point that with no experience I got a 2nd and 3rd place in the first race.

I managed to get a few more podiums until my first win at the 4th race, since then my 1#driver, Antonov did a 4 consecutive win streak which is amazing! We are now leading both championships with 3 races to go.

I'm now in a dilemma, should I upgrade to tier 2, or should I spend another year on Tier 3 upgrading my facilities...

DBT85

My career so far has been almost perfect really. I choose Vexala and they already had a nice car, to the point that with no experience I got a 2nd and 3rd place in the first race.

I managed to get a few more podiums until my first win at the 4th race, since then my 1#driver, Antonov did a 4 consecutive win streak which is amazing! We are now leading both championships with 3 races to go.

I'm now in a dilemma, should I upgrade to tier 2, or should I spend another year on Tier 3 upgrading my facilities...
What did you decide?

I'm 1 race from the end of season 4 and will likely win unless I have the worst race of the year (and I've had a couple of stinkers all caused by my own inattention lol).

The team's probably ready, but because of one of my drivers being media shy our sponsorship is crap right now with only 1 star clients when it should be 3, and also we have good facilities but only a lvl 2 factory, and that can't keep up with new parts in the ERS where I'm already ahead, if I move up I'll need better.

Think I might wait another year to get the factory done and get a new driver. Shame as the guy I have causing the issue is going to win the championship!

Don't forget, any designed part that has risk at the end of a season will have it removed for the next. So with 4 races to go I started making some very risky parts to the improve and just sit in the garage and use next season.

DD

I made a huge mistake. This will be the last season where the prize is split based on performance. I was second with MRT Valbuena, and trying to help my number 2 driver to improve, I gave her our best parts. She did terribly, and now I lost the second place on the team standings, with just one race to try to get it back. For the next season the prize with be the same for everyone. D:

Anyway, how do I help my drivers to reach their full potential? I have a 2 star second driver that is a 4 star potential, and my main driver is a 3,something star with no potential to improvement.

My wishlist after now completing 3 seasons.

• Auto pause option on SC coming out. Very easy to be caught out by a SC just because you looked away for 3 seconds at the wrong time.
  • Gaining knowledge during practise currently stops as soon as the clock stops, it should really stop once your final laps are finished.
  • A top down camera with PiP on whichever driver I've picked or major events like crashes.
  • Getting the sack for securing 2nd in the drivers and construtors after telling the boss you could get 1st seems a bit harsh, especially given that in 3 seasons I was expected to get 8th (got 5th), expected 5th (got 2nd) and finally expected 1st (got 2nd).
  • Would be nice to carry over a bit more reliability into the new car
  • Would be nice to be able to pay to design a part and then an additional fee to build one so that you can just build 2 at once.
  • Blue flag situations still need work, you can lose a ton of time behind a lapped car, like 10s a lap.
  • Drivers need a stat for driving in the wet.
  • Need to be able to sign staff and drivers for a future date
  • Despite being a Principal for 3 years with my success mentioned below, when I got a new job a) everyone was saying I have no experience and b) in an interview after the first race I got asked how I felt about my first weekend in the ERS, even though it was my 32nd lol.

I agree with everything here. :3

Anyway, I don't think the upgrades you make in a car carry to the next season.

DBT85

I made a huge mistake. This will be the last season where the prize is split based on performance. I was second with MRT Valbuena, and trying to help my number 2 driver to improve, I gave her our best parts. She did terribly, and now I lost the second place on the team standings, with just one race to try to get it back. For the next season the prize with be the same for everyone. D:

Anyway, how do I help my drivers to reach their full potential? I have a 2 star second driver that is a 4 star potential, and my main driver is a 3,something star with no potential to improvement.

I agree with everything here. :3

Anyway, I don't think the upgrades you make in a car carry to the next season.

I think to improve drivers skill you need to have facilities that help and they need to be racing. Not sure a reserve driver will improve if its not being used.

As for upgrades, your best 2 parts of each type get carried over to next season, any special attributes or risk gets removed. So if you have an engine with "+50 during a race" you don't get that stat. So the idea is to try and improve the performance of each part to carry over. If you can develop a really good aprt that's got risk, even better, as you don;t have to run it and risk getting caught, you just improve the performance as much as you can and next season you have a shiny new part to use.

I ended up winning the ERS, helped in part by the AI going full potato in the final race. It was already raining and the SC came out, for some reason the AI then made stop after stop on every car. Since the rain was going to die off in about 5 laps, I stayed on the worn wets I had to take 1&2 under the SC and then stopped for inters when needed. See the screenshot to see what I mean!

Still not decided what to do as regards promotion yet.

Also I got a bugged question after the race, asking if being happy with 1st was a sign of lack of ambition lol.

DD

I think to improve drivers skill you need to have facilities that help and they need to be racing. Not sure a reserve driver will improve if its not being used.
Makes sense. The problem is that facilities not only cost a lot of money, but they also cost a few grands at each race.

Now about the reserve driver, the one I had with Silva was improving, even if I wasn't using him. But the one I have now is not only terrible, but gets worse after each race, lol.

As for upgrades, your best 2 parts of each type get carried over to next season, any special attributes or risk gets removed. So if you have an engine with "+50 during a race" you don't get that stat. So the idea is to try and improve the performance of each part to carry over. If you can develop a really good aprt that's got risk, even better, as you don;t have to run it and risk getting caught, you just improve the performance as much as you can and next season you have a shiny new part to use.
Really? That's cool!

Still not decided what to do as regards promotion yet.
I wouldn't recommend if you're not on top of your game on the ERL.

Also I got a bugged question after the race, asking if being happy with 1st was a sign of lack of ambition lol.
LOL!

DBT85

Opted to stay in the ERS for one more year. The prize money was spent on a lvl 3 factory and an upgrade to the gearbox facility.

Oddly despite saving the max every race for the new car, I only had about 10m in the pot and this season the monthly saving is even lower!

Car designed though and its the best in the field in all areas. Maybe I can save money on upgrades to parts this season to put toward the car next season.

I won the ERS fairly handily, no matter where I started I finished 1st or 2nd, several 1-2s or 1-3s out of the 12 races. There were a couple of instances of me fucking up (forgetting to change tyres, forgetting to reduce fuel load after an 80% tank was brought in for the new season)and I still got 4th or 5th. Though after seeing how the AI was in that last race, I don't feel as special!

This is now my 5th season in the ERS, hopefully I win again and I'll make the jump up!

DD

I'm currently with the best car and sponsors, one of the best factories, but I'm struggling with personal.My mechanics and engineer aren't that great, but are not awful. My pair of drivers, tho, is the second worst of the field, and I can't find anyone better. So I started constructing that building specialized in finding new talents. And since I had some money to spend, I also made a test track to improve my drivers overtaking abilities. :p

EDIT

And oh, a little hint: don't make the same mistake I did. My main driver is bad at overtaking. She was second at the standings, which means that with the inverted grid, she was always starting at the back of the grid. Then we went to Phoenix, the oval circuit, and I decided to try a different strategy. Instead of putting the softer tires and low fuel to be fast and try to overtake everyone ahead, I decided to put the hard tires and a full tank. The idea was that she would be left behind, but then I would regain ground having to refuel less latter on, as she also wouldn't waste time fighting for positions at the middle of the field. The problem is that the oval circuit means a short and very fast lap, so it didn't took long when my driver started receiving blue flags, and oh my God, the blue flag implementation is bad. My poor driver had to almost park to let everyone pass her by, and as a consequence, I lost a fuckton of time and stayed very far from the points. You don't wanna do that.

DBT85

Yeah blue flags are bad at the moment, for both the person lapping and the person being lapped!

Also don't forget though that it may not be beneficial running a full tank anyway because every lap of fuel adds weight which adds time to every lap you complete.

I don;t really know what its like to have inverted grids, as in my first season it was voted to just have random grids and its been like it ever since!

I did my first race of my new season, got 1st and 3rd and that included bringing in both cars to repair engine, gearbox and brakes on one, and engine, gearbox, brakes and suspension on the other. I was ahead by 39 seconds lol.

Think I can safely halt my in season upgrades and put the money toward the facilities and next year's car.

DD

Yeah blue flags are bad at the moment, for both the person lapping and the person being lapped!

Also don't forget though that it may not be beneficial running a full tank anyway because every lap of fuel adds weight which adds time to every lap you complete.

I don;t really know what its like to have inverted grids, as in my first season it was voted to just have random grids and its been like it ever since!

I did my first race of my new season, got 1st and 3rd and that included bringing in both cars to repair engine, gearbox and brakes on one, and engine, gearbox, brakes and suspension on the other. I was ahead by 39 seconds lol.

Think I can safely halt my in season upgrades and put the money toward the facilities and next year's car.

Yeah, I know that the car goes slower, but on the other hand, I wouldn't waste much time refueling.

And, oh, get ready for the Asian league. Only the top 6 get points.

Berto

I went straight to Tier 2 after winning both constructor and driver championships on Tier 3.

At first I thought it was a mistake, my performance on race 1 was abysmal with both cars retiring due to reliability (although my #1 driver did it while in 4th). However, on the second race things went a lot better, he finished in an awesome 2nd place, however most of it was due to changeable weather conditions and retirements from several cars on the last laps, still he had a decent performance.

I have several new parts coming, i'm now improving their reliability and performance, so I hope in a few races the car will be legitimately fast.

I'm loving this game, however the blue flag system must be improved, fast. Everytime one of my cars gets involved in a blue flag situation, their pace drops like A LOT.

DBT85

Yeah, I know that the car goes slower, but on the other hand, I wouldn't waste much time refueling.

And, oh, get ready for the Asian league. Only the top 6 get points.

Ah yeah, but if 1 lap of fuel costs you 1/10th of a second a lap, then carrying say 30 is costing you 3s a lap. only takes like 11 or 12 laps and you're a pit stop duration behind already.

I went straight to Tier 2 after winning both constructor and driver championships on Tier 3.

At first I thought it was a mistake, my performance on race 1 was abysmal with both cars retiring due to reliability (although my #1 driver did it while in 4th). However, on the second race things went a lot better, he finished in an awesome 2nd place, however most of it was due to changeable weather conditions and retirements from several cars on the last laps, still he had a decent performance.

I have several new parts coming, i'm now improving their reliability and performance, so I hope in a few races the car will be legitimately fast.

I'm loving this game, however the blue flag system must be improved, fast. Everytime one of my cars gets involved in a blue flag situation, their pace drops like A LOT.

Yeah, I was very tempted to make the step up to the Asian League but with my Factory only being lvl 2 I felt it wouldn't be able to keep up with part development as it was struggling in the ERS. With the money from that win and my realisation I don't really need to spant money on upgrades this season, I can develop my facilities and be really ready to hit the next tier!

Also I need to shift a drivers who is dragging down my marketability by 30 points. Sadly he's the better driver on the team so I need him for this season.

cilonen

I had a really bizarre offseason as Kitano Sport. Got to the end of the season and the Lewis Hamilton character (Chapman) decides he wants out of Steinmann and signs with the Scuderia. Wexler (Vettel) jumps ship to Windsor and Scuderia sign another three garbage tier three star drivers. Then, two weeks before winter testing Chapman becomes unemployed and Saarinen (Raikkonen) has gone off to race in the Asia Cup leaving Scuderia with the three garbage tier drivers.

It makes no sense at all.

neshcom

Banned
Going into my third season on EMS and I definitely overdid it on the car and building a test track. S2 we finished #1 and I think we can do well again, but we're $3MM in the red and it's making spending money on new parts hard to justify to the board. Thankfully we're making money each race, but it's a tough spot after making the decision to stay in EMS to build up the HQ.

Also I definitely didn't get any parts making the jump between seasons and that's some bullshit. Do I have to do something specific?

DBT85

I had a really bizarre offseason as Kitano Sport. Got to the end of the season and the Lewis Hamilton character (Chapman) decides he wants out of Steinmann and signs with the Scuderia. Wexler (Vettel) jumps ship to Windsor and Scuderia sign another three garbage tier three star drivers. Then, two weeks before winter testing Chapman becomes unemployed and Saarinen (Raikkonen) has gone off to race in the Asia Cup leaving Scuderia with the three garbage tier drivers.

It makes no sense at all.

This sounds very realistic. itsaferrari.gif

Going into my third season on EMS and I definitely overdid it on the car and building a test track. S2 we finished #1 and I think we can do well again, but we're $3MM in the red and it's making spending money on new parts hard to justify to the board. Thankfully we're making money each race, but it's a tough spot after making the decision to stay in EMS to build up the HQ.

Also I definitely didn't get any parts making the jump between seasons and that's some bullshit. Do I have to do something specific?

After winning my ERS season I opted to stay in it. My next car was already the best in the field so I've not been spending any money on new parts and putting it all toward facilities for the jump up. Had 7 wins from 8 races this season and am 63 points clear in the constructors and 24 points clear in the drivers.

You don't need to do anything specific to your parts to get them to carry over, it just takes the 2 best parts of each type and takes them to the next car afaik, certainly seemed that way to me. It removed any risk that parts have, and I don't think it carried special attributes like "+50 during a race". The last 5 races of last season I just pent trying to get the best performance on each part possible. Races 4-6 I just spent making new high risk parts to carry over.

Berto

A small update.

It is now clear that I made a mistake by not upgrading my factory (instead I built a staff center -.-), I desperately need the additional slots to improve my parts, 2 for each performance and reliability is definitely not enough.

My 3rd race in GP2 was a complete disgrace. No pace at all and terrible reliability, both cars broke down in the last third of the race nowhere near the points. To make things worse my new brakes where banned, I didn't notice that they were illegal when I built them lol.

Fortunately, similarly to what happened on the 2nd race where we managed a 2nd place, on the 4th race in Canada we had changeable weather conditions. My #1 Driver really excels on those conditions and he got a great 3rd place and fastest lap! We are keeping 4th place in both championships for now, making money in each race while saving money for next years car which is incredible! However I feel that we are only competitive in the rain, at least for now.

cilonen

This sounds very realistic. itsaferrari.gif

4 races in and no-one's picked him up so it's looking like the best driver in the series is sitting out the year and I don't have to race him this season!

On the plus side I got my scouting centre to level 3 and discovered Chiaki Hashimoto who, by her stats and performances so far, is probably going to rival Schumacher's records for world championships.

DBT85

4 races in and no-one's picked him up so it's looking like the best driver in the series is sitting out the year and I don't have to race him this season!

On the plus side I got my scouting centre to level 3 and discovered Chiaki Hashimoto who, by her stats and performances so far, is probably going to rival Schumacher's records for world championships.

Ahh neat.

I'm getting great results in the ERS with Max Porter. He has 19 overtaking so just glides past people. Very often starting at the back and still getting wins. The only negative (and its a biggie) is that he's got -30 marketability so getting sponsors can be a pain. If he wins the title though he gets boosts that largly wipe it out which has been useful for my second season in the ERS with the team. No idea how well he'll cope in the Asian league.

More importantly, someone has posted some changes to one of the games files to help fix/minimise/correct the blue flag behaviour until it gets fixed properly.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/415200/discussions/0/1842367319517081934/

At the moment it looks like the current games default behaviour is to start any blue flag behaviour when the lapping car is 3s away, he's changed that to 0.5s away. This now matches the gap at which overtaking behaviour is enabled.

He's also corrected the slowdown you get when being lapped or lapping, the game is set to drop to 0.75, I believe he's now changed it to 1.

He's also closed the gap for how close a car can drive behind another, and drastically lowered the tyre deg from locking up from 10-25% to 1-5%.

Also the game is set to drop to 0.90 speed when you lock up, costing lots of time, he's changed that to 1, though says a random number would be better as obviously not all lockups are equal.

Not had a chance to try it yet.

DD

No idea how well he'll cope in the Asian league.
How many stars does he have?

Once you move up, make sure you have a driver that has at least a 3~3,5 stars. 4 stars is ideal, but they're expensive. But trust me, even a half star difference has a big impact. 3 is kind of mid/low, 3,5 will get you some wins from time to time if you have the car for that, and a 4 star will be a good driver.

Berto

More importantly, someone has posted some changes to one of the games files to help fix/minimise/correct the blue flag behaviour until it gets fixed properly.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/415200/discussions/0/1842367319517081934/

At the moment it looks like the current games default behaviour is to start any blue flag behaviour when the lapping car is 3s away, he's changed that to 0.5s away. This now matches the gap at which overtaking behaviour is enabled.

He's also corrected the slowdown you get when being lapped or lapping, the game is set to drop to 0.75, I believe he's now changed it to 1.

He's also closed the gap for how close a car can drive behind another, and drastically lowered the tyre deg from locking up from 10-25% to 1-5%.

Also the game is set to drop to 0.90 speed when you lock up, costing lots of time, he's changed that to 1, though says a random number would be better as obviously not all lockups are equal.

Not had a chance to try it yet.
Thats a game changer if it works. I lost so many time and places due to blue flags, so frustrating. I'm at a point that i've been planning my strategies and pit stops around this problem. Sometimes I pit early just to avoid a train of lapped cars in the next lap messing up my original strategy.

DBT85

How many stars does he have?

Once you move up, make sure you have a driver that has at least a 3~3,5 stars. 4 stars is ideal, but they're expensive. But trust me, even a half star difference has a big impact. 3 is kind of mid/low, 3,5 will get you some wins from time to time if you have the car for that, and a 4 star will be a good driver.

3.2 ish. Kept him on for another 2 years and replaced Sabado with Pinho, a 4.1 star. After taking my team to a Mercedes style dominance in my second season in the ERS with Eastwood Motorsport, we've taken the upgrade to move up a league. I have the 5th best drivers apparently, 9th best car, 2nd HQ, 3rd Staff, and 10th sponsors!

In 2019 I managed 8 wins and 18 podiums out of 12 races, in 2020 I managed 12 wins and 22 podiums from 13 races. In 2020 I made no upgrades to the car at all, it was that good at the end of 2019 that I didn't need to. All that money was put toward facilities.

Of course with the step up to the new league comes higher initial car building costs so were not great there, but we've got good improvability at least. We use Spec engines in this league so that's one big expense I don;t have to worry about. Sad they are lower performance that the ones I had in the ERS!

MAnaged to secure 4th and 7th on the grid for the first race and then follow that up with a win and 13th. Some valuable points for the team!

Thats a game changer if it works. I lost so many time and places due to blue flags, so frustrating. I'm at a point that i've been planning my strategies and pit stops around this problem. Sometimes I pit early just to avoid a train of lapped cars in the next lap messing up my original strategy.

Yep, some people have been using it and are enjoying the changes.

AtlAntA

Yeah sometimes it feels like I am racing against the mechanics of the game instead of racing an actual race.

DD

A 3.2 can give you solid points if you have the car. I actually won a drivers championship with a 3.2ish star driver, but she won just one race that season with the best car of the grid, lol. Now I hired a young 4 star French girl to be my nº1 driver. She's not on the original list. I've found her after building that thing on the factory specialized in finding drivers out of the main circuit.

Berto

So, I managed to end my first GP2 season in 4th place in the constructors with one win and 3 podiums, not bad. However after designing my car for the 2nd season it aparently is the worst car at the start of the season? I choose all the better available parts when designing it. Is it possible to start with a good fresh new car?

DBT85

So, I managed to end my first GP2 season in 4th place in the constructors with one win and 3 podiums, not bad. However after designing my car for the 2nd season it aparently is the worst car at the start of the season? I choose all the better available parts when designing it. Is it possible to start with a good fresh new car?

The car ranking I think is only based on the parts you have available and not on how much you spent to design it. That design money I think only determines how good it is on tyres, fuel and how well it can improve.

If you take a look at your best 2 parts at the end of every season, they should carry over to the start of the next season (unless you've been promoted/relegated). So the best way of starting with a great car is to have a great car at the end of the previous year, just like real F1.

I spend the last 4-5 races exclusively building parts with risk attached and improving them as much as possible. Don;t use them in case they get banned. Then when the new season starts those parts are now your base part and have no risk on them.

Berto

The car ranking I think is only based on the parts you have available and not on how much you spent to design it. That design money I think only determines how good it is on tyres, fuel and how well it can improve.

If you take a look at your best 2 parts at the end of every season, they should carry over to the start of the next season (unless you've been promoted/relegated). So the best way of starting with a great car is to have a great car at the end of the previous year, just like real F1.

I spend the last 4-5 races exclusively building parts with risk attached and improving them as much as possible. Don;t use them in case they get banned. Then when the new season starts those parts are now your base part and have no risk on them.
Ah, good to know and makes sense. I stopped improving the car and was saving money in the last quarter of last season when it was obvious I wasn't getting 3rd in the championship.

DBT85

Ah, good to know and makes sense. I stopped improving the car and was saving money in the last quarter of last season when it was obvious I wasn't getting 3rd in the championship.

Yeah, keep building new parts as good as you can, but only if you're going to be able to improve them all the way before the end of the season. Easier to do with brakes and suspension because they are cheap and don't take long.

Top Bottom