• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

TJP

Great race, hell of a last lap. Pressure got to Rossi in the end and I wonder if anything is made of Vinales running off track a lap earlier (my bet is yes). Amazing efforts by second and third place. Lovely words for Hayden by Dani too.

Laughing at the endless horseshit Nick Harris sprouts as each lap passes.

MotoGP Reddit is hilarious to read as is Currently; I never realised so many people are mentally unstable.

Mastah

Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ 11m11 minutes ago

BREAKING: World Superbike Championship rider and 2006 MotoGP champion Nicky Hayden has died following a cycling accident in Italy

Goodbye, Nicky :( I was so happy to see him winning again in Malaysia last year after 10 year break and now he's gone. Eh...

Pterion

I still remember watching him win the AMA and MotoGP championships. He was my favorite rider during his MotoGP years. Absolutely terrible. RIP.

TJP

Terrible news.

Condolences to the Hayden family, friends and fans. Nicky's World Championship divided the fans back in the day; we can come together to celebrate his life.

TJP

Double
Dovi!

There's something about
Dovi
winning that just makes me happy. One
or two
for the good guys.
Yep & he is a quiet acheiver that a few seasons ago was in line to lose his ride!

Little Italian factory
ahowing the way to win. Absolute horror for the factory
tuning fork branded
bikes.

Loris146

The King is back.

tumblr_ne9xt6kn4E1r5chspo1_400.gif

TJP

Rossi's first win in over a year; it was a great ride and good choice of rear tyre as Rossi was the only one of the top 4 on a hard rear tyre.

At the moment, it seems no one wants to win the 2017 championship :)

TJP

The ring master does it again in Germany! Great ride by the second place rider Folger and a lonely third place for Dani after some close racing in the opening laps.

2cd09acd224db6c0686be185b6f086f7

Absolute shocker for Ducati this round.

Business

I can get my head around how outrageously bad everyone else strategy is. Maq pits and is 10 seconds no less faster than the rest, and the others stay in one lap after the other. Amateur hour, we had a race here.

caramac

I can get my head around how outrageously bad everyone else strategy is. Maq pits and is 10 seconds no less faster than the rest, and the others stay in one lap after the other. Amateur hour, we had a race here.

Its beyond belief, it really is. Feel for the folks that have paid good money to be there.

I don't understand why Ducati prepared their second bikes for more wet weather when it was nearly dry at the start and the weather looked to be improving. It' spretty simple, it's barely wet, you are on wet bikes, you prepare for the other state. You don't double down.

Jezbollah

Its basically because Marquez had bigger balls and had confidence to come in earlier and ride better on the slicks in conditions dryer than others pitted.

Business

Last year you could at least say the rider might not have seen the pit board but this year they can inform the rider with a message on the bike's display, so there's not even that sorry excuse.

The track was not a bit quicker on slicks, it was massively quicker. As the first guy on slicks clocked the first split everyone and their mother should have been pitting on that next lap, yet we had guys waiting 3 laps more, 30 seconds. Marquez reached the leaders after 3 laps having had basically a free pit stop, and Zarco still stayed! and Ok you can say he can afford a gamble, but the official Yamaha and Ducati guys? They might as well stay home.

TJP

Rossi recently admitted he has NFI when to pit in flag to flag races...Ducati called Lorenzo in too early and everyone else fumbled around except HRC.

I enjoyed the race; marc marquez and HRC made a gamble which at first backfired and utimately fixing the issue by pitting early and having a bike set up for dry conditions won them the race. If anything changed, Marc and HRC would have looked like fools...when you get it all right, you look like a hero.

The only issue for me was listening to Nick Harris declare a race winner every 3 seconds in the early laps and then crap on about did Marc outfox his rivals by slowing down before pitting.

Summation of the weekend: https://motomatters.com/analysis/2017/08/07/2017_brno_motogp_sunday_round_up_the.html#comments

Top Bottom