• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift |OT|

GodofWine

Schmitty07 said:
Am I the only one that finds it incredibly hard to control the vehicles in this game? I feel like it's a struggle to take turns. I can't seem to get used to it.

Just remember you are driving at break-neck speeds on mud / slime / dust / sand / water

Don't expect to corner well, turn in early and hang on.

crispyben

I just finished the Speed Weekend, took me about 8 to 10 hours... It was fun, at least I didn't have to deal with a Monster Truck crushing me at every turn :lol

quetz67

Banned
crispyben said:
I just finished the Speed Weekend, took me about 8 to 10 hours... It was fun, at least I didn't have to deal with a Monster Truck crushing me at every turn :lol
the new speed tracks are nice, but a lot too easy. there were speed events in rank 4 in the festival that were harder

Did anyone else had this strange bug:

The ingame-trophy list says I have all trophies of the normal game, it kinda counted wrong at some point and after getting one trophy (which the game thought was the last), I received the Platinum-Microbadge and the the ingame-rewards for that (extra-video and the Atlas Earthquake monster truck - which is nice because I would have never get it otherwise :D ).

I did NOT get the actual platinum trophy, but now I'm scared of using the monster truck online with my rank2 status and be banned because of cheating or something :lol

Cesar

Banned
SolidusDave said:
Did anyone else had this strange bug:

The ingame-trophy list says I have all trophies of the normal game, it kinda counted wrong at some point and after getting one trophy (which the game thought was the last), I received the Platinum-Microbadge and the the ingame-rewards for that (extra-video and the Atlas Earthquake monster truck - which is nice because I would have never get it otherwise :D ).

I did NOT get the actual platinum trophy, but now I'm scared of using the monster truck online with my rank2 status and be banned because of cheating or something :lol

This happend to me too, and it also happend with an other guy at PSU. I'm not complaining about this "bug" though. :D

Schmitty07 said:
Am I the only one that finds it incredibly hard to control the vehicles in this game? I feel like it's a struggle to take turns. I can't seem to get used to it.

Play in 1st person if you aren't already.
Use tilt controls. You can shift the weight of the car depending on the direction you tilt the controller. So if you're turning left, tilt the controller left and you'll get a little better traction out of the corner. Use handbrake instead of normal braking around corners.
Also, find the race lines, there aren't that many difficult turns in this game.

jax (old)

Banned
OKAY.

after owning MSPR for oh, about 4 months+++, I finally sat around for some game time and had a riot with it. Such a great game - played 2p split screen and the game kicked ass. FANTASTIC VISUALS, awesome gameplay, great tracks. This is the game MS one should have been. In fact, I'd say MS wouldn't have been half bad if they dumped the ridiculously slow car sloading screen. Mmmm

mmmmmmm.

<3

So I find out about a week ago that my data is corrupt. I only needed 6 or so races in the SP campaign before getting gold, and I sunk countless hours into the modes.

I'm not mad, though. I have Wipeout HD now. Motorstorm is now a multiplayer only game.

(I feel betrayed.)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Bought the speed pack today. I pretty much only play split-screen multiplayer in this game so the new tracks are a nice addition. Do you go faster on the new tracks? I know it's called Speed but I just want to know for sure, it definitely seemed so.

Also, how is the Adrenaline pack?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
NameGenerated said:
Bought the speed pack today. I pretty much only play split-screen multiplayer in this game so the new tracks are a nice addition. Do you go faster on the new tracks? I know it's called Speed but I just want to know for sure, it definitely seemed so.

Also, how is the Adrenaline pack?
Both packs are awesome and offer the same tension that the default tracks bring. Great branching paths as well.

Cesar

Banned
A question about a Speed pack trophy:

"Beat Developer Ghosts on all six SPEED tracks"

Does that mean you have to beat all the times with every vehicle on every speed pack track, or just one time per track?

SToRM

I just pre-ordered this game for 15 pounds @ zavvi (16 pounds if you include shipping), seems like it's going platinum.
I was always waiting for this game's price to drop :D

The original Motorstorm was really fun to play and the screens in this topic look awesome, so I can´t wait to start playing this game.

As a future owner of ps3 slim, i always had MSPR on my radar. I have one question : i'm not too much an online player and prefer to play against mate on the couch. How is the local multiplayer when you are 4 ? is it still smooth without Framerate drops ? Does it render well on a 42" HDTV ?

SToRM said:
I just pre-ordered this game for 15 pounds @ zavvi (16 pounds if you include shipping), seems like it's going platinum.
I was always waiting for this game's price to drop :D

The original Motorstorm was really fun to play and the screens in this topic look awesome, so I can´t wait to start playing this game.

You're in a treat. The screens don't represent the game's graphics properly. It looks freaking incredible in motion, especially when you select midday lighting.

Rick Dangerous said:
As a future owner of ps3 slim, i always had MSPR on my radar. I have one question : i'm not too much an online player and prefer to play against mate on the couch. How is the local multiplayer when you are 4 ? is it still smooth without Framerate drops ? Does it render well on a 42" HDTV ?

Not sure about FPS, because I never played with 3 more players, but 42" could be too small for a comfortable 4 players experience.

BeeDog

Rick Dangerous said:

Yeah, the 4-p splitscreen is pretty damn smooth. Can't say it's unplayable, don't really notice any frame drops since I'm having too much fun beating the crap out of friends. :D So I'd say you don't have to worry too much.

Cesar

Banned
Cesar said:
A question about a Speed pack trophy:

"Beat Developer Ghosts on all six SPEED tracks"

Does that mean you have to beat all the times with every vehicle on every speed pack track, or just one time per track?

So, nobody knows this?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Has anyone had any conection issues with the online parts of the new DLC?

It says it needs to connect me to online but it will search for 5 minutes and not connect meaning I can only play offline...

Afrikan

I'm surprised some feel it is difficult to play this game in 4 player split-screen...

We just had a session a couple of days ago on a 34" Sony HDTV Crt. and we were all like 5-6 feet away and it was fine. So I would think a 42"er would be fine as well.....as long as you all are not too far from the T.V.

Also no slow down and the graphics still look great.....I can't believe what a wonderful job Evolution Studios did with this series to go from a 1 player game to 4 play splitscreen.....with it still running and looking great.

F#A#Oo said:
Has anyone had any conection issues with the online parts of the new DLC?

It says it needs to connect me to online but it will search for 5 minutes and not connect meaning I can only play offline...

Me and my friend couldn't connect to online yesterday evening. It would say that it's connecting to server and than a message would pop up saying that I've lost my connection to the server and asking me should it try to reconnect.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
Me and my friend couldn't connect to online yesterday evening. It would say that it's connecting to server and than a message would pop up saying that I've lost my connection to the server and asking me should it try to reconnect.

Yeah... :(

Cesar

Banned
The servers are up again. Does anyone want to go for the DLC trophies "win on every dlc track online" with me? We'll let each other win. :p

F#A#Oo

Banned
Cesar said:
The servers are up again. Does anyone want to go for the DLC trophies "win on every dlc track online" with me? We'll let each other win. :p

I can only get on 10pm GMT...and can play till 3am!

I decided to download and try out demo 2.0 and it's fantastic, the first demo sucked, why didn't they just use this one in the first place? Now I just need to find the game for around $30 bucks.

Hey, I just got MS: PR. I went online and saw some DLC. 3 maps for $10, 2 different packs. Are either of these packs worth it? I need to find out how many tracks are in it to begin with :lol

Massa

This game is awesome, I just got it. I'm only playing the SP now, trying to get golds on everything before moving to new events... though I can tell already I'll be happy to get bronzes soon enough. :lol

One stupid question though, it came with an IGN sticker on the case. Has anyone tried to remove it yet? I fucking hate the thing but I don't want to mess with it and make things worse.

Hey Ya'll...
Could someone tell me which Downloadable continent I should download for this game?
I only have $15 in my wallet and there are 2 $10 packs to be downloaded.
I think Speed is supposed to be the good one but they both have similar descriptions.

Ploid 3.0

Massa said:
This game is awesome, I just got it. I'm only playing the SP now, trying to get golds on everything before moving to new events... though I can tell already I'll be happy to get bronzes soon enough. :lol

One stupid question though, it came with an IGN sticker on the case. Has anyone tried to remove it yet? I fucking hate the thing but I don't want to mess with it and make things worse.

I'm on the last rank and I'm still trying for all gold. I have one silver, the AI is so cheap and self sacrificing just to screw you up. It seem like they get unlimited boost also.

Goldrusher

CurlySaysX said:
Hey Ya'll...
Could someone tell me which Downloadable continent I should download for this game?
I only have $15 in my wallet and there are 2 $10 packs to be downloaded.
I think Speed is supposed to be the good one but they both have similar descriptions.

Get Speed. It has a new festival with 48 events and lots of stuff. Adrenaline adds mostly online stuff.
Both have 3 new tracks, and some vehicles and stuff.

leng jai

Goldrusher said:
Get Speed. It has a new festival with 48 events and lots of stuff. Adrenaline adds mostly online stuff.
Both have 3 new tracks, and some vehicles and stuff.

So speed has singeplayer content? I thought both packs were mostly online centric.

leng jai said:
Festival 8 is hard as balls and there isn't even an achievement for finishing it. Fark that shit.

There are no achievements, but there are trophies and in-game rewards :p You can get a bronze, silver or gold trophy by completing it depending on your skills. But I guess that even the bronze is out of reach for you :p

I bought this game on release and found it unplayable. It was incredibly dark on my screen, especially in certain weather settings. I hard a time trying to get a refund for it because it worked perfectly on the TV's in the gamestore.

SToRM

The game arrived yesterday. I played it for a while this morning and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with it. Graphics and gameplay are very good and the level designs are again awesome. It seems like they've fixed some of the minor issues I had with the previous game.
And I bought both expansion packs, but I haven't checked them out yet :D

SToRM

A small collection of pictures I made today:

MSPR_NL_SToRM_4-2.jpg

MSPR_NL_SToRM_5-1.jpg

I really like the next one :D
MSPR_NL_SToRM_9-1.jpg

MSPR_NL_SToRM_21-1.jpg

MSPR_NL_SToRM_22-1.jpg

renzengeki

Neo Member
:( my ps3 broke. it cannot read any games now. the bluray drive started to sound different and weird when i play motorstorm pacific rift. it sound like its loading and scratching when the game was on the main menu. after 2 days i paused the game and it hanged. after that my ps3 cannot read any games.

:(

does your copy of motorstorm sounds weird too when its in the main menu?

pls reply... because i want to keep the game. but i think it harms my ps3. do you think its because of the firmware or my copy of the game.

PS: i have 44 games and none of them makes that weird loading and scratching sound.

Top Bottom