• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm RC |OT|

Durante

I took some screenshots of the Vita version:

2012-02-24-103109dujfx.jpg

2012-02-24-102209n9ksj.jpg

2012-02-24-101643vukc1.jpg

2012-02-24-102724jakn4.jpg

Sendou

Very addictive game! Only downside I have found so far is that the framerate is sometimes little unstable.

Add Cendou I need some times to beat
my head against the wall when I can't do it

wouwie

I've been playing for about 4 hours (according to the stats) and i like the game a lot. I feel that Evolution did a good job on the controls and the physics. Also, menus and presentation are nice (once you figure out how to navigate them). Sounds effects are great.

I'm currently at 81/144 and there definately is a difficulty spike at around 60 or 70. I have a hard time getting bronze, let alone gold now. Also, not that fond of the fast cars. They seem a bit too fast for these kind of short tracks (with a lot of bends).

I just wished the tracks were a bit more varied and crazy, with more jumps, elevations, obstacles, more driving through water,... and maybe a tad longer. With these kind of physics, it would have been awesome. Hopefully, DLC tracks will deliver in that regard.

But the core game is fun and the price is nice.

Durante

Lol woops, didnt realise that somehow, will check it out when i get home.
Yeah, when I set acceleration and braking to L/R instead of the right stick I had a much easier time controlling the game.

Having a ton of fun with this. The social integration stuff is a bit "much" IMHO, but at least it seems lively.

Raonak

Banned
Love the game of course, but why is accelleration mapped to the right stick? An option to use the shoulder buttons would have been nice!

I can't remember correctly, but I think the PS3 used the R2 trigger.
if that is the case, they I suppose they used right stick because the vita's Shoulder buttons aren't analog. while the second stick obviously is.

really like the social stuff, especially on vita. too bad im not that good at the game. and one of my friends is ranked 30th :(

I should feel bad for the americans.... But I don't. They get a taste of how europe gets handled.

test_account

XP-39C²
Im playing on ps3 I use the left and right triggers to brake and accelerate naturally...hat control schemes are there for the vita?
You can map the acceleration and brakes to the shoulder buttons on Vita. Personally i use dpad for steering, the X-button for acceleration and the square-button for brakes :)

Sendou

I'm not sure I understand this trophy:

Wall Brawl
Beat 10 times after launching through the Pitwall.

Is it just that I have to beat 10 of my friends' times? What the hell is the Pitwall anyway?

Shancake

I'm absolutely loving this game! I'm also using the directional control method and L+R for break/accelerate.

I've hardly played anything else on the vita yet!

jiggles

Banned
I'm not sure I understand this trophy:

Wall Brawl
Beat 10 times after launching through the Pitwall.

Is it just that I have to beat 10 of my friends' times? What the hell is the Pitwall anyway?

It's that thing on the main menu that lists all the updates from who's beating who on what stages.

It's beside Wreckreation, I think.

Chris_C

This is what the post on the official PS blog reads about getting them for the same price:

Because of the unique way MotorStorm RC was made, picking it up on either the PS Vita or PS3 makes it available for the other platform at no extra cost.

I don't understand the confusion.

EDIT: Wati. I just read the second comment on that post... what?!

I've unlocked the SuperCar challenges, and now I have 100 medals ... out of 196. Gah. Might be a while to get all medals, if ever, lol. There are a LOT of tracks in this game though! And it's taking me quite a while to memorise their layouts.

This is currently my most played and favorite Vita launch game I think. Perfect for the handheld, and disgustingly addictive. Was playing this in bed for hours yesterday night. Also, the PS3 version is still a little bit nicer to play, but not by much. I love the way playing on one then continuing on the other works in this game, incredible.

Also, considering that it's not out yet in the US, the sales seem promising. I think I saw 20.000 people on the leaderboards yesterday (I was around 500 or so). Of course, it doesn't mean anything for Vita, because people can just buy it for PS3 as well (and should!).

For some of the races that you have trouble with, I'm finding the top-down (most) view helps.

I think the biggest praise I can give this game is that the way it is set up makes Super Stardust Delta look positively ancient! I wouldn't mind at all if Super Stardusts's UI would be modelled after the Motorstorm one. I hope Motorstorm RC becomes a role-model game that all other smaller games on Vita / PS3 try to emulate.

wouwie

So, is this the de-facto OT for the game, or do we still need one? I could do it, but if everyone is fine with this I'd rather play the game :p

An official OT would be nice. It's a fun little game at a very good price and it seems there is going to be DLC content in the future so i think it deserves it.

Sendou

Is it just me or is the Pitwall really bugged? I just beat the same time multiple times and it still keeps saying that I was beaten.

so1337

What a pleasant suprise this is. The way its controls imitate an actual RC remote is absolutely brillant. Arguably the best racing game on the Vita.

Spwn

Platinum'd the game today and battled my way to the 15th spot on the overall charts. I dare to say this may be the downloadable game of 2012.

Very addictive game! Only downside I have found so far is that the framerate is sometimes little unstable.

Add Cendou I need some times to beat
my head against the wall when I can't do it

Really? With these graphics there are framerate problems?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Really? With these graphics there are framerate problems?

What do you mean 'these graphics'? It has some of the nicest graphics I've seen on vita so far. The lighting and surface detail is really nice on later levels

Not seen any framerate issues yet, hopefully they are few and far between

Durante

What do you mean 'these graphics'? It has some of the nicest graphics I've seen on vita so far. The lighting and surface detail is really nice on later levels

There's a small amount of dropped frames in some of the jungle levels with the aerial camera. Not really bad, but I hope they patch it.

I agree though that I don't really see why you would say "with these graphics". It looks great on Vita, even when you don't take into account that it's a 6€ downloadable game.

It's a top down game. Yes, it looks nice, but IMO it should be running at 60fps.

Unfortunately Evolution's engines have never been designed to do that.

test_account

XP-39C²
I wish PSN would let you gift games to people because I would buy this for at least two of my friends.
Yeah, it would be cool if this was possible indeed :)

That makes you a psychopath.
unbelievable
What? I'm pretty sure that he simply thinks the game is so great that it is worth more than $10 to him. I've also felt it like this with some games, that i could gladly pay more for them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Definitely one of the gems of the launch. And having it on OS3 is genius - it'll suck people in and sell vitas imo

crispyben

I'm having trouble with the "As Good as New" trophy (earn a medal in a race without touching an opponent or a barrier). I'm trying to get it on the very first event, Mixing Bowl, but no matter how carefully I drive, I don't get it. Any ideas? Tips? Feedback? Thanks.

Spwn

I'm having trouble with the "As Good as New" trophy (earn a medal in a race without touching an opponent or a barrier). I'm trying to get it on the very first event, Mixing Bowl, but no matter how carefully I drive, I don't get it. Any ideas? Tips? Feedback? Thanks.

I got it on the third try myself. If you manage to get past the first curve untouched then you should just take it easy since the AI is very very slow in the first event. Don't rush and play it safe. It'll pop up eventually.

Sendou

Try to get to the lead at the very beginning like before the first corner or so. Then it's pretty much smooth sailing as the others will be driving really slowly. Don't pass the last one by a round as it will only increase your changes to fail.

Top Bottom