• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mount And Blade 2: Bannerlord Engine Video

DJ_Lae

Looks great.

Which surprises me, as the previous games weren't exactly lookers visually. Okay, they were downright ugly.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Looks like a very robust set of tools, I think modders will be happy. Here's hoping TW will go into detail on the combat soon.

Good to see the game isn't dead, most anti-climatic reveal ever. Look forward to reaping the rewards of other people's hard work.

Hupsel

Love the combat system. Hope they have a traditional campaign though... really hated it in Warband and Fire & Sword.

Drazgul

Looks great.

Which surprises me, as the previous games weren't exactly lookers visually. Okay, they were downright ugly.

Well yeah, in the beginning TaleWorlds consisted only of its founder and his wife, so even later as they grew they had to build the original and Warband on that relatively meager foundation. Now they have a proper team to make a great engine right from the beginning - and by the looks of it they're doing a fantastic job (yay modding!).

RedSwirl

Another reminder that I bought Mount & Blade 1 on Steam years ago and still haven't touched it.

Or any of the expansions that I also bought.

Modders are going to go wild with Bannerlord. This game is definitely one to watch.

I love that they still use that classic Mount&Blade font for the event log.

Another reminder that I bought Mount & Blade 1 on Steam years ago and still haven't touched it.

Or any of the expansions that I also bought.

Jump into Warband and have some fun. Singleplayer or multiplayer, there's a lot to of fun to be had.

RedSwirl

So they just pretty much instantly crafted a patch of land that's as big as Altis in ArmA 3. That's fucked-up.

Oh man, can't wait for this game. What I need from Bannerlord is a better diplomacy, a more accessible way of doing pretty much anything on the world map and better army control on the battlefield. The actual fighting system is just fine and fun for me but the other stuff has always put me off. I managed to conquer the whole map on the original M&B but that's about it.

FACE

Banned
ioao1V11FVr9D.gif

Herla

Considering what miracles modders have performed with Warband I can't wait to see what the hell they'll be able to create with these tools.

Dezeer

Hopefully it plays as well as it looks. I really loved to play the original with ~250 vs ~250 unit armies, but the performance really took a hit when looking at the massive battle.

Recently bought Warband in a Sale.

Installed it, instantly killed by bandit. Then went outside and dead again.
Thought "wtf" and uninstalled it.

Then watched some episodes of a LP and thought to myself "hmm, looks fun, maybe it will be better now that I know what to do".
Installed it, get killed by bandit. Saw a group of looters, rode against a tree and died.
fdsgsdkljgjdk those controls. uninstalled it in rage.

Watched some more episodes over the next days. "Damn, still looks fun".
Installed it again and played 40 hours in a week.

cliffnotes: If you can get over the rough start and get used to the UI and controls the game is great. Can't wait for a more polished successor.

Wiktor

Recently bought Warband in a Sale.

Installed it, instantly killed by bandit. Then went outside and dead again.
Thought "wtf" and uninstalled it.

Then watched some episodes of a LP and thought to myself "hmm, looks fun, maybe it will be better now that I know what to do".
Installed it, get killed by bandit. Saw a group of looters, rode against a tree and died.
fdsgsdkljgjdk those controls. uninstalled it in rage.

Watched some more episodes over the next days. "Damn, still looks fun".
Installed it again and played 40 hours in a week.

cliffnotes: If you can get over the rough start and get used to the UI and controls the game is great. Can't wait for a more polished successor.
I think MP is better initiation to M&B to be honest. Few hours of that and the shock when entering SP fun is hugely decreased.

Dolor

I think MP is better initiation to M&B to be honest. Few hours of that and the shock when entering SP fun is hugely decreased.

I think MP could be even more frustrating as you go up against a bunch of people who know what they are doing. Either way, love that game and hope Bannerlord keeps the overall pieces similar.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I think MP could be even more frustrating as you go up against a bunch of people who know what they are doing.

This is particularly true in duel and battle servers. Siege and TDM are pretty good for learning the ropes and having fun while at it, though.

I believe this game has the best and most fun combat system ever created.

It can be vastly improved sure but no other game makes swordplay that exciting and stressful. (chivalry only had a timed parry but otherwise pretty amazing)

Top Bottom