• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Black Label - arguably the best new soda of the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Seriously - this stuff is just delicious. It truly tastes like berries, unlike most every other new Mt. Dew Flavor since Code Red that barely tastes like anything more than a watered-down original Dew.

AMP used to have a completely different flavor back in 2001/2002ish, when it came in a small can and before Monster and Full Throttle starting making crazy inroads into the "energy drink market." It was like, pure Mt. Dew syrup; and Black Label is the closest they've gotten to recreating that nectar.

If you like Mt. Dew at all, I implore you to give this a shot.

I used to drink Dew once a day. I'm down to a 3 or 4 cans of soda a month, and have been going strong for a couple years now. But man, this is my new treat, for sure... will probably snag one every couple weeks when I see them at a gas station.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Guess it's decided... there are no challengers.

Skatterd

It's pretty good but it's pretty close to Pitch Black.
And now that Pitch Black is back I question why both need to exist.

Souzetsu

It's pretty good but it's pretty close to Pitch Black.
And now that Pitch Black is back I question why both need to exist.

I agree that they are similar, but I actually prefer Black Label after trying both. And I loved Pitch Black and wanted it to come back for a long time.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I hate that I've become so sugar and calorie conscious. I want to try this and a bunch of new sodas but I just can't bring myself to drink it anymore. :(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
they mailed me one and a cool tumbler glass and some steel ice cubes.

it was good but not enough to make me drink soda or dethrone Dr. Pepper

I often see soda threads on Gaf, what's that about? Is soda a big thing in America? Just seems like there's a lot of debate on these specific drinks.
Also Mountain Dew is mostly trash, watery sprite. What you really need is a can of Ting.

Ryuukan

This is a very smooth dew that is just under Dewshine, the god of dew, in ranking

chumps saying it tastes like pitch black? grow some tastebuds, flavor profiles are miles apart

But OP, Code Red is fanstastic.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. Code Red is the worst one I've tried. But that's me.

I like Voltage and White Out, and Supernova was pretty good. Those are the only alternative flavours sold here, AFAIK, outside of Citrus.

Haven't tried it yet, but will probably pick it up soon. Voltage is still my go to pick for dew.

Anyone remember the orange one? Think it was called Livewire. Was part of the pack of flavors they released a while ago, thought it was alright.

It's preeeeeeeety good. My only beef is, because it's in the 16 oz energy drink form factor, they charge energy drink prices for it, despite not having added caffeine.

Dewshine is good too.

Neverfade

Black Label isn't bad, but it's a poor man's Pitch Black (even though its more expensive.. don't think about it).

With Pitch Black currently available though, there's zero reason to drink it.

jax

Banned
It tastes like diet Pitch Black to me. I am interested in the supposed white label however.

Pitch Black is a soda worth getting esophagus cancer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom