• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie scenes that make you shed a tear

It's honestly the only time I can recall actual tears from watching a movie. I was like 8 years old when I saw this but that part fuckin cut me up good. I had grown so attached to Harry AND The Hendersons. I am not really a big cryer.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
There are a few that got me over the years, but one that jumps to mind right now is the "Please let me keep this memory, just this one" scene from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I'm an aromantic bastard these days, but this scene (and movie) resonated deeply with me the first time I saw it, right after a break-up. It's tough for me to watch even now...it just captures that helplessness involved in trying to so desperately cling to at least a part of something that was once so special, but has run its course.

kiiltz

wjwohBy.gif

bitbydeath

Not a movie but Buffy episode ‘The Body’ is easily the hardest watch I’ve ever seen.

The entire episode has no music and is just filled with utter dread.

Loke

There are many emotional scenes in the LOTR trilogy but this one in particular fucks me up. The music doesn't help either.

Skyr

Good Will Hunting

When Chuckie stops one last time at Wills house to pick him up, but finds out that he’s finally gone to realize his dream.
It’s such a bittersweet feeling and hits close to home.
Well, I think prolly a lot of people can relate to it in the way the their own friendships evolved.
hwO2e-.gif

Kenpachii

Basically dutch kid show, it featured a hitler pidgeon, whole family gets driven death and it kept going on this way. Absolutely scared me for life.

It's about a duck and a mole that becomes his new dad after kwak ( the main duck cast which is a kid at that time ) runs away before the accident by jumping out of the boot.

It's a nice fellow but the script and showcase is really fuckt up at times.

It's so fucked up it straight up gave me nightmares for weeks when i was a kid, that fucking hitler dolf had some trippy episodes with his chess pieces that come to life. It's a straight up horror show at times.

e3c9d5414659fb0ee9ca75c783df7499.gif

d8253cc174ceab84fe29945a4597bd7d.gif

Dutch tv was full with stuff like this tho, later on i asked as i met one of the writers of those shows why they made these fuckt up episodes. and she told me that the reason why they originally planned to make them that pushed a lot of emotions forwards was to put some emotion back into hitler youth or extremists that came out of it at the time of when they planned on airing it. However the series got so populaire also proably because it was not a sjw fest of happiness, that it didn't age well for later kids and gave kids in general nightmares as result.

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Inside Out (spoilers ahead!)

No, it's not that Bing Bong scene, it's when Riley returns home and just loses it. I think it speaks to every time in your childhood when you were hurting inside and just wanted your parents to reassure you that everything would be okay. Pixar has this uncanny knack for making common life experiences feel intense and personal (see also: Andy's mom looking back at her son's empty room in Toy Story 3).

tkscz

IllustriousDifficultHypsilophodon-size_restricted.gif

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This moment just got to me. I cried not because I was sad, but because it made me feel good, happy, and nostalgic at the same time. My kids were 3 and 1 at this time and I was passing down my old toys and stuff to them and this scene just... oh god.

RPS37

The Rohirrim charge was too much for me and I started crying just because my brain was overwhelmed by visuals + story + music all at the same time
rohirrim%2Bantes%2Bde%2Bcargar%2Ben%2Bpelennor.jpg

Also the same happent with Endgame during the portals scene.
I think we cried at the same point in Endgame. I always cry when the cavalry shows up

Pejo

Due to some personal stuff, a redemption plot between a dude and his father usually gets me.

There is a fairly well known 1970 movie simply called Love Story, which is a fairly typical boy meets girl yarn.
But then the girl is diagnosed with cancer, and fuckin dies at the end. I think I saw it when I was 8 or 9, and that ending just wrecked my shit.

Only other time I remember crying was at the very end of Schindler's List.

A Monster Calls
I caught it on TV a couple of weeks ago again and it got me even harder than when I saw it in the theater.
The whole movie is a beautiful rollercoaster of emotions and there are many intense scenes.
All the actors are absolutely brilliant, and one of my "favorite" scenes would definitely be the entire buildup leading to grandma discovering her beloved clock.
Sigourney Weaver nailed it.

Not a movie, but...
Sleeping in Light - Babylon 5's final episode.
Best. Finale. Ever.

Top Bottom