• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

movies that would make great games?

Joe

i just got done watching ghost ship and i couldn't help but think that this movie would make a great survival horror game. it's got a ton of great atmosphere, good style and a pretty good story.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
B0000VH7L4.01-A2X3FMBNSRPS6U.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00008EY65.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000059XUO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000A2ZUB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

0790729342.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000067J1G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

0790731452.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00004YYDI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000AOX0F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Schafer said:

Del Toro has said a few times that Hellboy is in the works (I didn't see his panel at Comic Con so I don't know if he talked about it more there), but he said that he doesn't want it to suck so it won't be out for a while.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, as cliche as it is right now (Scarface? ugggh) RoadWarrior would make a pretty awesome GTA clone.

I think an Aliens suspense/action game could be really cool, it could play out in the events before the rescue team arrives on the planet in Aliens. You would play a scientist who has to overcome certain obstacles in attempts to stem the alien onslaught that ultimately wipes out the colony, your final act in the game would be that of saving newt. The game could be an FPS/survival horror with an emphasis on puzzle solving/protecting humans and terror (ala Alien the movie) with mixed in action sequences as well (fighting/escaping etc).

Great primary color-usage and a seriously cool flick, all around... Something in the vein of the first PS edition of Clock Tower would be a great fit.
suspiria.jpg

Cheesy, but fun and would fit as a great action-fighting adventure.
805753.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I want someone to start another Kill Bill game project.

Hournda

Kill Bill 1. That movie IS the adaptation of a non-existant videogame. You have simplistic plot (Uma Thurman wants revenge and has to kill 5 people), lots of stylish action, stylish badguys (they're kind of like toned down versions of the MGS1 villains), the helpful guru-type character that helps her and gives her the weapon she needs to defeat the badguys and then you get the plot twist at the end of the movie (Uma's baby is alive). I actually don't know if it'd make a good game but it sure as hell made a good adaptation of a game as a movie.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Equilibrium

Make it into a lightgun game with a screen all around you to perform gun kata. Haha, who am I kidding, that would probably be impossible....but it'd kick so much ass

Buggy Loop

Society said:
After seeing that UT2k3 Blade Runner video...

Blade Runner.

There's already a blade runner game!

But i agree, a 3d FPS in the vein of deus ex, but in the world of blade runner /drool

thom

That David Fincher flick with Micheal Douglas (minus Douglas for the video game)

"The Game"

developed by Silicon Knights.

A "Big Trouble in Little China" video game would be AWESOME.

Ichi the Killer. :p Ofcourse I have no idea who'd they'd make the main character if you've seen the movie, i'd pull for Kakihara personally.

evil ways

El Mariachi/Desperado/Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

A 3 maybe 4 player beat/shoot 'em up, with guns, blood, drug dealers and different playable characters with their own specialties and skills.

bjork

JC10001 said:
Just thinking about this the other day. It was coming at one point but it was canned for some reason.

B0000VH7L4.01-A2X3FMBNSRPS6U.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:insert joke about Tarantino ripping off japanese games for game ideas:

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I can't believe nobody mentioned Miyazaki's work yet :(. I'd die for proper games set in his movie universa. Laputa, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service or Porco Rosso (Sky Gunner came close..).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rei_Toei said:
I can't believe nobody mentioned Miyazaki's work yet :(. I'd die for proper games set in his movie universa. Laputa, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service or Porco Rosso (Sky Gunner came close..).
I was going to. Mainly Nausicaa. That's the only one that I feel could really work well. MAYBE Mononoke, but definitely Nausicaa.

Top Bottom