• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies You've Seen Recently |OT| June 2017

Split: I love how brazenly confident Shyamalan directs this film, and James McAvoy's deliciously scenery chewing performance, as it's essentially an exploitative B-movie trash that is being hailed as a return to form for the director who was once hailed as the next Spielberg. And trashy though it certainly is, it's my kind of trash. McAvoy's amazingly entertaining multiple performances aside, the camera has an elegant, almost restrained, pacing to its framing and movement, imbuing the lurid images and beautifully decayed locales with a subtle tension and dread that might have otherwise been lost in all the silliness.

Between this and The Visit, Shyamalan has certainly earned my respect once again, but I didn't imagine he would do it by embracing and harnessing the B-movie schlock that plagued some of his worst efforts.

Mistaking an actor so shitty and bland like Charlie Hunnam for an actor so good like Tom Hardy is beyond me, lol.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I thought he was pretty solid in City of Z

yeah Shyamyalan made a pretty successful shift from Hitchcock-lite to a director of (good) schlock.

I like that he's embraced the more horror side of his filmmaking. I'm kind of skeptical about Unbreakable 2 though despite loving the hell out of Unbreakable and Split (and its twist). I don't know if he has that kind of movie in him again, and how much he'll change it to fit his new mindset and whether or not that will work out.

Divius

Oppurtunity to see a newly restored 70mm print of 2001:ASO. It'll take me over an hour to even get to the theater that's showing it but dammit it's gotta be worth it, right?

Ridley327

The Grey Matter: Basically, what would happen if Brain Damage was more of a romantic comedy. There's a lot of polish here, from the production values to the zippy script, and while the film can't help but overload itself on double entendres (settle down, they're not of the pervy variety) for the situation, the cast attacks them with great zeal. Arguably, its biggest problem is that it's so cutesy that the horror elements never really seem to amount to much, despite the central concept concerning giant gashes and the parasites that reside in them. The gentler nature of this does help it stick out from its ilk, so it does leave a good impression regardless of its lack of scares and disgust.

American Gothic (2005): Aims for the art house, slams smack dab into the outhouse. It's actually a remarkably hilarious short, though for entirely unintentional reasons as there is just so many things it's trying to take seriously that can't help but look and sound ridiculous every step of the way.

Blader

Oppurtunity to see a newly restored 70mm print of 2001:ASO. It'll take me over an hour to even get to the theater that's showing it but dammit it's gotta be worth it, right?
It is, but I think they only circulate two 70mm prints for screening now (I think there are only like 4 or so left in the world) and apparently the showing I went to last year was the better of the two -- but it was still pretty scratched and had this low-pitch hum on the audio track for the whole movie, which hampers the mood in some of those quiet space scenes.

That said, it still looks pretty stunning and who knows for how much longer it'll even last? I imagine at some point it's just going to look or sound too rough to be worthwhile, or some asshole projectionist is going to fuck something up along the way (which is apparently what caused the audio problems on the print I saw) so I'd definitely recommend if you have the chance.

Edit - wait, NEWLY restored? I completely missed that, lol. In that case, absolutely yes go for it.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?

Eye + Kubrick? No-brainer, go. I love their theatre.

yeah Shyamyalan made a pretty successful shift from Hitchcock-lite to a director of (good) schlock.

I like that he's embraced the more horror side of his filmmaking. I'm kind of skeptical about Unbreakable 2 though despite loving the hell out of Unbreakable and Split (and its twist). I don't know if he has that kind of movie in him again, and how much he'll change it to fit his new mindset and whether or not that will work out.

I'm sure Unbreakable 2 won't be much like the first, but I'm hyped for it. A weird, idiosyncratic, horror superhero movie would at least be a big shift from the usual tone and (lack of) risk taking in the genre these days.

Peco

You might like You Must Remember This, though it's more about the people of classic Hollywood (and show business in general) than movies.

There's always FilmJunk, from the Toronto area. They have hundreds of episodes, and although they do have a weekly review near the start of their podcast, the bulk of the podcasts are random movies they've seen over the week, new and old, and then the mailbag section is movie stuff or completely random nonsense, haha.
Thanks, I'll definitely check these out.

Theorry

The Fate and the Furious

Cant put my finger on it. But the movie felt off? I dont know i enjoyed the other ones alot more. It wasnt bad but maybe trim down the cast abit. I mean we only need The Rock, Vin Diesel, Statham, Gibson and Theron. The best parts were with The Rock and Statham and even more when they were on screen together. Also why call the baby Brian? Thats just awkward. I mean i know Walker is dead but he isnt in the movie. "Whats up best friend i called my baby after you"

omgkitty

Just a heads up that iTunes has a ton of great Asian films for rent for .99 right now. I just got The Raid 1 and 2, Kung Fu Hustle, Train to Busan and Barking Dogs Never Bite. There's some other great stuff like The Handmaiden, Life Father Like Son, Still Walking, Secret Sunshine etc included as well. In the store, it's under "Movies You Might Have Missed for .99"

I did a double take in the trailer because at first I thought it was her and I was like...shit she hasn't aged a day and she's still a waitress.

kevin1025

Banned
Just a heads up that iTunes has a ton of great Asian films for rent for .99 right now. I just got The Raid 1 and 2, Kung Fu Hustle, Train to Busan and Barking Dogs Never Bite. There's some other great stuff like The Handmaiden, Life Father Like Son, Still Walking, Secret Sunshine etc included as well. In the store, it's under "Movies You Might Have Missed for .99"

Thanks! I'll be grooving to The Handmaiden finally.

Icolin

Banned
I'm in Canada, our Prime is basically only Sony and Universal movies, haha. iTunes deal is US, too, sadly. But I found the Blu-Ray for $10, so I'll just grab that tomorrow!

I feel your struggle too, man. I gotta use VPNs and US accounts because the selection in Canada for Prime (and Netflix, for that matter) is pretty bad.

Knowing: I wound up spoiling myself on the plot before actually seeing the movie. It does start off as an interesting mystery and turns into a disaster movie, which is fine because I like disaster movies. The movie relies too much on flimsy science, and it leaves a lot of questions in the end. I say it's fine.

I was going to see Baby Driver tonight but now I gotta hold off on that, too, because none of the theatres here are showing it in an auditorium with actual decent sound. They tossed it up on a bunch of regular screens on Wednesday but none of them are going to put it on a good screen until tomorrow.

Oh well. Okja and Baby Driver should be a good weekend!

Absolutely. Like Blader, I've seen the 70mm prints in current circulation and I'd say those would be worth the drive. Wouldn't even blink at the opportunity to see a restoration.

Kong: Skull Island

That was fantastic. I pretty much had no issues with anything in the movie. Felt kinda like an old war movie, but with monsters. And speaking of, I'm so glad they wasted no time getting to Kong. I really liked the recent Godzilla, but they spent too much time teasing, and there just wasn't as much Godzilla and co. as I would've liked.

Also, I'm so glad I didn't have to witness yet another version of Kong getting killed while saving some puny human. Always pisses me off that he dies when he hasn't done anything wrong to these trigger happy dickbags. Best Kong literally broke the chains of bondage and put an end to this shitty cycle. ✊

9.5/10

Edit: Awesome post credits tease. Hope we get to see every single one of them.

----

Ya know, I look at how critics and people in these threads review and rate movies, and I sometimes wonder if I'm just incredibly easy to please. I'm not at all saying anyone else's opinion is wrong, and I'm not referring to any specific reviews or posts by the way, but I seem to rarely dislike or find fault in most things I watch (or play). Guess I'm just not good at critiquing things.

Sean C

Free Fire (2017): A shoot-em-up black comedy that feels a lot likes something the Coen Brothers would make -- though, despite one particular sequence that recalls my favourite shot in Blood Simple, I expect the Coens would have paid more attention to wide-angle compositions filming a story set almost entirely in such a confined space. This isn't to say that the cinematography and editing aren't good here, but they're mostly a series of connections between characters, rather than maintaining a consistent picture of where everybody is all the time. The characters are sketches relying on actor charisma, but there's plenty of that here.

Kong: Skull Island

That was fantastic. I pretty much had no issues with anything in the movie. Felt kinda like an old war movie, but with monsters. And speaking of, I'm so glad they wasted no time getting to Kong. I really liked the recent Godzilla, but they spent too much time teasing, and there just wasn't as much Godzilla and co. as I would've liked.

Also, I'm so glad I didn't have to witness yet another version of Kong getting killed while saving some puny human. Always pisses me off that he dies when he hasn't done anything wrong to these trigger happy dickbags. Best Kong literally broke the chains of bondage and put an end to this shitty cycle. ✊

9.5/10

Edit: Awesome post credits tease. Hope we get to see every single one of them.

----

Ya know, I look at how critics and people in these threads review and rate movies, and I sometimes wonder if I'm just incredibly easy to please. I'm not at all saying anyone else's opinion is wrong, and I'm not referring to any specific reviews or posts by the way, but I seem to rarely dislike or find fault in most things I watch (or play). Guess I'm just not good at critiquing things.

I went into that movie with my 19 year old son on mostly a lark, thinking "what the hell, let's go check it out, there isn't really anything else out right now" and had almost the same reaction as you. Really fucking loved it. Can't wait for the blu-ray next month.

kevin1025

Banned
Baby Driver

An incredible film with love in its every frame and every audio queue. Everyone's said what needs to be said about this, but I loved it, even with a fault or two I had with it overall. Well worth seeing, and for me, one of the best of the year.

Okja

The first act is insanely good. The whole chase through Seoul and the mall was one of the most thrilling scenes of the year. But that second act, and Jake Gyllenhaal's performance (and something he does at the end of the second act), really soured me. But then the end of the film, with
the slaughterhouse, and the striking Holocaust-like imagery and the two super pigs getting their child out
, really, really affected me and nearly brought me to tears. So the sum of its parts, and a strong opening and close, make up for its severe middle issues, and I think it's a super solid 8/10.

Baby Driver

An incredible film with love in its every frame and every audio queue. Everyone's said what needs to be said about this, but I loved it, even with a fault or two I had with it overall. Well worth seeing, and for me, one of the best of the year.

Okja

The first act is insanely good. The whole chase through Seoul and the mall was one of the most thrilling scenes of the year. But that second act, and Jake Gyllenhaal's performance (and something he does at the end of the second act), really soured me. But then the end of the film, with
the slaughterhouse, and the striking Holocaust-like imagery and the two super pigs getting their child out
, really, really affected me and nearly brought me to tears. So the sum of its parts, and a strong opening and close, make up for its severe middle issues, and I think it's a super solid 8/10.

Thanks for the reviews! Especially Okja which I'm thinking of seeing tonight. Looks like I'll enjoy both. Thanks man.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Blue Velvet

"One well-dressed fuckin' man knows where your fuckin' cute little butt's hidin'! Stupid fuck!"

I can't believe Ebert give this classic one star (Blue Velvet). Just rewatched this and it hit harder than it ever did.

On a personal level, it conveyed the inheritance of pain, and what it means to feel true love in a darkened point of view. Truly stunning.

I decided to stay home and watch something on Netflix, saw that Neruda had been recently added (in Canada, at least), so that was my evening...

Neruda (6/10) - I liked it more than Pablo Larraín's other 2016 biopic, but only marginally. Which is disappointing because, on paper, I like this one a whole lot more. Neruda is a fictional metanarrative about a police officer chasing the famous poet, less actual biopic and more phantasmagoric noir. It explores the power of his writing, not the facts of his life. Sounds good. And yet. A part of me suspects I do not know enough about Neruda to get a lot out of this. But a part of me also thought this was kinda stupid and boring at times.

Stylistically, it's a little bizarre. No and Jackie both have visual strategies that I found clear, purposeful and compelling, but for all of Neruda's ambitions (and it's certainly more ambitious than those two, structurally and thematically) it also feels haphazard. At first, I liked how dialogue scenes would play out through random locations and jarring angles, but after a while, I got tired of it. There is so much coverage and cutting and that's just not a style I can fuck with that much. The cinematography is also all over the map, sometimes looking good, sometimes looking soft and washed out, sometimes being completely blown out. The handful of rear projection scenes are jarring. None of it adds up to anything compelling.

And when it comes to the meta stuff, that also bothered me. Scenes involving the detective talking about what is real and fiction, who is a main character and who is a supporting character, etc. just ended up being simplistic and obnoxious. This is a playful film, certainly, but a lot of the humor is a miss (No, comparatively, had me laughing out loud repeatedly) and while something like Oscar insisting he is not a supporting character, followed by a cut to him riding in a sidecar, is amusing, it all just feels more cute than clever.

The ending is good. I loved the final scenes, including the end montage and narration. It's a nice moment, with a nice message. Again, I like it on paper. But Neruda is still a film that ends with a character explaining, in voice over narration, the point of the whole film. That's... I dunno. As entertaining as it can be at times, I never found Neruda to be in any way inspiring.

kevin1025

Banned
I feel your struggle too, man. I gotta use VPNs and US accounts because the selection in Canada for Prime (and Netflix, for that matter) is pretty bad.

Netflix is slowly, very slowly getting better, and the weekly additions of certain shows is nice! But yeah, Prime and Netflix being the only games in town is rough. Some of the Shomi stuff is still in limbo, too, which is no good.

Thanks for the reviews! Especially Okja which I'm thinking of seeing tonight. Looks like I'll enjoy both. Thanks man.

I hope you like it! There's some really good stuff in there, and some not so hot stuff. But I think it's well worth watching.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
It Comes At Night is a good claustrophobic thriller set in a post-apocalyptic society. Its well-shot and acted even though its not entirely coherent. Some of it is left open to interpretation and while I have potential explanations for most of it, there's one scene in particular that throws a wrench into the whole thing.

kevin1025

Banned
The Beguiled

Beautifully shot, natural lighting and candlelight cast on every frame, the gorgeous land around the seminary... the movie is beautiful, plain and simple. It is presented in 1.66: 1 aspect ratio, so the bars on the sides helped make the movie and images feel a little more intimate. It is all about desire, and what it can do to someone when enclosed in a single space for so long. The young women, and Kirsten Dunst and Nicole Kidman, who are the best part of the movie, all have desire in their own way, and Colin Farrell's wounded soldier brings it out of them on the backdrop of the Civil War. It's a slight movie at 93 minutes, but I liked the hell out of it, and out of the 20-30 movies I've seen of 2017 so far, it's in the top 10 for the time being.

Baby Driver (2017) - wow that was a lot of fun. Great cast. Edgar Wright's script and direction are extremely well done. The way the music works into the story, the action, the beats... it all just works. And it feels fresh in the process. This isn't a movie with a soundtrack in the background. This is a movie where the soundtrack is part of the story. I'll say the ending felt a little dragged out. Maybe a little too much craziness and implausibility in that final set of action sequences.

Jamie Foxx is great as a nutjob. Would've loved to have seen him and Bernthal together on a job just for the pure crazy shit that would have gone down. Spacey is his usual perfect dick when it comes to playing a douchebag. Ansel Elgort and Lily James have great chemistry, which is good, because as one previous poster said, their relationship could have gone straight to pure sugar and too much schmaltz had they not been so good together on-screen. And damn but Eliza Gonzalez was amazing as Darling. "Now that's bananas!"

4 / 5 and hopefully a sign that the next four weeks (Spiderman, War, Dunkirk) are going to wash the taste of the first half of this summer set of bombas away

Icolin

Banned
Baby Driver (2017) - wow that was a lot of fun. Great cast. Edgar Wright's script and direction are extremely well done. The way the music works into the story, the action, the beats... it all just works. And it feels fresh in the process. This isn't a movie with a soundtrack in the background. This is a movie where the soundtrack is part of the story. I'll say the ending felt a little dragged out. Maybe a little too much craziness and implausibility in that final set of action sequences.

Jamie Foxx is great as a nutjob. Would've loved to have seen him and Bernthal together on a job just for the pure crazy shit that would have gone down. Spacey is his usual perfect dick when it comes to playing a douchebag. Ansel Elgort and Lily James have great chemistry, which is good, because as one previous poster said, their relationship could have gone straight to pure sugar and too much schmaltz had they not been so good together on-screen. And damn but Eliza Gonzalez was amazing as Darling. "Now that's bananas!"

4 / 5 and hopefully a sign that the next four weeks (Spiderman, War, Dunkirk) are going to wash the taste of the first half of this summer set of bombas away

There's also Atomic Blonde, A Ghost Story, Detroit, and Logan Lucky to come this summer, as well as Valerian and Death Note, which I'm admittedly trepidatious towards both at the moment, but they could very well be great films.

Exciting times for blockbuster and mid tier films alike ahead of us!

kevin1025

Banned
There's also Atomic Blonde, A Ghost Story, Detroit, and Logan Lucky to come this summer, as well as Valerian and Death Note, which I'm admittedly trepidatious towards both at the moment, but they could very well be great films.

Exciting times for blockbuster and mid tier films alike ahead of us!

I saw the trailer for The Glass Castle before The Beguiled today, that could be another big summer movie, in terms of quality, coming out in August. It looked fantastic. Short Term 12 director, and starring Brie Larson, Woody Harrelson and Naomi Watts? Sign me up.

Icolin

Banned
I saw the trailer for The Glass Castle before The Beguiled today, that could be another big summer movie, in terms of quality, coming out in August. It looked fantastic. Short Term 12 director, and starring Brie Larson, Woody Harrelson and Naomi Watts? Sign me up.

Forgot all about this film, and The Dark Tower. Hard to keep track of all these films coming out this summer, which wasn't a problem I had last summer, to say the least.

Summer 2016 really was a graveyard; generally devoid of any good films.

kevin1025

Banned
Forgot all about this film, and The Dark Tower. Hard to keep track of all these films coming out this summer, which wasn't I problem I had last summer, to say the least.

Summer 2016 really was a graveyard; generally devoid of any good films.

Definitely, this year has some smaller, awesome gems, and from the reviews of the upcoming bigger movies, the blockbusters are finally getting it right! Last summer made me sad, haha.

Prometheus (2012) - rewatch. Youngest son hadn't seen this yet, so we decided to pop it in tonight. Should have been called "A Lot of Stupid People Get On a Ship With a Robot and Do Stupid Things Together."

Seriously, the number of supposed fucking scientists who stick their hands into goop or at 3 foot long tentacle aliens or what have you... for chrissakes. And let's not even mention the damn running under a rolling donut instead of off to the side scene.

Ugh.

John Wick: Chapter 2

Wow. Just wow. That was amazing. I didn't think it'd top the first one, but it did. I can't believe how many times I said or thought "holy shit" (or some variation of it) while watching this. Every action sequence was superb. Had no idea Common was in this either. He was really damn good, especially in his 1 on 1 fights with Keanu. Really liked Ruby Rose's character as well. Morpheus too!

It was also great to see more of the world they crafted. It's just all so well put together. The systems, establishments, laws, everything--and it's incredibly believable. Maaan, I'm just really impressed. Chapter 3 gonna be absolutely bonkers.

10/10

Timeaisis

Okja was something. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I thought it was very original, but it turned extremely heavy handed near the end, with such caricatures, but I suppose that's kind of the point.

I think it should've ended with
Okja getting shot.
Would've been a much more pointed film that way, even though I'm not onboard with the premise it was trying to go for.

Short Term 12 is Bries best movie not named Scott Pilgrim, didn't know directors next was coming so soon. Woody and Naomi are great.

Harrelson killing this summer between that and apes huh. This is a really strong next couple months. I'm already satisfied with it after baby driver.

I think last year was a great one for films but shit during the summer. This time the summer is stepping up with some good limited releases as well.

Baby Driver
I had a great time, even though I miss how Wright does comedy. See it for the consummate craftsmanship, and some amazing action scenes.

I don't think the story is gonna blow anyone away, but the "how" is more important than the "what" to me, and it really delivered to me in that front.

Into the Inferno
I've never seen a Werner Herzog film before, and I only associate him with that Nicolas Cage iguana film. I got baited by the promise of a volcano documentary, but I really love how it's not at all about the geology of volcanoes, but more about the people around volcanoes.

It's neat how the camera mostly just observes things happen, which I found exciting. The people that they find and interview are very fascinating, particularly that hilarious anthropologist. It's a very unique documentary experience. Very different from BBC or National Geographic stuff, but I like this more arthouse approach.

I paused halfway through because of IRL things, but I'll finish it this weekend.

P.s.: It's weird leaving the cinema at 10 PM and still having sunlight.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I think it should've ended with
Okja getting shot.
Would've been a much more pointed film that way, even though I'm not onboard with the premise it was trying to go for.
Can't agree with that.
That would just be gratuitous misery. The ending as it is, has a much greater sense of tragedy - Mija only has the power to save one creature, but well intentioned people are powerless against the greater tragedy we see in the sheer scale of the factory farming.
Reminds me of people who say that AI
should have ended with David pleading with the Blue Fairy underwater.

I always remembered Toy Story 2 as being my favorite of the trilogy (and as such, the best of Pixar's output), but I came away thinking that while it's a more than worthy sequel to the first film, it doesn't quite live up to the heart, humor, and taught screenplay of the original.

Where Toy Story 2 succeeds is in its expansive ambitions. It uses a clever framing narrative about the nature of toys as a means to give children happiness (something at the core of the series) but cleverly juxtaposed against the adult collector hobbyists for whom toys are something to be sealed away, tallied up, and sold rather than to be enjoyed by the people they're made for. It's a compelling theme, and is expertly realized by its antagonistic forces, both human and toy.

Where it doesn't quite live up to the original for me is that Woody and Buzz's relationship, something perfectly captured in the original, takes a back seat in this film as they're separated for much of the run time, and the Buzz-surrogate character for Woody to grudgingly bond with this time isn't nearly as endearing.

From its very first frame though Toy Story 2 is bursting with imagination, tossing all sorts of clever set-pieces that play with the fabric of the narrative at you, and I certainly can't fault such a lively imagination in a film about the importance of toys.

Sean C

The Defiant Ones (1958): Stanley Kramer is often thought of as being heavy-handed in his approach to social justice themes, but on that score The Defiant Ones is actually fairly restrained, particularly for a film made in the 1950s. The core dynamic between Tony Curtis and Sidney Poitier is highly watchable, and Poitier is given a character who feels a bit rougher around the edges than many of the roles he would later take on (at least until Virgil Tibbs). The movie is held back mainly by superfluous scenes featuring the posse chasing the two fugitives, and by the third act's reliance on the wholly unbelievable character played by Cara Williams.

gibberish thoughts on Baby Driver
I passed my driving exam today, and what better way to reward myself than watching a film called Baby Driver, from Edgar Wright no less?

Yeah, I really like it.

The film is immensely enjoyable, and almost everything is fantastic: directing, editing, acting, music, and so on. Probably the most well made film of this year so far on the technical front, Baby Driver isn't afraid to show off its flashiness; couple that with great performances (shout out to Jon Hamm), witty writings, a killer soundtrack and there's your summer masterpiece (I may jump the gun on calling it a masterpiece, but I don't care since I like it so much).

Simply put, Baby Driver is this year Fury Road, but with a lighter tone (I still like Fury Road better though).

If I have to have one complaint, it will be that while the editing is great, I feel like it's done for style but not clarity *please note that I read this opinion on GAF (from a mod I believe) before I went to see the film, and I can't help but to agree with it*. However, since the actions isn't really difficult to follow (being sync'd up to the music really helps), I will give that a pass.

An additional note is that the film has the tendency to betrays my expectations of how things would go down, and I believe that it is for the better.

<...>

The more I think about the film, the more I like it. Fury Road also did the same thing to me, so I guess the comparison is apt.

Also love is the main theme of this film, and I will disagree with anyone who says otherwise *laughs*

I always remembered Toy Story 2 as being my favorite of the trilogy (and as such, the best of Pixar's output), but I came away thinking that while it's a more than worthy sequel to the first film, it doesn't quite live up to the heart, humor, and taught screenplay of the original.

Where Toy Story 2 succeeds is in its expansive ambitions. It uses a clever framing narrative about the nature of toys as a means to give children happiness (something at the core of the series) but cleverly juxtaposed against the adult collector hobbyists for whom toys are something to be sealed away, tallied up, and sold rather than to be enjoyed by the people they're made for. It's a compelling theme, and is expertly realized by its antagonistic forces, both human and toy.

Where it doesn't quite live up to the original for me is that Woody and Buzz's relationship, something perfectly captured in the original, takes a back seat in this film as they're separated for much of the run time, and the Buzz-surrogate character for Woody to grudgingly bond with this time isn't nearly as endearing.

From its very first frame though Toy Story 2 is bursting with imagination, tossing all sorts of clever set-pieces that play with the fabric of the narrative at you, and I certainly can't fault such a lively imagination in a film about the importance of toys.

That's why my Funko Pops are out of their boxes. So they can have fun while I'm not in the room.

I keep the boxes, should any of them misbehave enough that I need to send them to someone else.

Top Bottom