• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

MS Cancels 1 on 1 Interviews with GB, GI.biz, Tapezilla...MCV?: "Scheduling conflict"

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
This is really, really, odd behaviour.

This is not how you control the message. Partitioning "insiders" and "outsiders" off within the media is a sure way to create bad press.

RiverBed

Banned
Mar 28, 2007
HOOOOLD!

4 more days.

SymbolicGamer

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
That's smart of Microsoft.

By giving conflicting answers about the Xbox One at the reveal they only fueled the fire for stupid rumors. I'm sure they don't want a repeat.

Averon

Aug 27, 2008
So MS's brilliant plan is to stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes, and pretend everything's alright?

May 2, 2006
So any chance of MS clarifying or actually divulging any of their DRM or used games policy is not going to happen at e3? awesome.

This is exactly what I've been worried about. Will be so irritating if they pull more tba bullshit. Same goes for sony.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Oct 16, 2007
Jinfash
So what this basically means is that we won't be having any information other than the carefully selected, PR loaded info they share on stage. Which if you look at the reveal, only represented 25% of what everyone ended up caring about. In other words: no (or little) info on DR, little (or no) info on used games, little info about their indie program, little (or no) spec info, etc etc.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Jan 9, 2013
Instead of the interviews, Avalanche will inform the journalists how Xbone is as vital as electricity for the humanity's future.

Mr.Monitor

May 26, 2012
This is really weird that they're doing this. In depth interviews are their chance to shed some light on issues that people have and show that things aren't as bad as people think. Since they're cancelling their interviews, all they're showing is that things probably are that bad.

Revven

Jul 24, 2011
We already know most of the stuff they would ask about anyway.

But we don't know the answers! They're still unclear and will be unclear for months to come! Letting consumers concoct their own ideas and such, just like before the Xbone reveal.

popo

Mar 9, 2013
Good. They were never going to give straight answers to anything they didn't want to talk about, so why waste everyone's time.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Dec 5, 2008
I'm now expecting every question to basically be this

"Mr. Mattrick, your console seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

MikeE21286

Jun 15, 2007
This could bite MS with some of the core. These journos are not likely to have positive thoughts on this practice...

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Apr 2, 2013
So let me get this straight;

- Adam Orth happens, no official statements regarding always-online from Microsoft.
- Phil Harrison tells us how always-online is going to work. Retailers apparently leak out some info on how used games will work. Media reports, internet explodes.
- Microsoft claims the media is spreading faulty reports, ‘Details TBA’.
- Youtube comments taken down and blocked.
- Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) claims to be rounding up statements, but hasn’t said anything other than ‘Details TBA’ yet.
- Microsoft cancels the pre- and post-E3 roundtables.
- Microsoft cancels (some?) one-on-one interviews.

+

- Problems with eSRAM.
- Reportedly six months behind in production.
- UI not yet working as smoothly as claimed during the presentation.
- Supposedly scrambling backstage, throwing money at third-parties out of desperation.

What the hell is happening at Microsoft?

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Feb 23, 2013
Nova Scotia
Exclusive Polygon/Gametrailers interviews - post E3 press conference inbound?

Perhaps you need to be on Microsoft's payroll to talk to them now, as they both are.

x-Lundz-x

May 4, 2010
These big executives get paid all this money and they are afraid to simply answer the hard questions. LOL, what a joke.

I'm so glad we still have Sony to fill my next gen gaming needs.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Jan 9, 2013
This could bite MS with some of the core. These journos are not likely to have positive thoughts on this practice...

But the dog, man ... and the fishes. They are so smart. And the clouds. So shinny and full of smoke. And powerful.

hal9001

Banned
Mar 19, 2013
So let me get this straight;

- Adam Orth happens, no official statements regarding always-online from Microsoft.
- Phil Harrison tells us how always-online is going to work. Retailers apparently leak out some info on how used games will work. Media reports, internet explodes.
- Microsoft claims the media is spreading faulty reports, ‘Details TBA’.
- Youtube comments taken down and blocked.
- Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) claims to be rounding up statements, but hasn’t said anything other than ‘Details TBA’ yet.
- Microsoft cancels the pre- and post-E3 roundtables.
- Microsoft cancels (some?) one-on-one interviews.

+

- Problems with eSRAM.
- Reportedly six months behind in production.
- UI not yet working as smooth as claimed in the presentation.
- Supposedly scrambling backstage, throwing money at third-parties out of desperation.

What the hell is happening at Microsoft?

If it was sony there would have been a shitstorm by the gaming media.