• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Cancels 1 on 1 Interviews with GB, GI.biz, Tapezilla...MCV?: "Scheduling conflict"

7hkwwSI.png

Two seperate interviews.

EDIT; Already posted...

OK, an interesting twist - Michael French was told last week (by MS, I presume) that there would be no interviews at E3 with execs:

yZDNh39.png

So yeah, maybe MS is just cancelling things because of scheduling conflicts, or maybe they are deliberately constraining their contact with the press...

So for the title, MCV didn't have an interview cancelled...they were just told up front that there were not going to be any.

MCV editor in chief:

8fakvat.png

They've also turned down GamesIndustry.biz, which is pretty much the leading industry site for publishers (Gamasutra being the developer focused equivalent).

GamesIndustry International has been told by Microsoft that it will not be offering press any time with senior executives to discuss the Xbox One business during E3

Kotaku are still in the game...
As far as I know our interviews have still not been cancelled. I'm sure we'll tell people if they are.

As far as I know, our interviews are still on. I don't know who they're canceling or why they're doing it - and if they really just want softballs, I can't imagine they'd want to meet with Stephen - but it's very bizarre.

If they were to tell us what we can or can't ask about, or stonewall us on the important issues, we'd most definitely report that. Just as we've been reporting how they've confused everyone in the world: http://kotaku.com/chart-how-microsoft-confused-everyone-with-the-xbox-on-510382385

Major Nelson just tweeted about this. Says it was merely a scheduling conflict and the 1on1's are still on.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/342727561459154944

cjsGlik.png

So yeah, this is happening. Unknown if they intend to or have cancelled other 1:1 interviews.

NateDrake

A few other folk posted on Twitter their 1-on-1 have been canceled. MS seems to be avoiding questions about Xbox One.

Edit: They may just be making comments on the report of Klepek losing his interview. Unclear right now.

Servbot24

Banned
Probably because of all the unsavory information getting out at their last conference and the confusion that ensued.

RPGCrazied

I thought they had like 15 exclusive games? But as I said before, it wouldn't matter the games if they still have DRM.

who needs one on one when you have skype

----------
Kidding aside... why cancel some people's interviews and not others? Unless their pressed for time

This looks bad, but I'm going to reserve judgment on this specific issue until we hear about everyone else's interviews.
A few other folk posted on Twitter their 1-on-1 have been canceled. MS seems to be avoiding questions about Xbox One.
Can these get added to the OP?

trmas

Banned
MS isn't going to talk to anyone they don't have a finger on... They've taken enough of a PR beating at this point. DRM? #DealWithIt

legacyzero

Banned
Hmmm. Wheres that GIF of the gentlemen playing on the deck of the Titanic as it's sinking...

Seriously MS! This is making it worse.

Pavaloo

This looks bad, but I'm going to reserve judgment on this specific issue until we hear about everyone else's interviews.

Don't you get it, man? This is the time to lose your shit and let speculation run wild! This obviously means the worst possible outcome! No time for rationale.

kadotsu

Banned
This isn't a story, yet. If a pattern of cancellations emerges it might be.

Edit: Reading further that seems to be the case.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Clearly a panic reaction to the horribly confused statements they gave to the media during their reveal.

madmackem

As i posted on the other thread, shit excuse from ms and no one takes steps to hide good information. This stinks of ms trying to control the message and trying its up most to stop the difficult questions being asked. It will get worse if we dont get drm and always online questions answered at e3.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm sure this entire debacle will someday become a semester-long case study on how NOT to do public relations.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
This is now officially beyond the very worst of Sony's PS3-fail outings.

What a shitshow.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Well the multiple interviews after the reveal is one of the reasons why the message is so blurred as it is. As long as we get answers sometime next week this won't be news.

Wow, MS... dont you want to talk to us?
What next, huh MS? Internet blackout to stop us asking questions?
Gaf wants answers! #NoDRM

Top Bottom