• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Cancels 1 on 1 Interviews with GB, GI.biz, Tapezilla...MCV?: "Scheduling conflict"

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This is really, really, odd behaviour.

This is not how you control the message. Partitioning "insiders" and "outsiders" off within the media is a sure way to create bad press.

RiverBed

Banned
HOOOOLD!
RCrowe-Maximus-220x211.jpg

4 more days.

That's smart of Microsoft.

By giving conflicting answers about the Xbox One at the reveal they only fueled the fire for stupid rumors. I'm sure they don't want a repeat.

Averon

So MS's brilliant plan is to stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes, and pretend everything's alright?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So what this basically means is that we won't be having any information other than the carefully selected, PR loaded info they share on stage. Which if you look at the reveal, only represented 25% of what everyone ended up caring about. In other words: no (or little) info on DR, little (or no) info on used games, little info about their indie program, little (or no) spec info, etc etc.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Instead of the interviews, Avalanche will inform the journalists how Xbone is as vital as electricity for the humanity's future.

Savitar

So journalist may finally hate something other than consumers nah?

Nah....they'll give oral once Xbox gives them free consoles again.

This is really weird that they're doing this. In depth interviews are their chance to shed some light on issues that people have and show that things aren't as bad as people think. Since they're cancelling their interviews, all they're showing is that things probably are that bad.

scitek

Again, this is probably good for them. The interviewer would just have their blood in the street anyway. We already know most of the stuff they would ask about anyway.

It's a good way to drum up the press into writing about how Microsoft's trying to hide something.

popo

Good. They were never going to give straight answers to anything they didn't want to talk about, so why waste everyone's time.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm now expecting every question to basically be this

"Mr. Mattrick, your console seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So let me get this straight;

- Adam Orth happens, no official statements regarding always-online from Microsoft.
- Phil Harrison tells us how always-online is going to work. Retailers apparently leak out some info on how used games will work. Media reports, internet explodes.
- Microsoft claims the media is spreading faulty reports, ‘Details TBA’.
- Youtube comments taken down and blocked.
- Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) claims to be rounding up statements, but hasn’t said anything other than ‘Details TBA’ yet.
- Microsoft cancels the pre- and post-E3 roundtables.
- Microsoft cancels (some?) one-on-one interviews.

+

- Problems with eSRAM.
- Reportedly six months behind in production.
- UI not yet working as smoothly as claimed during the presentation.
- Supposedly scrambling backstage, throwing money at third-parties out of desperation.

What the hell is happening at Microsoft?

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Exclusive Polygon/Gametrailers interviews - post E3 press conference inbound?

Perhaps you need to be on Microsoft's payroll to talk to them now, as they both are.

Green Yoshi

I'm pretty sure that Geoff Keighleys appointment hasn't been canceled. ;-)

Prepare for Newspeech Bullshit at E3 or "the exciting advantages of DRM".

x-Lundz-x

These big executives get paid all this money and they are afraid to simply answer the hard questions. LOL, what a joke.

I'm so glad we still have Sony to fill my next gen gaming needs.

hal9001

Banned
So let me get this straight;

- Adam Orth happens, no official statements regarding always-online from Microsoft.
- Phil Harrison tells us how always-online is going to work. Retailers apparently leak out some info on how used games will work. Media reports, internet explodes.
- Microsoft claims the media is spreading faulty reports, ‘Details TBA’.
- Youtube comments taken down and blocked.
- Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) claims to be rounding up statements, but hasn’t said anything other than ‘Details TBA’ yet.
- Microsoft cancels the pre- and post-E3 roundtables.
- Microsoft cancels (some?) one-on-one interviews.

+

- Problems with eSRAM.
- Reportedly six months behind in production.
- UI not yet working as smooth as claimed in the presentation.
- Supposedly scrambling backstage, throwing money at third-parties out of desperation.

What the hell is happening at Microsoft?

If it was sony there would have been a shitstorm by the gaming media.

Top Bottom