• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Cancels 1 on 1 Interviews with GB, GI.biz, Tapezilla...MCV?: "Scheduling conflict"

This Xbone reveal.
ibc54kZDYWe6u2.gif

Eusis

This is not an appropriate use of this gif. We need a Ron Paul crying version of "It's Happening" for this bullshit.
Or something reading "It's Not Happening" given we're seeing interviews being canceled. Replace Ron Paul with an RROD'ing 360?
Maybe it's just because GiantBomb isn't big enough.
That's alarming in and of itself even without the fact GameIndustry canned theirs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What the hell is happening at Microsoft?

The revenge of J. Allard's tablet is what is happening.

All you had to do was fund that
and have it bomb
, MS, to keep him happy. Then you could've mandated him to start work on the 720. But nooooo...

Trevelyon

Weird that they'd cancel with GiantBomb. Not because uhmygawd bias, but more so that they probably wouldn't sandbag or ask too many pressing questions.

They've never held feet to the fire, not their style.

At least this will give us the opportunity to identify who exactly is taking that sweet, sweet Microsoft payola! I don't think there will be any surprises.

Maybe it's just because GiantBomb isn't big enough.

While I do understand that GiantBomb may not be as big as IGN and some other sites, I would disagree that they are not worth MS's time. In this case MS toted " GAMES,GAMES, GAMES!" as their message for this E3 and GiantBomb arguably had one of the most vocal group of subscribers. (look no further than our own GB threads)

Weird that they'd cancel with GiantBomb. Not because uhmygawd bias, but more so that they probably wouldn't sandbag or ask too many pressing questions.

They've never held feet to the fire, not their style.

If it is only GiantBomb, then maybe they did have a conflict. It can happen.

daebo

Is there a link to where Sessler says there are no 1 on 1? Did Sony cancel them or never had them in the first place?

RdN

They definitely didn't figure out things yet, after the flood of misinformation that came from one on one interviews after the May 21 conference, they really can't afford to have multiple people saying different things again.

It's just safer to stick with pre-backed public releases.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What! This is really fucking bizarre. Gonna be a very interesting E3.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Before things go out of control: what's this about Sony not having any time for press?

Did they announce round tables and/one-on-ones with the press then cancel them just like MS?
Were they planning on having either or both in the first place?
Historically speaking, did either or both companies always have these sessions? Are the cancelations unprecedented?

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Aren't video games meant to be fun? Shouldn't their be an atmosphere of giddy anticipation surrounding a new console?

How has it gone so wrong?

Everything building up to Microsoft's new machine has felt more like the dread of waiting for some new draconian act to be passed into law than it has the hype of a new games console.

Squire

Banned
I thought they had like 15 exclusive games? But as I said before, it wouldn't matter the games if they still have DRM.

Not for executives, no.

Those 15 games have developers you can talk to. Questions about the console itself would be directed at executives.

Cudder

You guys are all missing what's really happening here.

Microsoft is going to have such an info-filled conference, that the media/gamers couldn't possibly have any questions to ask them about the Xbox One.

Right?

Feorax

If it was sony there would have been a shitstorm by the gaming media.

Not that they deserved any in the first place, but their goodwill and the benefit of the doubt has to be evaporating at an alarming rate by now, even for the worst of the apologists in the media.

ronito

Actually its a smart move. They know momentum is against them no need for them to do interviews they'll get enough press time as it is and the press isn't ballsy enough to embargo them if they withhold interviews (I remember one studio tried to do this with a movie and the press essentially said they'd embargo printing anything about it and that changed their minds) on top of that Microsoft has been downright terrible at messaging. Why take the risk?

So MS's brilliant plan is to stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes, and pretend everything's alright?

You don't know what Microsoft has in store for June 10th. Maybe they'll explain some things in the E3 presentation or release a statement afterwards, doing away with the need for one on one interviews. Or maybe they haven't worked out all the details and don't want to start another debacle by answering questions that aren't ready to be answered.

jschreier

As far as I know, our interviews are still on. I don't know who they're canceling or why they're doing it - and if they really just want softballs, I can't imagine they'd want to meet with Stephen - but it's very bizarre.

If they were to tell us what we can or can't ask about, or stonewall us on the important issues, we'd most definitely report that. Just as we've been reporting how they've confused everyone in the world: http://kotaku.com/chart-how-microsoft-confused-everyone-with-the-xbox-on-510382385

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Aren't video games meant to be fun? Shouldn't their be an atmosphere of giddy anticipation surrounding a new console?

How has it gone so wrong?

Everything building up to Microsoft's new machine has felt more like the dread of waiting for some new draconian act to be passed into law than it has the hype of a new games console.

Well said.

Top Bottom