• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

pswii60

Nolan. said:
Well some people are already running with the ''a large focus on vehicles'' which at face value suggests just collecting and building.
Should have made their press release clearer. Let me try:

Banjo KazooieTM: Nuts & Bolts(R) brings the classic franchise to a whole new generation, seductively combining classic platforming with a brand new innovative gameplay mechanic from the genius minds at RareTM. Collect items to build and customise your own contraptions and vehicles. Use these contraptions to help complete tasks and missions in another crazy mind-bending Banjo adventure!

I won't give up my day job.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I still find something very unsettling about killing the pinatas... I really hated to do it :lol "Your garden is too full" Well, um, ok squazell #37, time to join your pinata brothers in heaven :(

George K. said:
We've been referring to them internally as contraptions.

How strict are the rules that govern what can be built and actually used in the world, is it confined to vehicles that will "work"or can we built static pieces that serve no real purpose as a vehicle?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
The Innocent X said:
Yeah, with full LIPS integration. BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

"For the first time ever, you will be able to taste, suck and swallow the game!"

I would suck Marcus' Lancer.

NeXuSDK

Francias Castiglione said:
How strict are the rules that govern what can be built and actually used in the world, is it confined to vehicles that will "work"or can we built static pieces that serve no real purpose as a vehicle?

I mentioned this before: pixel art.

Yes, you can build ANYTHING you want in the garage. Only requirement is a seat somewhere, but from there on, you're free to do anything you'd want. I'm sure people will create some cool art out of this :)

NeXuSDK said:

Yes, you can build ANYTHING you want in the garage. Only requirement is a seat somewhere, but from there on, you're free to do anything you'd want. I'm sure people will create some cool art out of this :)

Wow. 3D Pixel Art that shoots things.

Soooo epic.

NeXuSDK

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow. 3D Pixel Art that shoots things.

Soooo epic.

Oh, I guess I never said this: you can colour each object individually (or quickly turn everything into one color). That's how the pixel art can be created :)

pswii60

Jonnyram said:
How do you see vocals?
Adobe-Audition.jpg

oldergamer said:
Oi you, get back in the other thead, we're still waiting.

NeXuSDK said:
Oh, I guess I never said this: you can colour each object individually (or quickly turn everything into one color). That's how the pixel art can be created :)

Niiiiiice. Would something like a trebuchet or catapult be possible?

NeXuSDK

Francias Castiglione said:
Niiiiiice. Would something like a trebuchet or catapult be possible?

Hmm, there already is the detach-object, so you can unhook one part of the vehicle/contraption from the other (they said how they've build a spaceship, where the top part can detach). Maybe this can be used to create a catapult somehow?

NeXuSDK said:
Hmm, there already is the detach-object, so you can unhook one part of the vehicle/contraption from the other (they said how they've build a spaceship, where the top part can detach). Maybe this can be used to create a catapult somehow?

Ye GODS this is going to be such fun.

MCD

NeXuSDK said:

let mw suck your bolt.

Nolan.

Orodreth said:
I hope we can keep/reuse our previous gardens and piñatas.

With the Pinartic area i suppose the Jeli (yeti) will pay us a visit.

Btw, the most irritating for me were the swananas in VP1, too cooky, always fighting.

Looks like it

Agree, at least please make allow much more items per garden so this time is possible to really customize how you want each of them.

I don't think I did manage to ever get a swanana :( I had sandwiches and everything but it was so snooty it ignored it. Two of my favourite pinatas were the monkeys ( cinnamonkey and boonboon) but they kept fighting no matter what. Anyway re-using some pinatas and stuff in your garden from vp1 would be great especially since the requirements for some pinatas are long.

[Nintex]

Wow, you can build anything? A boat-airplane-bike-spaceship-hybrid with movable arms and a detachable submarine... omfg so awesome.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
NeXuSDK said:

You'd still need some kind of elastic object though to fire it.

Kafel

Banned
Content: Ninja Gaiden II Launch Trailer HD
Price: Free
Availability: Canada and United States
Size: 55.31 MB
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD AND GORE,INTENSE VIOLENCE,PARTIAL NUDITY,SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Experience exhilarating ninja combat as Ryu Hayabusa returns to avenge his clan in the true sequel to Ninja Gaiden. Explore in-game cinematics and beautifully gory, high intensity gameplay

Can someone check ?

Banjo sounds like Grand Theft Auto lite with platforming elements. You can ride anywhere and do missions, side quests, etc but the vehicles are more fun and the free roam world is broken up into levels.

They just stripped out the violence and sex and put in a greater emphasis on vehicles.

I love it.

faberpach

sneaky77 said:
any sites going to do any live blogging for this event?

There is no word of the event in any of the major sites... so i wouldn't coun't on it...

I hope we can find some more info or videos on xbm later...

If anyone knows places to get the info please tell

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Banjo sounds like Grand Theft Auto lite with platforming elements. You can ride anywhere and do missions, side quests, etc but the vehicles are more fun and the free roam world is broken up into levels.

Doesn't sound anything like GTA to me.

NeXuSDK

Ok, I just wanted to share a few more of my pictures with all of you, to give you a bit more insight on some things.

First a picture of the garage, where a construction is underway:
banjo.jpg

The construction continues. The numbers indicate how many objects in the category you are allowed to place on your contraption in total:
banjo2.jpg

And so this vehicle, designed from scratch, embraces the world:
banjo3.jpg

It now flies, thanks to a propella placed on top of it:
banjo4.jpg

And now for some quick real-time changes to the design:
banjo5.jpg

This other design with downwards-angled engines gets up pretty high:
banjo6.jpg

Another design with wings seems to get forward and steer a bit better:
banjo7.jpg

Artwork of a few vehicle pieces (we only got to play around with a few):
banjo8.jpg

And last, some VP concept art love :)
vp.jpg

Nolan.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

They just stripped out the violence and sex and put in a greater emphasis on vehicles.

I love it.

You don't get to steal peoples already made vehicles though...

Nolan.

Hmmm banjo3 is looking to be a lot better than I thought it would turn out to be, hoping it plays just as well.

Rlan

While the idea of making all these contraptions SOUND great.. I'm worried it'll end up being like Kingdom Hearts I & II's Gummi Ship - in which I didn't give a shit. :|

Ghost said:
Doesn't sound anything like GTA to me.

The fact that Showdown town is infinitely larger than anything Rare has ever made and you drive in it plus do missions, sidequests, collectathons, etc?

Same thing to me- just minus the whores, crime (like theft) and with a more E rated form of violence.

Stridone

Banned
Who the fuck thought those vehicles were a good idea? I want classic platforming goodness, not this modern vehicular bullshit. This is not Banjo-like at all. I'm fucking dissapointed, Banjo is one of my favorite franchises...

I'd take a Banjo Kazooie HD remake over this...

Ryuuga

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Someday we'll look back on all that scuttlebutt and laugh. Someday meaning three and a half hours from now.

Merry times will be had. I simply can't wait. I'll have to tune in from the work though....damn.

EDIT: Wow!!!! Those shots look incredible.

Top Bottom