• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS paint thread - Recreate the awesome with bad tools

Been too long since I saw one of these threads. My entry, bring on the paintage:

Saren.jpg

IrishNinja

you can clearly see what i was going for here, but got carried away when i thought "wait, paste from is a totally legit option."
I'm sorry.

1250997508.jpg

i'd like to think this image's name is so beautiful, it cant be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it.

OnPoint

My entries from the last thread. I'll make some more in the coming days. Done freehand on my tablet with a reference picture on my desktop, except Feel the Magic and Ninja Gaiden, which were done with a mouse.

cvania.jpg

cvania18.jpg

ninjagaiden.jpg

feelthemagicfinal.jpg

SAMUS21.jpg

IrishNinja

holy crap, those castlevania ones make me feel more shame for my katamari efforts than prior...well done, man! and that metroid one was in paint as well? piss.

IrishNinja said:
holy crap, those castlevania ones make me feel more shame for my katamari efforts than prior...well done, man! and that metroid one was in paint as well? piss.

I wish I had a tablet. Maybe my saren wouldn't look like a gremlin.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Ahhhh, this is a bad time for me, I'm too busy to contribute anything right now. Sorry! :(

Have fun without me though, these threads are always joyful so make the most of the time and MSPaint some awesome shit!

OnPoint

SovanJedi said:
Ahhhh, this is a bad time for me, I'm too busy to contribute anything right now. Sorry! :(

Have fun without me though, these threads are always joyful so make the most of the time and MSPaint some awesome shit!

Your stuff is ace though. I hope that you show up mid-thread and drop justice upon us all, when you DO have the time.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Back in the day, before shitty friends, furry drama, epic storylines and crappy rock music.. Back when it was all about a fat man and a blue hedgehog...

sonic1.jpg

Alphahawk

Combichristoffersen said:
Back in the day, before shitty friends, furry drama, epic storylines and crappy rock music.. Back when it was all about a fat man and a blue hedgehog...

sonic1.jpg

I was stuck on that one forever as a kid, until I learned that you could hide under the platforms.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Alphahawk said:
I was stuck on that one forever as a kid, until I learned that you could hide under the platforms.

I never had a problem with the Sonic 1 bosses, but it took me like 16 years to beat the Metropolis Zone boss in Sonic 2 :lol:

senahorse

HooYaH said:
MSPaint on Windows 7 aint really shitty anymore, so there might be some quality looking art.

Is it really that different though? I know the layout has completely changed but it still seems to contain the same features. However being a klutz at drawing I don't know what to look for to definitively tell one way or another.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hey, maybe Pureauthor has finished his piece by now. You've had since the last topic to get it done, that's plenty of warning! :lol

(Right topic this time, hopefully...)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
plasmasd said:
That is awesome!

dI7y6u.jpg

4W2hJY.jpg

^ Don't know which look better >_<

xntwny.jpg

^ From Tales of Phantasia

Then I copied the background from a lovely part in Secret of Mana:

ApbsQo.jpg

I tried with shadows but :lol :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
....well, alright then, here's a quick one:

Recreation of the final boss battle in Wario Land for the Virtual Boy. In honour of DavidDayton who did it first in the previous topic I decided to make a smaller stereoscopic version to fully recreate the wonderful* Virtual Boy immersive experience. Just cross your eyes and capture the magic for yourselves!

hit_the_nose.gif

*lie.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
PyramidHead.png

And wow, I'm amazed by your Wario VB picture. Good lord, I wish I had a tablet :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
Seiken, you might want to safe your stuff as gif or png. It's good wrk but that jpeg compression really ruins it.
You're right :( They're already ruined now though :lol

Top Bottom