• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS to host Ninja Gaiden 2 tour in selected campuses in the US.

CPaladino

Xbox Community Team
Just to clarify some rules for everyone:

1) The organizers are asking no cameras. They don't want pictures or video yet.

2) The organizers intended this tour for students of the university. I have been told that they will be checking student IDs.

I'm not ignorant enough to assume that you won't sneak in and/or take video - I just felt that I should point out the official rules.

(Go OSU on 4/14!)

KevinCow

Banned
Hey, I could go play Ninja Gaiden II today if I want. Neat.

CPaladino said:
2) The organizers intended this tour for students of the university. I have been told that they will be checking student IDs.
Aww, guess not then.

permutated said:
I apologize, it was meant as a joke, so I edited it. Florida and Illinois are not white trash states, it was a joke.

:| Way to back hand Indiana again, ass! :p

It's all good, I took it as a joke and reacted with my joke angry response of "go to hell".

CPaladino said:

Thank God I keep all my old college IDs on me. ;)

USD

a Master Ninja said:
Where did you end up finding details as to the exact time and place? I don't want to miss it when it's on my campus.
I found info at the school rec center by chance. Can't really help you out sorry.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
CPaladino said:
Just to clarify some rules for everyone:

1) The organizers are asking no cameras. They don't want pictures or video yet.

I'm not ignorant enough to assume that you won't sneak in and/or take video - I just felt that I should point out the official rules.

(Go OSU on 4/14!)

Heh heh - well, so much for video...

Remember everything well then!

Mamesj

Banned
Livin_Lovin said:
They're hoping for some stoner comments on the boards.

I can't imagine being any good at NG while stoned. I guess that depends on if you have good nugs that make you hyper aware or not. :lol

USD

Decided to whip out the good ol' Ninja Gaiden Black to get into the mood. I forgot how brutal Master Ninja is.

FFChris

NG2 has got to be, alongside Fable 2, my most anticipated game this year. The original NG just clicked with me, despite the arkward camera system and difficulty, I love the game.

USD

Just got back. Let me say this first: WOW. Impressions coming, it will take a while to write it all up. Probably will start a new thread. I was one of the only 4 people who played it, I completed the whole first chapter and maybe half of the second. I'm not even sure this was just a demo, it might have been the full game. But yeah, impressions, coming, from one of the first non-video game press to play it.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
USD said:
Just got back. Let me say this first: WOW. Impressions coming, it will take a while to write it all up. Probably will start a new thread. I was one of the only 4 people who played it, I completed the whole first chapter and maybe half of the second. I'm not even sure this was just a demo, it might have been the full game. But yeah, impressions, coming, from one of the first non-video game press to play it.

Itagaki, I bow to your greatness.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
USD said:

Love you.

And oh yeah, Xbox.com described it as the beta version, so it's probably complete content-wise, only missing the fine-tuning and polishing...

Tied with Gears 2, this is my most anticipated game by far for 2008 - I'm going to bed, and I hope to see some awesome impressions when I wake up...

Don't skimp on the details and expect to answer questions!

USD

This is taking me quite some time to write, but I should be finished in the next twenty minutish or so.

USD

Llyranor said:
Only 4 people showed up, or only 4 were allowed to play?
The former. Anyone could have played, but not many seemed interested. The event wasn't very well advertised at all, but was held at the lobby of the rec center, so plenty of people got to see the game and could have played if they chose to.

RBH

GAZERK said:
Way to skip over Emory Uni. Microsoft.
Seriously. :(

Draft said:
Here is the first question:

Can I touch you?
itapoint.gif

USD

USD said:
This is taking me quite some time to write, but I should be finished in the next twenty minutish or so.
Okay I'm a liar, this is taking all eternity. I'll focus on gameplay stuff, and and in other parts later.

USD

Don't want to have a thousand NGII topics on the front page, but the University of Missouri event is supposed to be today. Any UM people going to it?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
USD said:
Don't want to have a thousand NGII topics on the front page, but the University of Missouri event is supposed to be today. Any UM people going to it?

Funny, I was just about the bump the thread before hitting the sack...

a Master Ninja said:
Well shit, they canceled the tour, didn't they?

Yup. I went to Bloomington to see this shit (they were going to charge 15 bucks for some event, but I don't know if I was going to take that lying down) and turns out, it was canceled. Turns out somebody leaked shit to the internet, so MS killed it. Thanks Georgia Tech!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Skiptastic said:
Yup. I went to Bloomington to see this shit (they were going to charge 15 bucks for some event, but I don't know if I was going to take that lying down) and turns out, it was canceled. Turns out somebody leaked shit to the internet, so MS killed it. Thanks Georgia Tech!

Well, damn.

I was wondering why there were no impressions from the weekend dates...

So much for that then I guess...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rottweiler said:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/n/ninjagaiden2/campustour/default.htm

Looks like MS is going all out with this game. These are the campuses

Georgia Tech March 31
University of Missouri April 3
Indiana University-Bloomington April 5-6
University of Louisville April 8
Auburn University April 11-12
Ohio State April 14
University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign April 17
Arizona State April 20
University of Arizona April 28
Florida State University April (date TBD)
I'm going to go twice.

clav

Skiptastic said:
Wow. Way to fuck it up and ruin it for everyone.

HaloFans said:
Wow. Way to fuck it up and ruin it for everyone.
Yeah, because cancelling just because someone leaked a video is TOTALLY professional. MS is the one who pulled the plug, not the guy who posted the video.

IzumiK

Banned
So... why college campuses?

Why not malls or major gaming retailer places?

This is definitely going to put flames on the violent video game ordeal...

Edit: Nm, they cancelled it? what's going on?

Top Bottom