• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS: Xbox One 40x More Powerful Than 360 with the Cloud, Only 10x Without the Cloud

http://stevivor.com/2013/05/microsoft-xbox-australia-on-some-of-todays-lingering-xbox-one-questions/

Is this the long fabled 'secret sauce'? Would combining this with 8GB GDDR5 and coding to the metal result in real life graphics?

“It’s also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we’re effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]. If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there’s no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go. I think that’s a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who’s going to pick up the Xbox One console.”

Man

Haha. They will keep talking about this and it will never become reality.
You can't rely on cloud computations for a realtime graphics pipeline. If so, why even release a new console...
Watch all multiplatform games be inferior to PS4 outings.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
who are they kidding with this? even if its slightly true. What happens on launch day when the servers are fucked? oh right.. Sim City/Diablo III happens. What devs get access to the special cloud computer?!

tldr: secret sauce taste like shit.

Game over Sorny.

zX0TA.gif

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I'd really want to see a tech demo of the could doing well, something, before I believe any of this.

i never see anything besides jokes in threads like this. can anybody explain to me how this would work? please ?

No one knows, hence the jokes. It's also been used as a BS excuse to justify always online by EA.

Top Bottom