• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MTV Presents: The Next Generation of Xbox Revealed | Xbox 360 Whinging Thread

Soul4ger

Ryan Cabrera is in!

I wish they'd talk more about the system and the games, not just show three seconds of footage per game than do all this extraneous shit. But I guess that's MTV for you.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
New Joanna looks like a lush.

newsguy

FUCK YOU MTV for only having 1 segment and it's 9:50!!!!! FUCK YOU Tony Hawk with your shitty graphics and repetetive gameplay. FUCK YOU Ashlee Simpson's boyfriend for being a gay gamer.

J2 Cool

Ryan Cabrera and Elijah Wood will walk me into the new world of gaming , i mean could you really think of anyone better ?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
My Rare Question:

"Do you miss Nintendo?"

Soul4ger

Controller looks nice. But I wish they'd show the stuff that's never been in an FPS before, to quote that foul-mouthed girl.

trilobyte

wow this is weak

showing everyone playing the game but not the game itself

though judging by the screens released, that may be a good thing

microsoft fucked this one up hardcore

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jesus the editing in this special is atrocious. after watching this, i don't care much about x360/next gen even more

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What a shitty waste of 30 mins :|

J2 Cool

Where the hell was the deathmatch??! Fucking live deathmatch? It was quick shots of fucking Fez and everyone else's blank stare. This is worse than I even thought MTV would do. I don't think they kept the camera on a game for more than 10 seconds.

Doube D

Kutaragi san is sittin somewhere w/ a HUGE smile on his face. Sony couldn't have possibly hurt x360 sales like MS just did IMO. lol

vitaflo

Well if that's the next gen....I'm highly disappointed. I hope to god PS3 and Rev have something better to show than this. It didn't even look as good as a lot of PC games. Horrible.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AirBrian said:
Most Wanted looks hot!

Did that girl just say "FPS" as opposed to "first-person shooter"? :lol :lol

MTV sucks.

i also liked the comment when she said that

"wow this game has things i've never seen in a EFF-PEE-ESS"

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Worst video Game show ever, even worse then the 1st spike tv video game award show.

Worst_Show_Ever.jpg

Drek

Chronicles of Riddick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PD:Zero....
My thoughts exactly. I'm assuming they were on HDTVs since MS is even planning on having them for kiosks, which could account for the only real difference, picture quality.

How sad is that? Talk about coming up short.

TheDuce22

Banned
Nba2k looked photorealistic. The rest of the stuff in that segment looked like cg. Perfect Dark and Tony Hawk looked like garbage though.

siege

Banned
So was that Need for Speed and NBA game footage pre-rendered? Those were the only two games that looked like something I'd consider being 'next-gen.'

BuddyC

That was hilarious. The upcoming games clip was a laugh riot, Saint's Row being the crown jewel. Oh Microsoft, I sure hope things are different at launch. What a horrid, horrid first impression.

To be fair, MS has a horrible reputation with their first showings. Remember their first E3? Or when playable Xbox kiosks first appeared in stores and only Oddworld was playable?

PGR3 looked awesome, Quake 4 will be excellent, holding off on PDZero until I see single-player movies, more art, etc.

And all of this pimp my ride/custom nonsense, bah. Just show me the damned games more fully come E3. The band seemed alright, they should benefit more than anything else out of this.

PS2 KID

Now think about this.. Microsoft, you have HUNGRY gamers STARVING for a look at your Next Generation Console watching your show and you have nothing.. barely anything worth showing for a half hour time slot. The didn't show nearly enough footage.. I'm dying for a tech demo here! A FUCKING TECH DEMO. .. okay.. I'll calm down. :(

trmas

Banned
PD0 looks like crap. Makes DOA4 look like a piece of art. Not impressed at all, and will definately wait to see what Sony and Nintendo have to show.

Pathetic, MS. Simply pathetic.

fse

PD0 looks... bland. Gears of War looks stunning. For fucking sakes Kameo looks better than PD0 :\.

Top Bottom