• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muckraking Tabloid Journalist Jason Schreier upset at a new game studio "Lacking Diversity in 2021"

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm sorry what? what does that means?

It's nonsense. I'm all for inclusion and diversity. Hell, I'm even down with taking the knee in football if the footballers all want to take part, but to enforce this in the workplace is just insane.

It won't go through. Basically it was an idea by one of our "diversity leaders" in a quarterly meeting. There was a lot of positive reaction, but I've heard that people have complained (non white people in fact) and it would be impossible to enforce.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It is insane that these people think the path to inclusiveness is to silence everyone with a differing opinion. Hands down the most hypocritical and dangerous people on the planet.
Right. Way more dangerous that the Taliban, CCP, DPRK, Russia, etc. Why the fuck does the US waste money on defending itself against bad regimes when it should be focused on these people instead?

Fuz

Banned
They're even talking about having all staff who work in the office take the knee for 1 minute every Monday
That's fucking ridiculous.

Where do you live? Can you get fired for refusing to do so?

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That's fucking ridiculous.

Where do you live? Can you get fired for refusing to do so?

Lol. South England, but I don't need to worry. It won't work and I'm about to change employers anyway.

Faithless83

Banned
"I have a dream that DEVs will one day work in a industry where they will not be judged by the gender/sexuality/color of their skin, but by their talent."

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I just wanted to point out that he fashions himself a muckraker, but he's not. He's out for number one. Hence all the clickbait and inaccurate reporting while he parades around as some kind of warrior for the little guy.

They talk about toxic power dynamics and all that, but what is it when a top gaming journalist with zero accountability torpedoes a startup without giving them an opportunity to respond?

I love how he'll of course ignore pointing out that "how can a game be good with no diversity!?". When of course games of the past (and current) that come from Japan are all made by 99% Japanese devs.
It has become incredibly obvious to me that what these people mean when they say "diverse" is actually "people who aren't caucasian / men". I can't remember where but a couple of years ago I remember seeing a photoshoot described as "diverse". Said "diverse" group pictured was a racially and sexually homogenous group of black women. Following that line of logic a Japanese studio is diverse because most of its members are Japanese.

Interfectum

If we start doing that, we become just as bad as Resetera.
crushed noo GIF

Top Bottom