• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiplayer Mod being made for Breath of The Wild

Blam

Fooni on the REGNR8 Discord server posted some pictures of a mod they are working for BoTW (CEMU) which will allow 2 people to play locally side by side.

They mention that this will most likely take a year or so to be finished or at least in a playable state. They have mentioned it works by changing the location of an NPC, and model swapping to link. Then sending all inputs through each game.

BotW-Multiplayer1.png

BotW-MultiplayerMod.png

Mod me into a MP game if old

Mariolee

Whoa cool. Multiplayer mode Zelda for me is just splitting the joycons to different people and watching the chaos unfold as they work together.

And it's hilarious.

watershed

Banned
That's aweseome. 3d Zelda with multiplayer is the next frontier for Nintendo to tackle themselves. Imagine a 4 Swords Adventure of Tri-Force Heroes set in a BOTW-like world with big dungeons to tackle. That would be amazing. Fighting a bunch of Lynels together, riding around on horses, etc.

Machina

Banned
I know it's an insane proposition and Nintendo will never do it in a million years (their idea of an MMO is Pokemon Go.......), but a Zelda MMO where you can play as any race would be mindblowing

Seik

Banned
Who gets the Master Sword?

Me: Go ahead bud, take it, I don't even care about it! *Slowly turns sideways and prepares a chloroform rag*
Friend: Cool man, thanks, I really wanted it so that's perfect! *Doubting, slowly raise a hidden knife from his pants.*

kami_sama

That's absolutely genius.
One thing is having a pc game that doesn't have mp, like Just cause 2 and 3, and adding mp. You have access to the files, and there is a good amount of modding already, and another is having a very complicated emulated game, and doing the same.

jts

...hate me...
Yeah, always thought it was a missed opportunity for Nintendo with BotW.

Hell, even if announced as a 2018 expansion.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'll be excited if it ever comes remotely close to completion. Till then, I'll think of this as every Jurassic Park mod for Cry Engine that's ever been announced.

Just Cause 3 multiplayer mod was just released, so stranger things huh?

This is why my Switch with Breath of the Wild is collecting dust. All I can say is Nintendo fucked up hard by not putting this on PC, think of how much money they could've made off it. Now everyone is pirating it to play on Cemu at 4K/21:9 and now even with multiplayer. God knows what other crazy shit people will do with it once it becomes even more playable than it already is.

Edit: Not port begging. Why would I be? It's already done. I'm just addressing the reality that every Nintendo console has been emulated (and will in the future) and they can either make money off an audience that sees their hardware as nothing but an inferior nuisance or continue pretending like it doesn't exist.

jts

...hate me...
This is why my Switch with Breath of the Wild is collecting dust. All I can say is Nintendo fucked up hard by not putting this on PC, think of how much money they could've made off it. Now everyone is pirating it to play on Cemu at 4K/21:9 and now even with multiplayer. God knows what other crazy shit people will do with it once it becomes even more playable than it already is.

They made money out of you and out of millions more. Your dusty Switch is money in the bank to them.

They made money out of you and out of millions more. Your dusty Switch is money in the bank to them.

And when the Switch is inevitably emulated, how much will they have lost on Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Metroid/Xenoblade/No More Heroes 3 sales? If I were a stockholder, I'd be angry because while the Switch has been incredibly successful... I think there's an argument to be made that it was negligent to not release their games to people who have historically and will inevitably get their hands on them anyways and profit off them. A large portion of these people who play on emulators see their hardware as nothing but a nuisance.

And when the Switch is inevitably emulated, how much will they have lost on Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Metroid/Xenoblade/No More Heroes 3 sales? If I were a stockholder, I'd be angry because while the Switch has been incredibly successful... I think there's an argument to be made that it was negligent to not release their games to people who have historically and will inevitably get their hands on them anyways and profit off them.

Considering the system requirements for emulation, not much.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I swear this is some lost /v/ post. Or a portbeg which isn't actually away from home in gaf.

jts

...hate me...
And when the Switch is inevitably emulated, how much will they have lost on Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Metroid/Xenoblade/No More Heroes 3 sales? If I were a stockholder, I'd be angry because while the Switch has been incredibly successful... I think there's an argument to be made that it was negligent to not release their games to people who have historically and will inevitably get their hands on them anyways and profit off them.
Pirates will pirate games in any case. Certainly not guaranteed that the Switch will get emulated anytime soon, as other weaker systems haven't yet (Vita).

A game like BotW 2 might as well bring in a few more Switch sales for those that loved playing the first one on PC.

"everyone"

yeah, sure. good bait though.

Considering the system requirements for emulation, not much.

Honestly it looks like the average Steam user could do it. All it takes is a quad core, 8GB of memory and a $150-200 graphics card (and that's while these emulators are mid-development and fairly unoptimized).
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

"everyone"

yeah, sure. good bait though.

How many people do you think are going out there and buying a copy just so they're morally in the right to play it on Cemu? How many of those people would've bought it if it were to pop up on Steam. Pirates will pirate, but I don't think it's fair to say everyone pirating it on PC would have done so if they could've bought it on their platform.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Nintendo definitely did not fuck putting this on pc I'm sad to say. Look at MS look at the PR from having "no exclusives" despite it being a good thing that I applaud and look at their value proposition to a consumer.

It's not good let's just say that. If you give a damn about your hardware putting your first party exclusives on pc is a poor idea. It only makes sense to microsoft because they own the largest OS thus aids them both directly and indirectly. Nintendo gains extremely little comparitively.

Which is why nintendo does not even acknowledge pc. The best bet would be their smartphone style games.

godofrawr

Banned

Edit: Not port begging. Why would I be? It's already done. I'm just addressing the reality that every Nintendo console has been emulated (and will in the future) and they can either make money off an audience that sees their hardware as nothing but an inferior nuisance or continue pretending like it doesn't exist.

You're a little delusional if a handful of sleezy pirates is "everybody". You could make the same argument about Sony as well, but I'm sure you won't because it's not hip to shitpost about Sony HW. MS is the only one of the big 3 to put games on PC, because PC is Microsoft's platform. They have vested interest in the success of Win10 as a gaming platform. Both Sony and Nintendo need to incentivize purchasing their hardware by having a strong line up of exclusives. There is little to no reason for either to release games on PC, since it discourages people from buying their profitable HW.
So yeah, don't be dumb.

eot

Banned

This post is insanity

Nintendo fucked up by not putting Breath of the Wild on PC? What on earth am I reading..

War3333

Honestly it looks like the average Steam user could do it. All it takes is a quad core, 8GB of memory and a $150-200 graphics card (and that's while these emulators are mid-development and fairly unoptimized).
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

How many people do you think are going out there and buying a copy just so they're morally in the right to play it on Cemu? How many of those people would've bought it if it were to pop up on Steam. Pirates will pirate, but I don't think it's fair to say everyone pirating it on PC would have done so if they could've bought it on their platform.

The average steam user have plenty of games to play that resorting to emulate a title on the Wii U with all the hassle that come with it.

The people that buy it for a moral code will probably be around the same that will have bought at the full price, and knowing Nintendo policy on sale and discount it will probably never goes on sale during the steam sale period or apply to it with very little discount percentage. So very few people, even less the one that will do to play the title with a modification bigger than a cheat code.

Also probably Nintendo would have resorted to DENUVO or another DRM so many would had pirated it as a "protest"

wrowa

That's really cool and interesting!

Have they shared their current progress already? Would love to know what you can and can't do in their current build. Like, if the second player is just an NPC with a Link model are monster even reacting to P2? Can NPCs enter shrines and dungeons?

H

I honestly think you're severely overestimating the amount of people playing the game on cemu.

I've known people who were PC gamers that picked up the game and a Switch because it suited them. Vice versa with the Wii U.

I'll pass on emulating the Wii U. This probably works on a real console if you have it hacked.

Wish this was online but I don't believe there's any online support anywhere in the game.

Top Bottom