• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiplayer Project Director left Infinity Ward after 4 months, now back at Respawn

Quentyn

Back in March of this year, Activision revealed to Polygon that alongside Mark Rubin’s departure, Todd Alderman joined Infinity Ward as Multiplayer Project Director. Alderman was part of the original Infinity Ward Zampella-era team that departed during the law suit back in 2010. Alderman departed along with Zampella and worked for Respawn. He then left Respawn as well and joined Riot Games.

However in February of this year, Alderman came back to Infinity Ward as Multiplayer Project Director, even stating that he never expected to be able to come back. But, according to his Linkedln page, he only worked at Infinity Ward for 4 months. He left in May 2015, and as of June 2015, he’s back at Respawn as the Lead Multiplayer Designer. It’s unclear as to why he decided to depart Infinity Ward so quickly.

Activision made a big deal out of his hiring back in March.

http://charlieintel.com/2015/11/17/todd-alderman-left-infinity-ward-after-4-months-back-at-respawn/

zsynqx

Yer posted this in the other thread. Not sure what to make of this other than can't f*cking wait till Respawn's next game.

antitrop

Yeah, I can understand why someone would rather work on Titanfall 2 than Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 or whatever the hell they're doing over there at IW.

zsynqx

I think that is what they're working on.

What gives you the impression it will be f2p? We know they hired the God of War 3 director, and I assume he is leading up a campaign for the next game, so not sure how that would fit into the F2P model; unless it was an evolution of "campaign multiplayer," or whatever the hell they called it.

antitrop

What gives you the impression it will be ftp? We know they hired the God of War 3 director, and I assume he is leading up a campaign for the next game, so not sure how that would fit into the FTP model; unless it was an evolution of "campaign multiplayer," or whatever the hell they called it.

Ya, I've been assuming that the not-Titanfall 2 game that they've been working on would be single-player.

tuxfool

Banned
What gives you the impression it will be ftp? We know they hired the God of War 3 director, and I assume he is leading up a campaign for the next game, so not sure how that would fit into the FTP model; unless it was an evolution of "campaign multiplayer," or whatever the hell they called it.

I seem to recall reading that is what they were doing. OFC I could be mistaken, the report could be mistaken, or they may even be doing both.

You're thinking of Nexon's game.

Aha. Thanks.

kuYuri

Such a strange thing it was for him to return to IW/Activision after suing his former employers and now leaving again. I can't imagine he contributed that much after spending so little time there.

The other thing is they hired yet another former Naughty Dog person. Hmm.

Top Bottom