• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Halo Insiders Teasing Nov 15th Multiplayer Stealth Drop - Reddit/Twitter

ClosBSAS

lol poor bf indeed. but they fucking deserve it. shits so broken. refunded bf 2042 to get halo campaign. lets hope al lis true.

Reactions: Isa

MrFunSocks

Banned

This particular code expired but the process is the same any day, just buy 12 month gold from "cheap" countries and convert to GP ultimate.
Ah ok, yeh I’m not about to go breaking TOS and risk getting an account ban and lose hundreds of games just to save a few bucks.

noise36

Ah ok, yeh I’m not about to go breaking TOS and risk getting an account ban and lose hundreds of games just to save a few bucks.
This isnt new mate, people been doing it for years, no one is getting banned for giving MS money.

Last edited:
Be a great move to have Halo MP available during the entire holiday shopping season.

Only downer, me thinks, is that its so soon after FH5 released. Almost disrespectful so soon. Halo would bury FH5 buzz-wise.
People can play both or not be a fan of halo.

I don’t think COD or Battlefield needs to worry about losing fans to halo either. Halo caters to a very specific i type of player and it’s not the ones that play COD or Battlefield.

Forza has its own buzz, they too will be fine. Once casuals see descope is in halo they will go right back to Forza, COD, battlefield.

People can play both or not be a fan of halo.

I don’t think COD or Battlefield needs to worry about losing fans to halo either. Halo caters to a very specific i type of player and it’s not the ones that play COD or Battlefield.

Forza has its own buzz, they too will be fine. Once casuals see descope is in halo they will go right back to Forza, COD, battlefield.
Descope is the line that separates halo from the modern shooters and I'm glad 343 chose to hold that line!

Andodalf

Banned
The TTK is why Halo has always been my favorite shooter. Higher TTK means more skill involved compared the other 2 big franchises. (BF & CoD)
100%

IMO halo MP is built around 2 things.

1. Map Control
2. The Outplay

It doesn't matter if they see you first, or even if they have a better gun, there's an opportunity for you to just play better. That's why I loved H5 with it's magnum starts, that thing had a crazy level of skill gap

mxbison

Anyone did the pre-install on PC?

It said 50gb but took like 1 minute. Guess it was just some kind of launcher?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This is very cool, if true, which it looks to be.

I only wish it was for the campaign, but I’ll try out the multiplayer and enjoy this news from a marketing perspective.
Great year for Xbox and GP.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Wish it was a campaign demo tbh but excited to see what Infinite looks like on my Series S if the rumors are true.

Reactions: Isa

Kev Kev

joker-nurse.gif

Descope is the line that separates halo from the modern shooters and I'm glad 343 chose to hold that line!

And the map design. And the combat triangle. And the set weapons spawns. And the ttk.

The TTK is why Halo has always been my favorite shooter. Higher TTK means more skill involved compared the other 2 big franchises. (BF & CoD)

100%

IMO halo MP is built around 2 things.

1. Map Control
2. The Outplay

It doesn't matter if they see you first, or even if they have a better gun, there's an opportunity for you to just play better. That's why I loved H5 with it's magnum starts, that thing had a crazy level of skill gap
All reasons why people need to stop worrying about "oh poor battlefield and COD" Or people thinking Halo is going to strip people from.those two player bases. Everything described above is a turn off to those majority player bases.

I know it will take me a full week to get use to not scoping at all in Halo. It goes against everything in my DNA since COD4 And Bad Company 2.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Neither has more skill involved.

A person who can't aim will be shredded in a game with low ttk.

Theres not more skill involved in spraying your gun while going up close so you can melee someone.

I'm going to play infinite, but I can't deny the series ttk annoys me. Maybe because I am a PC Gamer at heart and finds it kinda weird a dude can survive to AR mags only to die from a head bump.

Theres not more skill involved in spraying your gun while going up close so you can melee someone.

I'm going to play infinite, but I can't deny the series ttk annoys me. Maybe because I am a PC Gamer at heart and finds it kinda weird a dude can survive to AR mags only to die from a head bump.
Strongly disagree, if someone starts shooting you in the back in cod there's a high chance you die. In Halo, you can easily turn on them if you have the skill.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Agree.

Higher TTK means it's easier to get away from noobs by jumping 15 ft away and letting shield regen.

In COD, I dont care if someone is the best COD player in the world. If he doesnt use some good run and gun, camping or ducking behind cover skills, he'll get dropped in a fraction of a second.

But some people can still pull off being hard to kill.

It's 10x tougher to avoid being killed in COD than Halo.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Strongly disagree, if someone starts shooting you in the back in cod there's a high chance you die. In Halo, you can easily turn on them if you have the skill.
This .

Your last sentence clearly shows that you don't understand or play a lot of Halo . No one play like this in higher level , it's all about landing 4-shots BR duel or bouncing a grenade perfectly plus BR headshot . You'll be dead before reaching melee range against someone who's good in BR

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
This .

Your last sentence clearly shows that you don't understand or play a lot of Halo . No one play like this in higher level , it's all about landing 4-shots BR duel . You'll be dead before reaching melee range against someone who's good in BR

Yeah a fundamental element of the game is the skill gap precision weapons give. The AR is nice and steady. If you miss shots against it, you will die. If you hit all your shots, you kill him. If you just whip out your AR, or miss just one shot you may trade.

Agree.

Higher TTK means it's easier to get away from noobs by jumping 15 ft away and letting shield regen.

In COD, I dont care if someone is the best COD player in the world. If he doesnt use some good run and gun, camping or ducking behind cover skills, he'll get dropped in a fraction of a second.

But some people can still pull off being hard to kill.

It's 10x tougher to avoid being killed in COD than Halo.

halo is an arena shooter dummy. The levels are designed to promote engagement. I had a 4+ kd in MW2 on 360 with plenty of nukes, flawless games, and hundreds of thousands of kills. I don't think my 'skills' were that elite. If you're playing bad opponents and have patience, you can easily accomplish this. In Halo 5, for instance, even if you're playing opponents below your skill level, it will be difficult to maintain a flawless game without all the free kills that an experienced COD player is able to farm.

It says on the product page. Maybe check?
"Amazon Prime customers will have priority access to the Xbox Series X - Halo Infinite Limited Edition Console Bundle until November 15, 2021."
Product page for the UK doesn’t list Amazon unfortunately. Hoping there’s another drop. Would love one of those consoles.

Rickyiez

Yeah a fundamental element of the game is the skill gap precision weapons give. The AR is nice and steady. If you miss shots against it, you will die. If you hit all your shots, you kill him. If you just whip out your AR, or miss just one shot you may trade.
Exactly. AR is good in close quarter but it will never get you far over relying on it. You will just get kited unable to finish because there are so many corners and walls to be utilized. This alone highlights how much higher skillcaps compared to other shooter. The only other modern shooter that is comparable is Apex Legend. (excluding Fortnite because it's more like a builder)

Last edited:
Top Bottom