• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST2K

I hope it's real and I hope Toriyama is directing and Lightning is in it as a hidden character and

hWphjjv.gif

I'll believe when I see it with my own two eyes. I highly doubt SE would put in the resources for a full remake of FFVII considering they still need to release FFXV and KH 3.

Sid

I wonder how many of these 'rumors' will actullay come true? TLG,Shenmue 3,Crash Bandicoot and now FF 7 remake?

j1aNa01.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Like many big rumoured games, I'm not going to believe it till it is on stage and is officially announced. I can hope, but I'm not going to believe any of these rumours, that way it is also so much more exciting when they are shown off.

Siliconera, also responsible for the Front Mission rumor.

A 2017 release of an PS4 game from the company that couldn't simultaneously work on XIII and Versus XIII. Okay, sure.

Ishan

Lol okay now all we need is someone to say sources say hl3 and agent ... Seriously sources for tlg shenmue ffviii AND banjo battletoads ... Ppl are going completely
Overboard this e3 ...

Faustek

TLG
Shenmue
FFVII Remake.

Everyone high on that crazy juice....and I'm joining in. I mean this can't end badly at all

Terrell

Oh FFS!!

Every single bloody year with this shit, can we just get all the Shenmue, TLG and Final Fantasy fans in one place and lock them in until they've processed all the stages of grief and gotten this out of their god-damn system already?

From the outside, your devotion looks cultish and repulsive. Like "I saw God in a piece of toast" cultish and repulsive. Like Scientology cultish and repulsive.

kasane

i mean it was there were only 2 possible outcomes

sony and square was actually trolling us

second is they're actually making it. Its not like they don't know what they're doing.

Takao

Banned
Hell, I'm up this late, can you link a laugher?

With Siliconera it's more like death by a thousand papercuts. You've got a tonne of small issues (confusing typos, completely incorrect translations, same information split across multiple articles, etc.) that continue to creep up. My recent favourite is when they said Yugi was from Duel Masters.

zulux21

With Siliconera it's more like death by a thousand papercuts. You've got a tonne of small issues (confusing typos, completely incorrect translations, same information split across multiple articles, etc.) that continue to creep up. My recent favourite is when they said Yugi was from Duel Masters.

Do you have a better site for japanese news (actual news site not forum)
all the good ones I knew shut down :/ Thus I am just left with Siliconera. Overall I don't mind them though, they make mistakes but unlike sites like kotaku they don't feel like they are trying to clickbait me which makes this article weird.
I'm not sure why people are so sceptical, a remake for 20th anniversary is believable move by SquareEnix.

so was a 10 year after a ps3 tech demo.

The remake people don't even know they don't want. Seriously aside from better graphics do people really think they're going to capture the feel of the original game?

Miruhoggu

Neo Member
Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

23qwerty

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing for sure. They started the project a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.
wat

You would think people would've learned by now. I mean, there is this whole idiom for this: Fool me once, shame on you and so on.

LowParry

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started the project a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

Trying too hard man.

1m5cGgV.gif

Toxi

Banned
Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing for sure. They started the project a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

Dude, you're a junior. Don't do something you may regret.

Suzzopher

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started the project a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Cess007

Duuuuuude

Receipts man.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

If you say something like that...get approval by a mod before hand please o_O I nearly had a heart attack.

camafraid.gif

Go_Ly_Dow

unlikely rumor aside, have you met square enix?
Have you heard of games like Final Fantasy vs 13 or Kingdom hearts 3?

they don't exactly wait until the last minute to announce games.

HOLY FUCKJNG SHIT JUST HIT ME. THIS OS SQUARE ENIX.

THIS IS SQUARE ENIX.

THEY WILL DO IT.

ALL ABOARD BEETCHES.

BELEIEVE!!!!!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeahhh no... there's no way SE could pull something like this off. Just no way. The Last Guardian, yes. Shenmue 3? Doubtful. This? No. Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom