• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLG, Shenmue 3, FF7, somehow Gaming's Holy Trinity is happening at the same E3...

ts6JK.jpg

I see no Half-Life 3 in this post.

Voror

I could see Sony helping with funding. I believe that was even speculated in the past when this rumor came up.

I have no faith that SE wouldn't screw it up though. Or that it wouldn't take forever to be completed.

What would a remake of FFVII even entail, aside from graphics? Still turn based?

Uhm, when did he say this?
This is what he said after the FFVII PS4 port announcement in response to my asking if that troll port was what he reffered to as the real remake since 2013:

Ok well according to that there's basically zero chance of this showing at this E3 beyond a CG teaser at most?

I could see Sony helping with funding. I believe that was even speculated in the past when this rumor came up.

I have no faith that SE wouldn't screw it up though. Or that it wouldn't take forever to be completed.

What would a remake of FFVII even entail, aside from graphics? Still turn based?

You mean with ATB? Presumably a remake wouldn't mess with that too much.

On the other hand, unless it was remade to still be static backgrounds with models moving in front of them, I suspect the moment-to-moment movement through the world would have be done more like a modern game, which might mean changes to the combat as well.

In my fantasy scenario, the entire game would be remade in full 3D just like it was a brand new title.

Maybe it got outsourced to an american company or something and will wind up being like Assassins creed. Imagine, they come out on stage. "this has existed for 8 years".

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Their booth does have some posters covered up. I guess it's that "unannounced game" party they are throwing tonight.

No idea what it is though, and I decided to be surprise instead of asking around :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

Poster has been verified.

Sephzilla

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

d39a26d3.gif~c200

Bousf

Why not just waiting for the event and be blown away by legit surprises!! If this is true, those are MEGATONS, much better if they blow in your face when you're not expecting them.....

But rumors will always be around I guess, let's hope this is true :)

I imagine not only would Sony have to help with funding, but also help with development.
Square-Enix can't even seem to finish one of their mainline FFs in a reasonable amount of time these days, but a full remake of an 18 year old game?

Shiiiiii-it.

At this point I'm concerned with FFXV even making retail by the end of 2016. God knows how KH3's production is going. If (big 'if') a FFXVI has started production or even pre-production, where the hell would that leave a big FFVII Remake?

I dunno... makes my head hurt.

edit: just saw Y2Kev's post. Umm. Holy fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom