• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Industry-Leading professionals criticizing Activision Blizzard

Draugoth

Gold Member

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has joined the chorus of industry professionals criticizing Activision Blizzard, telling staff in an email obtained by Bloomberg that Xbox is "evaluating all aspects of our relationship" with the embattled publisher.

With Xbox and PlayStation both now sending out forceful internal statements about Activision Blizzard, pressure is growing on the board to remove embattled CEO Bobby Kotick. Spencer said he and his executive team are "disturbed and deeply troubled by the horrific events and actions” at Activision Blizzard following this week's revelations that Bobby Kotick knew for years about sexual harassment and was himself a perpetrator of misconduct.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Dj Khaled Keys GIF by Music Choice

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This "glass houses" shit is silly.

MS forced Bill Gates off of their board for merely flirting with an employee vaguely via email.

They've been the kind of HR that whiney grown men would call "woke" since like the 90s.

This wasn't one person doing something bad; the CEO knew of a rape allegation and other accusations and lied to his own board of directors about it and was involved directly in making sure people weren't punished for sexual harassment. Activision did an investigation into an allegation against Dan Bunting, and the investigation concluded he should be fired.. and Kotick said no.

Last edited:

kyoji

Yes. As i mentioned in the other thread:

Probably doing this as PR until he himself gets in the crosshairs.
Hopefully that means that Xbox house is in order when it comes to this type of behavior.
Phil Spencer makes a brave tweet hoping to drown out the sound of bones rattling away in his own closet.
When you start saying these kind of things people start digging into your own past, lets hope this guy is as clean as he acts.

reksveks

Yes. As i mentioned in the other thread:

Probably doing this as PR until he himself gets in the crosshairs.
Hopefully that means that Xbox house is in order when it comes to this type of behavior.
Phil Spencer makes a brave tweet hoping to drown out the sound of bones rattling away in his own closet.
When you start saying these kind of things people start digging into your own past, lets hope this guy is as clean as he acts.
he said it internally? unless you think he was leaking it.

Skifi28

This is a shit take. You don't need to be perfect or holy to talk about or criticize someone doing terrible things.
That's not the point. We live in weird times, even if you've done nothing it's so easy to start some rumours to create scandals and get people fired without much in the way of proof. We've seen it time and again. Perhaps it's best to remain neutral from a distance and a little sceptical rather than fan the flames that can easily go in your direction soon. Let the law handle it, not the twitter mob.

Corporations pretending to care to score social points is horrible. "we're evaluating all aspects of our relationship". What the hell does that even mean? Are you going to stop publishing their games? CoD just came out, what are you going to do about it? Just empty words.

Last edited:
if you're a saint, you and your department have no dirty laundry, sure yeah go ahead, try to score some brownie points from the woke crowd....

but if you're not, just remember, what goes around comes around......

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I predicted in the Ryan thread that his statements would be the first of many. Each that adds to it will just add more weight to Kotick's downfall. Reminds me of Cuomo resigning in slow motion. If Kotick stays in the press for a few more weeks, the pressure will just slowly build.

IntentionalPun

if you're a saint, you and your department have no dirty laundry, sure yeah go ahead, try to score some brownie points from the woke crowd....

but if you're not, just remember, what goes around comes around......
You guys are being so silly.

Activision's own CEO stepped in when their HR recommended someone be fired, and stopped it... an in general knew about all kinds of accusations (many with merit, fully investigated) before all of this mess, and lied (or at least SERIOUSLY misled) his own board of directors about how much he had known about it.

There is a lawsuit from that same board of directors.

This isn't people not being saints, it's a company whose shareholders are suing their CEO over how bad shit got lol

Last edited:
You guys are being so silly.

Activision's own CEO stepped in when their HR recommended someone be fired, and stopped it... an in general knew about all kinds of accusations (many with merit, fully investigated) before all of this mess, and lied (or at least SERIOUSLY misled) his own board of directors about how much he had known about it.

There is a lawsuit from that same board of directors.

This isn't people not being saints, it's a company whose shareholders are suing their CEO over how bad shit got lol

It's still not MS goddamn business,

I would've said, 'Obviously Activision has some internal issues that they will have to deal with, I will just make sure none of those happening in my department'

Period

IntentionalPun

It's still not MS goddamn business,

I would've said, 'Obviously Activision has some internal issues that they will have to deal with, I will just make sure none of those happening in my department'

Period

MS's relationship with Activision.. is certainly MS's business.

Look, all anyone really cares about is money.. if it's better for the bottom line to not associate with Activision, MS will end some relationships. If not? Well they'll make PR statements and see where it goes. That's why the shareholders are suing either way lol Because fucking up like this is bad for business.

Last edited:
MS's relationship with Activision.. is certainly MS's business.

Look, all anyone really cares about is money.. if it's better for the bottom line to not associate with Activision, MS will end some relationships. If not? Well they'll make PR statements and see where it goes. That's why the shareholders are suing either way lol Because fucking up like this is bad for business.

What do Activision internal issues have anything to do with MS-Activision relationsip?!?!?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

What do Activision internal issues have anything to do with MS-Activision relationsip?!?!?
That's up to Microsoft to decide, since it's their business to do so.

If Activision was caught rampantly selling children into sex slavery, would you say the same thing? I somehow doubt it.

Y'all are just all up in your feelings over women accusing men of shit. Maybe take a deep look at yourself if this is your attitude.

Last edited:

elliot5

Do you also think athletes sponsored by Nike or have Nike made products have no place in speaking out against slave labor to make their shoes? What kind of simple minded thinking is this... They're in a business partnership. If their values and decisions internally don't reflect MS/Sony/etcs own then they can put pressure of them as they see fit.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has joined the chorus of industry professionals criticizing Activision Blizzard, telling staff in an email obtained by Bloomberg that Xbox is "evaluating all aspects of our relationship" with the embattled publisher.
Evaluating what? Neither Sony or Microsoft would do more than talk here. Call of Duty and Activision are too valuable to PlayStation and Xbox that they'd ever dare cut ties no matter what the CEO or company did.

That's up to Microsoft to decide, since it's their business to do so.

If Activision was caught rampantly selling children into sex slavery, would you say the same thing? I somehow doubt it.

Y'all are just all up in your feelings over women accusing men of shit. Maybe take a deep look at yourself if this is your attitude.

obviously Sony and MS made it their business, I'm just saying, if you go around judging people, you better be damn sure you're without sins.....because if you're not, you're far worse

K' Dash

Evaluating what? Neither Sony or Microsoft would do more than talk here. Call of Duty and Activision are too valuable to PlayStation and Xbox that they'd ever dare cut ties no matter what the CEO or company did.

Yup, neither will retire their games from their respective stores.

Also, wouldn't that also punish lots of people innocent of this fucked up behavior?

That's not the point. We live in weird times, even if you've done nothing it's so easy to start some rumours to create scandals and get people fired without much in the way of proof. We've seen it time and again. Perhaps it's best to remain neutral from a distance and a little sceptical rather than fan the flames that can easily go in your direction soon. Let the law handle it, not the twitter mob.

Corporations pretending to care to score social points is horrible. "we're evaluating all aspects of our relationship". What the hell does that even mean? Are you going to stop publishing their games? CoD just came out, what are you going to do about it? Just empty words.

Oh fuck off with this attitude people, we aren't talking about things that "supposedly may had happened", we are talking about things that actually happened, further crimes where committed protecting the criminals, and how all as made public.

There's no way to defend all this.
People were raped, people died, the higher ups were recompensed with bonuses for succeeding in suppressing the victims. When all this shitty sugar coating talk stops and you people start showing that you have some moral standards and start demanding accountability? At least stop defending these criminals. The way you people talk are signaling only that "if the was me in their place I would do the same".

Last edited:
Do you also think athletes sponsored by Nike or have Nike made products have no place in speaking out against slave labor to make their shoes? What kind of simple minded thinking is this... They're in a business partnership. If their values and decisions internally don't reflect MS/Sony/etcs own then they can put pressure of them as they see fit.

Then why the hell, so many athletes, movie stars, etc still have sponsors from companies whose products come from 3rd world countries where 'child labours' are still rampant?

Why do you even buy products from Apple, H&M, Nike, Amazon (Amazon still have that labour issues, remember?) when did you last buy from Amazon??

Last edited:

elliot5

Yup, neither will retire their games from their respective stores.

Also, wouldn't that also punish lots of people innocent of this fucked up behavior?
How else is pressure meant to be put on someone or some company without monetary impact?

Timmy going without being able to buy call of duty for a little bit is gonna be ok.

Top Bottom