• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple SNES Amazon.UK orders dropped to only one order

javac

Yeah I ordered one of both listings and they cancelled one on Friday, I wasn't going to keep both anyways so I'm totally fine with that.

The buying one for friend excuse doesn't wash with me.

If you in a queue then you not going to let your friend join alongside you. That's what basically your friend is doing. Lots of people who wanted one desperately and waiting for Amazon to put preorder up. If your friend can't be bothered or doesn't have time then tough shit.

Well done to Amazon on this.

I still don't understand the delay, Nintendo's biggest market is the US, would think it was some kind of priority to gauge interest and make enough to satisfy the preorders?

I don't expect pre-orders to go live at all in the US. Most retailers didn't do pre-orders for the NES Classic in the US, and those that did only allocated limited numbers.

Non UK orders should also be canned.

You should be canned.

It's not our fault NOA is garbage-tier.

I don't expect pre-orders to go live at all in the US. Most retailers didn't do pre-orders for the NES Classic in the US, and those that did only allocated limited numbers.

You should be canned.

It's not our fault NOA is garbage-tier.

Well you are actually wrong.

Just like the Xbox one X it's not FCC approved. Which should happen by end of July.

Koppai

I think since Nintendo said they are making a substantial amount more, (I bet they are producing them as we speak) before they send out allocations to each retailer maybe. Why would the rest of the world get preorders and we don't? <_<

LQX

I think since Nintendo said they are making a substantial amount more, (I bet they are producing them as we speak) before they send out allocations to each retailer maybe. Why would the rest of the world get preorders and we don't? <_<

Because NOA hates us.

BriGuy

Still surprised us US pre-orders haven't been nixed.
Check your credit card statement. Amazon UK charged me $1.37 (the equivalent of a pound) a few days back, probably to see if my form of payment was valid. I think my odds of actually getting one from them are now 65% (based on absolutely nothing).

I'm not surprised.
I had two individual SNES Mini orders at Amazon UK, both with different product IDs and several hours apart from one another.
I got an email yesterday that said that one of my orders was cancelled because the item is limited to one per person.
That's totally okay.

Mikey Jr.

What if you're buying one for a friend? I'd say it's justified. Some friends aren't able to hound an amazon page or thread for an entire day.

"Uhhh yeah, ME TOO! I have 5 frie... 10 friends! And they all need one that they will reimburse me for later when I meet them, at a location we choose later...

Yes, that should stick."

Haunted

1 per customer should be standard for limited edition/highly sought after items, where everyone knows that demand is or will be much higher than the supply.

What if you're buying one for a friend? I'd say it's justified. Some friends aren't able to hound an amazon page or thread for an entire day.
They're not able to, they don't get the item.

Tell your friend to blame Nintendo for not making enough units, don't blame Amazon for trying to distribute them fairly.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I would have bought a few nes classics for family gifts and myself. But Nintendo.

You know what they meant. This has nothing to do with friends and family, and everything to do with scalpers.

Between not getting any console at all because scalpers ordered 10 each or getting one and not being able to gift one to my family, I know damn well which option I'm choosing.

canocha

This shit happened with the BOTW Limited Edition guide..

The first listing that had a discount was not the correct one ABS they canceled after the other one was already OOS.

I had to pay scalping price for the guide.

Note: I only pre-ordered one copy.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I pre-ordered mine as soon as it went up at the higher price. I'm afraid to even email Amazon about it just incase they alter the order and drop me to the bottom of the queue.

I'm OK paying the extra £10 but it's still a little irritating.

Just checked and I've only got one preorder now, but that's fair enough.

Still got my Game and Smyths preorders as backups, although I'll probably cancel at least the Game one the week before launch. Kind of tempted to keep the Smyths one purely as a back up though. If this thing ever breaks, I very much doubt I'd ever be able to get a replacement.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
mine is still priced at £79.99. CS wouldn't reduce it because there wasn't a direct link showing the lower price..

dc89

When I ordered the max order was set to one. I know this because I did try and order a second unit for my dad who was on holiday, I totally expected this to be the case.
He got one in the end though so it's all good.

I'm glad it is set to one unit per customer.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
mine is still priced at £79.99. CS wouldn't reduce it because there wasn't a direct link showing the lower price..
Oh look, Amazon Off-Shore CS being idiots as usual.

Is your order still live? If it hasn't been cancelled go back on live chat and post that email from the OP.

Robin64

There were two individual listings. I just hope that this isn't a case where everybody who ordered the listing that doesn't exist anymore gets their order canceled or something.

Mine from the original listing is still showing, though it's also still showing as £79.99 rather than £69.99. I hope I don't pay the first price now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh look, Amazon Off-Shore CS being idiots as usual.

Is your order still live? If it hasn't been cancelled go back on live chat and post that email from the OP.

I did - they just spouted 'pre order price guarantee - they'll adjust the price before it is shipped'

I'm leaving it now just in case. I'll bitch about it after they ship if they don't adjust it. This feels like it'll be easy enough to get hold of so I'll return it after buying elsewhere if necessary.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mine from the original listing is still showing, though it's also still showing as £79.99 rather than £69.99. I hope I don't pay the first price now.

I did - they just spouted 'pre order price guarantee - they'll adjust the price before it is shipped'

I'm leaving it now just in case. I'll bitch about it after they ship if they don't adjust it. This feels like it'll be easy enough to get hold of so I'll return it after buying elsewhere if necessary.

Same here. I've not tried contacting CS yet though.

Still shows as Arriving 30th September so I think it's ok?

So much for the change to just one listing eh Amazon?

The pre order guarantee should be automatically applied but because of the 2 listing cock up that isn't happening here. Either they'll have to amend all £79.99 orders manually or they're going to have lots of angry support calls in September.

Nothing stopping them from sorting it upon request though so support being just obstructive here I'm afraid.

Yep in the same boat still saying £79.99 damn should have tried to buy the other one so got it cheaper to be honest not totally sold on getting it, kind of got swept up in the hype, but if i don't it will be offered up at cost I ain't screwing someone that wants it.

Then too bad; said friend should have to look elsewhere or be prepared to queue when it's released. They certainly shouldn't get priority over people who *do* check Amazon all day yet still get unlucky because all the units were snapped up within minutes due to people ordering multiple units.

PSFan

Then too bad; said friend should have to look elsewhere or be prepared to queue when it's released. They certainly shouldn't get priority over people who *do* check Amazon all day yet still get unlucky because all the units were snapped up within minutes due to people ordering multiple units.

Completely agree with this. There's no justifying buying multiple quantities of something like this. And don't blame buyers for it either, blame Nintendo for always pulling this shady limited stock shit.

Then too bad; said friend should have to look elsewhere or be prepared to queue when it's released.

And friends who can't just take off work to line up for an $80 micro-console, and who can't access the Internet at all while on the job...? Just fuck 'em?

I mean, I get limiting to one unit per customer, and support it even, but "lol fuck you if you can't warp your adult life around hoping to catch an unspecified 10-minute pre-order window at some unannounced time" is a stupid attitude nonetheless.

Haano

Good. Scalpers need to be punished. Though it's a shame on those who legitimately bought two, to give one away as a gift, ow well.

For something limited to this, non UK orders and US orders to be scrapped. They have access to Amazon in their own country right. Tough of they don't like the colors. Then I'll be a happy bunny.

dealer-

Damn, all our American brothers buying from the UK. No wonder I haven't been able to get one. Can't even buy from the US if and when it becomes available as they get the inferior purple version.

And friends who can't just take off work to line up for an $80 micro-console, and who can't access the Internet at all while on the job...? Just fuck 'em?

I mean, I get limiting to one unit per customer, and support it even, but "lol fuck you if you can't warp your adult life around hoping to catch an unspecified 10-minute pre-order window at some unannounced time" is a stupid attitude nonetheless.

No, not "fuck 'em". But "That's reality; accept it."

It's shit that that there aren't enough units to satisfy demand, but Amazon should give priority to the people who spent time monitoring their site. Whether or not the reason you didn't is because you didn't have the opportunity is completely inconsequential.

If you have a job that prohibits you from checking Amazon/other places regularly, it's on you to find an alternative means of getting one, not on Amazon to open the floodgates to scalpers (which then ends up resulting in far more people not getting one) to accommodate you.

I wanted to buy one for my brother, but I still think it's fair this way. Better this way than to enable fucking scalpers.

See, here's somebody who's negatively affected by this, but is still able to view things beyond their own perspective.

No, not "fuck 'em". But "That's reality; accept it."

It's shit that that there aren't enough units to satisfy demand, but Amazon should give priority to the people who spent time monitoring their site. Whether or not the reason you didn't is because you didn't have the opportunity is completely inconsequential.

If you have a job that prohibits you from checking Amazon/other places regularly, it's on you to find an alternative means of getting one, not on Amazon to open the floodgates to scalpers (which then ends up resulting in far more people not getting one) to accommodate you.

I never said that it was on Amazon, and to reiterate, as I said in my prior post I am wholly for limiting all limited products to 1 purchase per account. I myself would like to buy a second one for a friend in that very situation, and yet I understand that this is the best way to handle things.

My point is that, regardless, "too bad, whatever, go somewhere else" is still a condescending and dismissive response, at least in the way you've presented it twice now. You sailed right over empathy and straight to "don't give a shit, go somewhere else" which, 1) no shit, and 2) might not even be possible to begin with for the same reason locking down an Amazon pre-order wasn't. It isn't exactly a helpful or constructive responsive.

Top Bottom