• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple SNES Amazon.UK orders dropped to only one order

Blam

jmdaOlh.png

Preorder me if old.

This reminds me of the Breath of the Wild Master Edition Amazon US preorders. Many got emails saying the exact same thing. Except that most of the people only had one preorder to begin with.

jts

...hate me...
As someone that put in an order for one, that gives me hope that it will be fulfilled. Thanks Amazon.

Although on a worse note, it kinda confirms they oversold.

chrono01

I'm surprised it wasn't listed as a maximum of 1 to begin with.

I'm okay with this. It means more people have the opportunity (in theory) to grab one of these.

Aeana

There were two individual listings. I just hope that this isn't a case where everybody who ordered the listing that doesn't exist anymore gets their order canceled or something.

Blam

There were two individual listings. I just hope that this isn't a case where everybody who ordered the listing that doesn't exist anymore gets their order canceled or something.

Yeah they cancelled that as well.

hwy_61

Banned

Ah shit lemme go check on my order status

jts

...hate me...
What if you're buying one for a friend? I'd say it's justified. Some friends aren't able to hound an amazon page or thread for an entire day.

It's really a "tough luck" kind of situation, same goes for all the other "1 per costumer" sales when we're talking about a limited item.

Either get a friend who isn't already going to get a console for themselves, or trust them with your Amazon account to place an order for you.

That's very strange. There's 2 different listings, but the searchable listing isn't the one they're linking to...

Are you located in the UK, or international?

EmiPrime

If you ordered from both listings they cancelled the more expensive one.

BriGuy

Nobody should be surprised
No, but they should probably be ashamed for trying to hoard them for exorbitant mark ups. I'm sure there are people who legitimately want these as gifts for others will use and appreciate them, but I'd wager they're probably in the minority here.

This reminds me of the Breath of the Wild Master Edition Amazon US preorders. Many got emails saying the exact same thing. Except that most of the people only had one preorder to begin with.
Yeah, me :l
Stayed up till 4am the day it went up.

But if it's only for people with multiples, it's fine.

jts

...hate me...
So they did one cheaper and one more expensive listing?

Nice cop out of the “Pre-order Price Guarantee”. I got stuck with the £80 listing...

Granted, I should be lucky if it gets fulfilled at all.

SenkiDala

Fantastic news. I can't think of any good reason for someone to order more than a single console.

Make a present for a friend, someone of the familly? There are plenty of reasons.

And one of those is mine: I'm scared not to get one, so I peordered in different shops... I've actually 3 SNES mini preordered, but I just want one.

It's Nintendo's fault, they're creating this "hurry hurry, preorder fast if you want one, because there won't be many of them, it's very very limited" mood. :/

jts

...hate me...
Make a present for a friend, someone of the familly? There are plenty of reasons.

And one of those is mine: I'm scared not to get one, so I peordered in different shops... I've actually 3 SNES mini preordered, but I just want one.

It's Nintendo's fault, they're creating this "hurry hurry, preorder fast if you want one, because there won't be many of them, it's very very limited" mood. :/
I'd say that's a pretty accurate "mood" they're creating. You'd rather have this than be surprised when you can't just walk into a store and get one.

joms5

What if you're buying one for a friend? I'd say it's justified. Some friends aren't able to hound an amazon page or thread for an entire day.

Because I had such a hard time getting an NES Classic I am going to be harsh here and say oh well.

They can always buy one off one of the many people who will try, and sadly probably succeed, in ordering many units.

Or they can wait online or in a line like i'm sure many of us are going to have to do.

If Nintendo weren't just producing those for this year i'd be a bit more lax on multiple orders per customer. But since this thing is going to be a shit show, it should be 1 per customer and I don't care what the reasoning is.

SenkiDala

I'd say that's a pretty accurate "mood" they're creating. You'd rather have this than be surprised when you can't just walk into a store and get one.

Yeah but they could just make a proper stock so nobody need to be worry about being able to get one or not... I find this ridiculous. I don't wanna press F5 at every website I go to be sure that I don't miss this or that game that I want to play.

Creating a frenzy around a product by scaring people like "hey hurry hurry, you'll maybe won't get one if you don't hurry" is really not something I like...

About the Switch I can understand, the demand is too high and they can't produce enough of them, ok. But on the NES mini and now SNES mini come on... They made 80 000 NES mini, which is ridiculous, and it was sold out as fuck and now to get one you need to spend 200$/€... They're doing the same with the SNES mini by just doubling the stock: 160 000, they know it won't be enough, 500 000 for a retro/hype system like this would be really enough for a few weeks. And why saying "we won't make any more of them after 2017", why? If people want it, why? That's just dumb. Games is a hobby/passion that everybody should be able to enjoy...

Good, fuck 'em. It's too bad amazon doesn't just put them on a list and cancel their order out right.

And no I'm not giving multiple orders the benefit of the doubt. Fuck that noise.

Koppai

What happened is the first listing was an error and they cancelled it, the price was also higher. My second order was way cheaper than the first (equivalent of about $80 USD), the original order was over $100 USD.

Mashing

Still got my one amazon.uk and amazon.de orders. Would be nice to finally be able to order a US one one of these days just for peace of mind.

jts

...hate me...
Yeah but they could just make a proper stock so nobody need to be worry about being able to get one or not... I find this ridiculous. I don't wanna press F5 at every website I go to be sure that I don't miss this or that game that I want to play.

Creating a frenzy around a product by scaring people like "hey hurry hurry, you'll maybe won't get one if you don't hurry" is really not something I like...

About the Switch I can understand, the demand is too high and they can't produce enough of them, ok. But on the NES mini and now SNES mini come on... They made 80 000 NES mini, which is ridiculous, and it was sold out as fuck and now to get one you need to spend 200$/€... They're doing the same with the SNES mini by just doubling the stock: 160 000, they know it won't be enough, 500 000 for a retro/hype system like this would be really enough for a few weeks. And why saying "we won't make any more of them after 2017", why? If people want it, why? That's just dumb. Games is a hobby/passion that everybody should be able to enjoy...
I understand the sentiment, but neither the NES mini or SNES mini are live platforms, so they are just made as this kind of prestige merchandise product. There's no more money to be had from someone buying one of these minis.

I really believe these are just marketing tools, to create brand awareness and a certain aura of exclusivity. Ultimately the goal is to make people notice their main products.

Not that I necessarily agree with it, I'd rather not struggle to get one of these, either. And the SNES... it was my first console. I can't miss it.

SenkiDala

I understand the sentiment, but neither the NES mini or SNES mini are live platforms, so they are just made as this kind of prestige merchandise product. There's no more money to be had from someone buying one of these minis.

I really believe these are just marketing tools, to create brand awareness and a certain aura of exclusivity. Ultimately the goal is to make people notice their main products.

Not that I necessarily agree with it, I'd rather not struggle to get one of these, either. And the SNES... it was my first console. I can't miss it.

Yes of course it's absolutly that, a product made to make people hear about Nintendo, and feel like "ohhh the SNES, yeah, that was an awesome console right? They still do games right? I heard about a "Switch" something, let's check it out", but yeah, as you say I don't like that. :/

And same for the SNES, it was my first console (had a GB before but it was my first "home" console), so I really want it. Hell I had dozens of NES mini in my hands but never got one because I wanted that people who really care about those can get it.

Bluth54

Fantastic news. I can't think of any good reason for someone to order more than a single console.
When they open preorders in the US I hope to get one for myself and one for my brother (either for his birthday in October or Christmas).

Top Bottom