• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Murdered: Soul Suspect Coming To Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begaria

Jun 2, 2013
Nice! It'll likely get a PS4 port. Also, I laughed at your "shoot me seven times and throw me out the window". Very clever.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
May 18, 2009
www.sabworks.com
That's actually some pretty good news to hear! I have much more space for new games like this on my Next-Gen log, rather than on the infinitely crowded past-gen one.

Ridley327

Feb 7, 2005
This should do wonders for the game's profile with how much of a drought we're in with both systems right now.

Chobel

Mar 26, 2013

Acquiescence

Mar 5, 2011
Acquiescence said:
Looking forward to this one. L.A. Noire with a more supernatural slant is something I'll happily plonk down money for. Just a shame that it's last gen and not coming out on the PS4. Seems like it missed the opportunity to pad out that semi-barren line-up for the year and stand out a bit.

Wrote that today. Welp.

Edit - Uh-oh, thread title has been changed. It's not confirmed for PS4 as yet it seems.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jul 30, 2009
Western Australia
I have a feeling that this will be the game that ends Airtight or at least sees the company commit entirely to mobile games. Dark Void bombed horribly, severing ties with Capcom, and while Squeenix has stuck around for round two, Quantum Conundrum was drastically reduced mere weeks after releasing.

Night Hunter

Banned
Mar 27, 2013
Good News. Had it preordered already but I'll gladly take a delay for a next gen port, especially if that means that the game might actually have a chance to not bomb.

MKP64

Aug 6, 2013
He also said MGSV was exclusive at E3 ;) But yeah I was hoping this would be on PS4/Xb1

TriGen

Nov 28, 2011
That's actually some pretty good news to hear! I have much more space for new games like this on my Next-Gen log, rather than on the infinitely crowded past-gen one.

That's how I feel as well. This likely would have fell through the cracks -- but now I think I'll end up playing it. Very cool.

BusterJol

Oct 30, 2013
Always wondered about the prospects of this game considering I don't hear anyone talk about it. Hope next gen ports help it.

Also the last 10 seconds of that Xbox preview are fantastic with the guy screaming "Get back here" then the gunshots. Just like how it sounded.

Chake

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
I was wondering what happened to this game. Wasn't this supposed to be a Q1 release?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
I was wondering what happened to this game. Wasn't this supposed to be a Q1 release?

I suspect quality/development issues + greater than expected next-gen interest leading them to question the wisdom of not having a next-gen SKU + continued issues positioning titles in calendar H1.

Anteater

May 22, 2010
I think that's a smart decision, if the game comes out sooner rather than later before all the big titles, it would help sales and get a lot of attention if the game is good.

Skiptastic

Jan 17, 2007
Right when they talk about side quests helping other ghosts move on, my interest shot up big time. Looks like an interesting game. Will have to see how it turns out when launched.

Adry9

Jun 2, 2013
Can't wait... to play it on PC. When is it coming out? I though it was supposed to be realeased Q1 2014.

Banjo-Kazooie

Sep 6, 2013

That article doesn't say what you said it does. It says, "There’s every chance Square could turn around and reveal that a next-gen version of Murdered: Souls Suspect is in the works for PS4 and Xbox 720, but right now this supernatural whodunit is only coming to current-gen consoles."

It isn't confirmed yet, even though it most likely is getting a PS4 port as well, otherwise it doesn't make much sense haha.

edit: I see it's been taken care of while I was posting, sorry.

salromano

Jan 8, 2011
NYC
gematsu.com
I think you can expect this on PS4, too, guys. E-mailed Square asking about it. Was told to "Stay tuned for a press release tomorrow."

Edit: Just had some crazy deja vu. Did this happen before? o_0

Asd202

Jun 18, 2013
Poland
Another game that potential FF XV trailer would overshadow :(.
Don't be upset I'm just joking :p.

Bedameister

Aug 21, 2013
Germany
Nice. Totally forget about that game. Good that it's coming for this Gen. Otherwise it would have bombed. Bet it will be on PS4.

Shin-Ra

Oct 10, 2013
'dat tearing

And Beyond: Two Souls'ish particle effect

Status
Not open for further replies.