• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered Soul Suspect. Is there any hype?

GavinUK86

I really liked Dark Void back in 2010 even though most people hated it so I think this one will end up being pretty good to. It'll be a total commercial flop though. I'm predicting 65 - 70 review scores (if that's your thing).

bryehn

Think it'd be worth playing on last-gen? I can't see there being any significant difference myself and while I want to check this out, I wouldn't mind saving $10.

...though I might just wait for it to bomba.

Tizoc

Main game is short? Coolios, if Playfire's giving awards for it I can finish it up asap and get back to my freakin' Steam backlog before I started Playfire rewards haha.

Gamefly shipped my copy today. I haven't been following the game too closely but the premise is interesting so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

I really liked Dark Void back in 2010 even though most people hated it so I think this one will end up being pretty good to. It'll be a total commercial flop though. I'm predicting 65 - 70 review scores (if that's your thing).

I like the flailing animation whenever using the jetpack. That's about the only good thing I remember about the game.

Chris87

Neo Member
Looking forward to the reviews appearing for this. If they are favourable then I will be very tempted to pick this up. I guess it's a good sign that the embargo lifts a few days prior to release...

Watched some extensive footage with the firm conviction of wanting to like the game, at all cost. Looks like a colossal turd. What a bummer.
They seem to have used all their budget for the wrong things, namely decent graphics. I mean, how did they not anticipate that their audience would want good writing in an adventure game and could not care less for polygons?

Epcott

Crap, this comes out tomorrow. Had I not seen a PS4 livestream I would have never known.

Where's the OT? Damnit Gaf!

After reading PowerPyx's comments (person who puts out tons of trophy/achievement guide videos on YouTube), I have to say my hype levels have reduced dramatically.

fossen

...though I might just wait for it to bomba.

I was interested in this, but with Watch_Dogs still unstarted for me, I figure it's best to wait a month, then get it for $29.99 new. Because I can't imagine it staying full price for long.

Essentially there were lots of bugs, crappy frame rate, no map (for an open world game), the story is very, very short and he said it was "most disappointing thing I've ever bought." You can read it in its entirety here.
He is entitled to his opinion of course, but I couldn't really take him seriously after his Colonial Marines comparison. What I saw so far looked kinda mediocre, but not like the total trainwreck that is CM. And one of the story related things he complains about is actually explained in the first couple of minutes. For someone who completed the story 2 times he sure didn't pay attention to that.

every time i've seen this title in the past I just associated it with Beyond: Two Souls ( another game i had no hype for) ....I know it's a different game, but i've completely looked past it.

zero hype from me.

every time i've seen this title in the past I just associated it with Beyond: Two Souls ( another game i had no hype for) ....I know it's a different game, but i've completely looked past it.

zero hype from me.
Well maybe you should at least take a closer look then. I very much enjoyed Beyond for example.

Epcott

Yeah, saw that moments later :-D

Poor thread is buried already.

Essentially there were lots of bugs, crappy frame rate, no map (for an open world game), the story is very, very short and he said it was "most disappointing thing I've ever bought." You can read it in its entirety here.

I stopped reading after "The graphics look like PS2" comment, and I hope the god of hyperbole smacks him over the head for using that tired line. I think I'll wait for a real review or from Gaf impressions.

Top Bottom