• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered Soul Suspect. Is there any hype?

Despera

Banned
Yep I pre-ordered it already. It's been a while since I regretted a purchase and I kinda missed that feeling lol

BBboy20

It has a bunch of advertising at Gamestop.

Unfortunately, purely for financial reasons, I won't be getting it. Maybe I'll get it when the summer Steam sale arrives.

Dawg

Started it Thursday evening, finished it Friday afternoon.

Yeah, looks like we've got a 5-6 hour game here, folks.

He probably did optional stuff as well, unless you can get the platinum by just completing the game.

Seems really short in any case. Still want to play it though.

GravyButt

Hmm 5-6 hours. If its good im ok getting it for $60. If its meh I can wait. Cant get to the store until at least Wednesday so I guess i can read some gaf hands on.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Started it Thursday evening, finished it Friday afternoon.

Yeah, looks like we've got a 5-6 hour game here, folks.

Well, I mean, you can even check the trophy times. Thursday evening he played for a little over an hour. Friday morning he woke up and played a little under 6. So I would say 7-8 for 100% completion, less if you just gun through.

element

Reading about so many waiting for the price to crash makes me think Airtight Games isn't long for this world.
Airtight Games has already technically closed. They laid off the remaining staff a couple weeks ago. It is still a company, but there are no employees.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Airtight Games has already technically closed. They laid off the remaining staff a couple weeks ago. It is still a company, but there are no employees.
Wait really? I thought they just laid off a chunk of stuff.

They did a layoff and then a couple weeks after that everyone else was let go.
I remember reading about the 14 people laid off but haven't seen any news about everyone else being let go. Are you sure about this? Their site even has a post for hiring for a position.

In other news, Jason Graves is composing the music:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3296638/jason-graves-will-composing-music-murdered-soul-suspect/

I hope we get stuff along the lines of Cry of the Ancients.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Can't say I'm surprised. I wonder if Swift will go back to Valve.

element

Can't say I'm surprised. I wonder if Swift will go back to Valve.
Kim Swift left for Amazon Game Studios months ago.

I remember reading about the 14 people laid off but haven't seen any news about everyone else being let go. Are you sure about this? Their site even has a post for hiring for a position.
Yes, I am sure. First batch of layoffs were at the end of March, then everyone else around the second week in May. Considering I had friends in both layoffs, I'd say I'm pretty certain. As for the Senior Graphics Programmer, they have had that job up for almost a year and doesn't shock me that they didn't take it down.

Tizoc

Heads up Middle East GAF, the game seems to have broken street date over here far as the PS4 ver. is concerned my local shop messaged me that they got the game)

Heads up Middle East GAF, the game seems to have broken street date over here far as the PS4 ver. is concerned my local shop messaged me that they got the game)

There are also some clips up on Smartglass.

Looking real good from the few clips I watched, can't wait to play it.

Yes, I am sure. First batch of layoffs were at the end of March, then everyone else around the second week in May. Considering I had friends in both layoffs, I'd say I'm pretty certain. As for the Senior Graphics Programmer, they have had that job up for almost a year and doesn't shock me that they didn't take it down.
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :-(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Friend of mine enjoyed it. But for reference, he also enjoyed Heavy Rain (as an experience, plot holes non-withstanding) and LA Noire (less so).
Took him 7 hours to beat it (no Plat, missing a lot of optional stuff, cause he said as soon as hit hour 2 of the game he knew he was hooked on doing at least another play through), taking his time with it (looking at arts, savoring the story and dialogue but especially the atmosphere, not rushing through it). Again, for reference Heavy Rain's first play took him roughly 10 hours. He's looking forward to a possible spiritual sequel (unlikely, IMO the game will überbomb) or the team's next game.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
im hoping for a secret best game of the year to happen here...

we will see tho.

dreamfall

The HYPE!

Seriously, not a single word from most press outlets, I'm so excited though.

Paranormal noir? Sign me up!

Edit: Is anyone doing an OT?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
RPS's preview was kinda cold, so yeah, I'll just wait even though the concept is mildly interesting

Rosur

I enjoyed the preview videos (first 20mins or so) that I saw on here. Want to get though got to much of a backlog atm. Hope it ends up in PS+ later in the year.

komplanen

The reviews are going to be interesting to say the least. This game is being ninja-released so I'm expecting the worst.

Carnby

Did I read correctly that the studio that developed this have already been laid off and closed?

This doesn't give me much reason to purchase it day 1, if my motivation was to support unique games that are not an AAA title. This reminds me of The Saboteur.

Did I read correctly that the studio that developed this have already been laid off and closed?

This doesn't give me much reason to purchase it day 1, if my motivation was to support unique games that are not an AAA title. This reminds me of The Saboteur.

Can't find anything about them being closed, but they did lay off 14 people last month. I'm worried because they made Quantum Conundrum, which was decent, but they also made Dark Void...

I'm not saying I WANT this game to be bad, but I've got a bad feeling...

Begaria

He's looking forward to a possible spiritual sequel (unlikely, IMO the game will überbomb) or the team's next game.

i_see_what_you_did_there_by_bdog375-d51sz7w.jpg

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I didn't know it was even releasing this year, and I still haven't heard anything about it save for its name.

Antihype exists, and Murdered: Soul Suspect is the proof.

Top Bottom