• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muslim Community |OT|

Glad to hear you're doing well! Thanks for posting the video, it's absolutely a good reminder.

No worries! And yep, after all, the benefit benefits the mu'min!

East London Mosque? Oh wow that's my local 'big' mosque.

Nice video. Thanks for posting.

You're welcome! And aha, crazy small world :p

It's mind blowing for me actually, because I'm not actually from London; was born in Coventry and have lived in a town called Rugby since I was 2 (it's in the west midlands), but now I study in south west London. And yeah ELM is niiice;I went with a group of my friends after Uni since we heard he was giving a talk at ELM (and it was my first time going there) and it was crazy to see how big the mosque was compared to the tiny mosque in Rugby lol.

No worries! And yep, after all, the benefit benefits the mu'min!

You're welcome! And aha, crazy small world :p

It's mind blowing for me actually, because I'm not actually from London; was born in Coventry and have lived in a town called Rugby since I was 2 (it's in the west midlands), but now I study in south west London. And yeah ELM is niiice;I went with a group of my friends after Uni since we heard he was giving a talk at ELM (and it was my first time going there) and it was crazy to see how big the mosque was compared to the tiny mosque in Rugby lol.
:OI'm from East London as well, don't go to ELM that much other than when I'm in the area (restaurants around there are great). London Central/Regents park Mosque is nice/huge as well if you haven't been.
NAK is great, incredibly based & humble, what other scholars do you guys follow? I've watched some of the series by NAK and random videos by Yasir Qadhi . That video is great because it's relateable , thanks for sharing.

:OI'm from East London as well, don't go to ELM that much other than when I'm in the area (restaurants around there are great). London Central/Regents park Mosque is nice/huge as well if you haven't been.
NAK is great, incredibly based & humble, what other scholars do you guys follow? I've watched some of the series by NAK and random videos by Yasir Qadhi . That video is great because it's relateable , thanks for sharing.

Aha another one! Yeah, I definitely need to go Central mosque, heard its YUUUGE! And yepp, the restaurants are very nice!

I was going to say Yasir Qadhi haha but mashallah seems you've already got the right idea :p

what happens if you pray without your wadhu

From what I know(and googling confirms it) , if you did it purposely, it invalidates your prayer/it doesn't count(It's also a sin). You can clean yourself with clean sand if you don't have enough water(it's called tayamuum - not sure on spelling). If it was the case of you forgetting you didn't have wudu you just catch up on it and it doesn't count as a sin.

From what I know(and googling confirms it) , if you did it purposely, it invalidates your prayer/it doesn't count(It's also a sin). You can clean yourself with clean sand if you don't have enough water(it's called tayamuum - not sure on spelling). If it was the case of you forgetting you didn't have wudu you just catch up on it and it doesn't count as a sin.

Then I might have sinned.

The thing is, I showed up to a place not expecting to pray, but a jammat was taking place so I just joined it.

The thing is, I showed up to a place or expecting to pray, but a jammat was taking place so I just joined it.
I wasn't intending to tell you if you had sinned or not, I thought you wanted to know what to do because you had accidentally done it, which is you should re-do/ catch up on the prayer. I mean forgetting you broke your wudu and then praying later on in the day without wudu is the situation I had in mind. In this case you need to re do the prayer as well.
In your situation I don't know what happens, I'd ask an imam.
I mean your intention wasn't bad so I don't think you're getting tons of gunnah (since you didn't know it was a sin & did it with good intentions - only Allah can decide that though ), if it's really weighing on your conscience I'd ask an imam.

At the very least you learnt from it and now you know to ensure you have wudu before praying.

faridmon

The thing is, I showed up to a place not expecting to pray, but a jammat was taking place so I just joined it.

You should't have done that. I mean, even if he jamat have started you can just make wudu and connect to it later.

Hell, if you break your wuduu, you should leave jamat make wudu and come back to it again

There is no prayer without wudu

my mother fasted monday, said sunday night was something important. my dad implored me to pray but i did not.

what was this occasion?

Qaloon

that sounds familiar, maybe very familiar
Sha'baan itself as a month is an important lead up to Ramadan and the Prophet (ص) used to fast a large portion of that month as relayed in authentic tradition.

There are some other practises done during the month revolving around specific days, but authenticity of some traditions is disputed.

All in all, all of Sha'baan as a whole is good to do more acts to prepare for Ramadan with the exception of fasting the day of doubt (potential last day of Sha'baan in anticipation of Ramadan).

I glossed over a lot, but I hope that clears things up.

would you wear this shirt?

18486196_10155382042842244_6767719809608392754_n.jpg

would you wear this shirt?

18486196_10155382042842244_6767719809608392754_n.jpg

A cross really doesn't mean anything and it can't (for Islam) save you are harm you.

Like any object or creation.

Rather some Muslims would refrain from wearing it for what it stands for as in they feel if they love Allah then they wouldn't wear something that says Allah has a son (downgrades Allah). Or if they love Isa (in a Islamic sense) then they wouldn't wear something that signifies something he preached against (as in the oneness of Allah).

Hope that helps.

A cross really doesn't mean anything and it can't (for Islam) save you are harm you.

Like any object or creation.

Rather some Muslims would refrain from wearing it for what it stands for as in they feel if they love Allah then they wouldn't wear something that says Allah has a son (downgrades Allah). Or if they love Isa (in a Islamic sense) then they wouldn't wear something that signifies something he preached against (as in the oneness of Allah).

Hope that helps.

i wasn't wear it to represent Christianity but rather to respect it. It's also a Weeknd shirt, just happens to have a cross on it.

18519532_10155382139027244_7522954516132521182_n.jpg

i wasn't wear it to represent Christianity but rather to respect it. It's also a Weeknd shirt, just happens to have a cross on it.

18519532_10155382139027244_7522954516132521182_n.jpg

it is up to you

also it being about something is plausible

I mean people assume the star and crescent (from the Ottomans) is Islam's symbol but you see that symbol everywhere in games, anime, etc...

again symbols mean nothing in Islam

rather the intention is what matters

I mean it is all about your Imaan in the end

if you now what the thing signifies in a general sense and you choose to wear it then it could effect your overall Imaan/link with Allah

it is like loving someone and then wearing a shirt joking about them or something

idk if I am making any sense but if you choose not to wear something like that then when push comes to shove and a actual test like scenario does appear then you would be able to react/reject it more quickly.

I for one wouldn't wear it.

Sch1sm

I did, but I don't know anything about Creed. It's a rock band?

Either way mods give tags out, to make an assumption over it is a huge jump.

Yeah, they are.

I'm not particularly sure what Neo's insinuating here, either, lol. I'm sure a tag isn't indication of change in faith. You could just ask Rusty directly.

Yeah, they are.

I'm not particularly sure what Neo's insinuating here, either, lol. I'm sure a tag isn't indication of change in faith. You could just ask Rusty directly.

Yeah I was asking if he was insinuating that because he listens to the rock band that he's maybe lost his faith. It's the only thing I could think of... which is why I put the question mark =S

NEO0MJ

I did, but I don't know anything about Creed. It's a rock band?

They're a christian rock band, the lyrics in his tag were about welcoming someone into Christianity. Was my joke that bad? I apologize ;-;

Edit: And almost no one gets to choose their tag so I'm curious as to what chains of events lead to him getting that, lol.

They're a christian rock band, the lyrics in his tag were about welcoming someone into Christianity. Was my joke that bad? I apologize ;-;

Edit: And almost no one gets to choose their tag so I'm curious as to what chains of events lead to him getting that, lol.
TIL.
Ah, that makes more sense.

Questioning someones religousness is kinda bad lol.

Some mods are emotional & salty af, might have done it out of spite.

Omg I cant believe you all were talking about my tag lol. I made a dumb thread about Creed and any chance of their regrouping and I kinda used to listen to them growing up. Mod gave me the tag for it.

Of course I'm still Muslim. I'm both looking forward to and kinda scared of ramadan. The fasts are gonna be brutal! I'd like to make the OT, but since I was making it for 3 years, we decided Ashes was going to make 2016 OT. If anyone else want to make the 2017 OT please go ahead! Here's the one from last year.

Sch1sm

When's the earliest it can be Ramadan, anyway? This Saturday? I'm not prepared at all. Got so much to do these last days.

Omg I cant believe you all were talking about my tag lol. I made a dumb thread about Creed and any chance of their regrouping and I kinda used to listen to them growing up. Mod gave me the tag for it.

Of course I'm still Muslim. I'm both looking forward to and kinda scared of ramadan. The fasts are gonna be brutal! I'd like to make the OT, but since I was making it for 3 years, we decided Ashes was going to make 2016 OT. If anyone else want to make the 2017 OT please go ahead! Here's the one from last year.

i get you and the other dude with the same tag mixed up

bwakh

worst time of the year in my opinion. i wish i could flat out say I hate Ramadan

Lol. I remember your struggles last Ramadan. I am in a similar place as you were in matters of self-restraint. But we are human after all.

But I love Ramadan though. Best month for binge gaming too.

bwakh

Scandinavia
Day 1 is from 2AM to 10PM the next day. Way better compared to the last few years tho when it was 21-22hrs ;_;

I have to say good luck. Lol. At least the weather over there is moderate, unlike the tropical subcontinent where I am from. 15 hours for me. 4am to 7pm.

Numb

We can't miss the yearly reminder that there are some muslims on Gaf
Besides it's always great when non muslims see the thread and some join in fasting with us

Kisaya

Ramadan 2017 OT: Mooselambs at dinner

Ramadan 2017 |OT| The only month you have a date every night
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Let the real Hunger Games begin!
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Putting the slim back in Muslim
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Wallahi, I'm fasting!

I feel like we've definitely used one of these, haha

Numb

lol

Yh we used the slim one before

I love the hunger games one

Top Bottom