• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muslim Community |OT|

Tizoc

Ramadan 2017 |OT| The only month you have a date every night
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Let the real Hunger Games begin!
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Putting the slim back in Muslim
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Wallahi, I'm fasting!

I feel like we've definitely used one of these, haha

I'd say all of them except the slim one are good IMO.

bwakh

Ramadan 2017 |OT| The only month you have a date every night
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Let the real Hunger Games begin!
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Putting the slim back in Muslim
Ramadan 2017 |OT| Wallahi, I'm fasting!

I feel like we've definitely used one of these, haha

Ramadan 2017 |OT| Not so fast.

Bleh I need to stop posting from mobile.
I remember the usage of that subtitle and I quite liked it actually but do agree we shouldn't use it again. The other ones are good too.
well yeah I don't think it should be used twice lol, just wanted to why it wasn't to your liking but that doesn't seem the case

faridmon

didn't want to start a new thread due fear of Some posters just posting shit about Islam, Saudi, Qatar, etc

but Good news for Qatari people who wants to attend Hajj

Saudi Arabia to open border with Qatar to let pilgrims attend hajj

he king has permitted ”the entry of Qatari pilgrims to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through Salwa border crossing to perform hajj, and to allow all Qatari nationals who wish to enter for hajj without electronic permits", a statement said.

He ordered that private jets belonging to Saudi airlines be sent to Doha airport ”to bring all Qatari pilgrims on his expenses".

The crown prince had emphasised the ”historical relations between Saudi and Qatari people" after his meeting with Qatar's Sheikh Abdullah bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jassim al-Thani, the statement said.

So our community recently bought (rented?) basement space in an apartment building and converted it into a sort of mini-Mosque. I've been going there for Friday prayer these last few weeks. More people have been coming too recently, so I guess word's been spreading.

didn't want to start a new thread due fear of Some posters just posting shit about Islam, Saudi, Qatar, etc

but Good news for Qatari people who wants to attend Hajj

Saudi Arabia to open border with Qatar to let pilgrims attend hajj

Hejaz being Saudi territory means it's their responsibility to facilitate Hajj for all Muslims, imo. All the same, I'm glad for the Qatari Hajj-goers.

faridmon

So our community recently bought (rented?) basement space in an apartment building and converted it into a sort of mini-Mosque. I've been going there for Friday prayer these last few weeks. More people have been coming too recently, so I guess word's been spreading.

Hejaz being Saudi territory means it's their responsibility to facilitate Hajj for all Muslims, imo. All the same, I'm glad for the Qatari Hajj-goers.

Congrats.

Also, the government did say actually ban Qatari People from entering the country even for Hajj so this is a positive change of heart

Happy Eid-al Adha, everyone. Just about to leave for prayers.

My mom bought a cow herself this year. Usually she'd just pitch in with the rest of her family, but I guess she has some money to spare this year.

Kisaya

Eid Mubarak Muslim-GAF!

I'm kinda sad this year that I won't be participating in any festivities. To be honest the holiday crept on me before I could make any plans. Oh well.

Sch1sm

Eid Mubarak!

Just got back in from prayers. Managed to actually get the day off work, so I get to chill out with family and eat in peace.

orochi91

Ayyy, Eid Mubarak~~~

Got to the Mosque late and not a single seat was available inside.

Thank god it was cool and breezy outside tho.

:V

What are the rules about abortion in first 40 days of pregnancy? It is all over place in writing.
From what I know, It's debated and depends on the view of your school of thought , you'd need to ask your imam (which is probably embarrassing, dunno if you can call anonymously) or a scholar.
I don't think anyone here can provide you with an answer since it's not clear cut.

It's not allowed from what I was taught growing up unless there's a threat to the mothers life.
The soul gets blown in at 4 months.
Hope you get the answers you're looking for.

It's debated and depends on the view of your school of thought , you'd need to ask your imam (which is probably embarrassing, dunno if you can call anonymously) or a scholar.

It's not allowed from what I was taught growing up unless there's a threat to the mothers life.

I wish there was some thing written. I do not know what i follow . what schools. Is there anything concrete in hadith or quran? Before 40 days ( from convinced) it is not human yet.

I wish there was some thing written. I do not know what i follow . what schools. Is there anything concrete in hadith or quran? Before 40 days ( from convinced) it is not human yet.
No there isn't anything universally accepted /concrete, there will be arguments for either side, there's debates on whether contraceptives are allowed within sects so something much larger like abortion is even more difficult to discuss. There's various reasons for concessions and only imams & scholars are qualified to grant that concession imo. There's various worldwide organisations which provide support to muslims and have the relevant staff & knowledge, I'm from the UK and could find some for you if you wish, but I would suggest waiting for someone else to reply. There's also an Islam Subreddit on reddit where people may be able to help better, if you want to ask more Muslims online before contacting anyone.
However, here's an islamqa link (again they do have some weird rulings so I don't trust them completely, but they present their evidences) :
https://islamqa.info/en/103423
I don't intend to be insensitive since I don't know your(or someone you're asking fors) plight or if you're simply asking out of curiosity, so I apologise if I have been insensitive.

No there isn't anything universally accepted /concrete, there will be arguments for either side, there's debates on whether contraceptives are allowed within sects so something much larger like abortion is even more difficult to discuss. There's various reasons for concessions and only imams & scholars are qualified to grant that concession imo. There's various worldwide organisations which provide support to muslims and have the relevant staff & knowledge, I'm from the UK and could find some for you if you wish, but I would suggest waiting for someone else to reply. There's also an Islam Subreddit on reddit where people may be able to help better, if you want to ask more Muslims online before contacting anyone.
However, here's an islamqa link (again they do have some weird rulings so I don't trust them completely, but they present their evidences) :
https://islamqa.info/en/103423
I don't intend to be insensitive since I don't know your(or someone you're asking fors) plight or if you're simply asking out of curiosity, so I apologise if I have been insensitive.

No worries. We are going through some tough time. I am screaming for help at house almost.

What is reddit thread?

My wife does not want it. It might affect my marriage. My only child that i have as well will get affected.

Kisaya

What are the rules about abortion in first 40 days of pregnancy? It is all over place in writing.

Most are going to say Islam is against abortion. Only circumstances such as the mother's health, rape, or the physical or mental inability to raise children will be considered as exceptions. My advice is for your partner to choose what's best for herself than the opinions of scholars.

Most are going to say Islam is against abortion. Only circumstances such as the mother's health, rape, or the physical or mental inability to raise children will be considered as exceptions. My advice is for your partner to choose what's best for herself than the opinions of scholars.

I will do what my wife wants. Her mental health is more important to me. I have take care of people that are already here(wife,kid).thanks.

Ashes

Banned
I will do what my wife wants. Her mental health is more important to me. I have take care of people that are already here(wife,kid).thanks.

This is the most Islamic way as I understand the Deen. Facing hardship as one. With love, support and patience.

People have left the Deen needlessly in such times unnecessarily because they may have received support elsewhere. I hope Allah eases your wife's worries.

Concerning the above, both parties are overall vague on what happened.
(I don't pay that much attention to NAK since he is more of an american based teacher).
I don't pry that much into NAK social life to know what his family status and other things are (no should I be doing so) but for the current allegation that has occurred we must note that we should follow the situation with the correct principals and conduct.

So far the only thing we have is a facebook post, if that has validity we will soon eventually learn. Just in the end know that whoever the human may be if they commit an act that is incorrect then regardless of who they are it is the same thing as anyone else who would do the same. (there is no higher status being played here since the individual clearly shattered it.)

A human can go up in stature/character and at the same time go down in character, if a sufficient amount of evidence is against him then that would conclude it. Hopefully it isn't the case but if it is then he should fear Allah and repent instead of twisting a scenario any further.

Counter a good action with good, apparently even talking about people and their sins as gossip if it is not in the appropriate manner (like telling a fellow being that you shouldn't deal with such and such due to such and such, or in a legal setting etc...) is just gossip which would not avail or help any of our character. It is infectious to our overall personality and for all we know we might just eventually waste a ton of energy bickering instead of addressing the issue or trying to fix ourselves to not be the same.

Instead we should try to fix a scenario or conclude it before it becomes worse.

Don't worship a human being, worship Allah and his message. No one is perfect and when someone is doing wrong we should confront them, stop them, or if we can't even do that avoid them. Let the overall situation be concluded and solved by people who have more information and are better then us.

Yeah neither side has proof either way. Both sides say a lot of things with anecdotal evidence. Both sides have people vouching for each persons deen etc.

The Islamic thing to do is to not believe the allegations placed on another Muslim without proof iirc.

This is getting ridiculous. Nouman's ex-mother in law posted on facebook and calls him "noman ugly khan" while at the same time preaching about being Islamic and truthful etc.

What kind of people are these?

This is getting ridiculous. Nouman's ex-mother in law posted on facebook and calls him "noman ugly khan" while at the same time preaching about being Islamic and truthful etc.

What kind of people are these?

from what I understood the divorce wasn't amicable. It seemed like nak wanted out even though his family and her family tried to keep them together and even though they had a small kid at the time. so I assume this is some sort of backlash to w/e happened then and now

The real news today is that Ustadh Usama Canon was diagnosed with ASL.

My heart is heavy- he has had such an impact on my life. My wife converted because of his lessons and character. He has changed my life too in so many ways, and countless other Muslims, converts and born.

Both my wife and I were so down. This country needs good people like Sidi Usama.

Please keep him and his family in your duas.

Zapages

Any recommendations and suggestions from Married Muslim GAF on how newly engaged/married couples can grow their deen together. :)

Top Bottom