• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvsC3: Mike Haggar & (Jean Grey) Phoenix confirmed.

Nemesis_

Phoenix and Mike Haggar were officially revealed this morning for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Here's HD versions of the intro movies for both fighters.

Phoenix Reveal Trailer (720p)

ot19q8.png

Haggar Reveal Trailer (720p)

dzvup3.png

It appears that one of those leak lists are getting more and more accurate, right down to the whole "Dark Phoenix" bit.

We can probably assume that Sentinel and Hsien-Ko are going to be revealed sometime in the near future too.

DasRaven

I was really hoping that a shark would bite-catch the victim at the top of Haggar's L3 before the piledriver. Can't have everything I guess.

ultron87

Oh, right. That Phoenix. She does look really fun to play.

Haggar doesn't really look like my cup of tea, but I do really like the Amaterasu skin you see at the start of that fight.

V_Arnold

YES! Hottie redheads, invade! Viper+Phoenix is a really strong, fast and agile duo, or so it seems. Now, who is gonna be my 3rd? : )

Awesome effects in the trailer, graphically phoenix is a BEAST.

Nemesis_

Princess Skittles said:
This thread title will deliver some fun. :)

Oh fuck. Being someone who would also get excited about the other Phoenix, I would be very annoyed.

I wish I could change it. >_>

DR2K

Banned
V_Arnold said:
YES! Hottie redheads, invade! Viper+Phoenix is a really strong, fast and agile duo, or so it seems. Now, who is gonna be my 3rd? : )

Awesome effects in the trailer, graphically phoenix is a BEAST.

I think a big character that can cover for her and take damage for her would be extremely beneficial. Sentinel is hopefully good.

zlatko

Banned
Phoenix will be top tier. That heal super does so much regeneration. Plus, did she teleport? Fuuuuuuck.

Am I the only one being delusional thinking it meant Phoenix Wright :'(. And yes I don't know anything about Marvel besides the most known characters.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Why the hell is Chun-Li speaking english?
Because this is the English version of the game.

I'm assuming she was speaking Japanese in the old videos as they were the Japanese version.

storafötter said:
Am I the only one being delusional thinking it meant Phoenix Wright :'(. And yes I don't know anything about Marvel besides the most known characters.
Hmm, I'll try another edit.

Nemesis_

storafötter said:

Yeah, my bad. I see someone edited it already, I just assumed people would realise that two Capcom character wouldn't be revealed at the same time, it's always one and one.

zlatko said:
Phoenix will be top tier. That heal super does so much regeneration. Plus, did she teleport? Fuuuuuuck.

Yeah but did you also notice her health bar drains after that? Not only that, you must have five levels of energy to actually revive properly. I think it's a fair trade off, when you combine the health drain with any potential hits that may happen.

Hmm, I'll try another edit.

NOT PHOENIX WRIGHT seems to be the only one that will work. >_>

V_Arnold

storafötter said:

It should be obvious though.
Phoenix Wright != Phoenix.
Two chars confirmed: one from each side. Haggar -> Capcom. So it leaves Phoenix to BE from Marvel side. It cant be a Capcom/Capcom reveal.

DR2K

Banned
zlatko said:

She's kind of reminding me of Spiral a bit. Teleport, stationary projectile, run away or rush down potential.

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Used to be she always spoke Japanese though.
They changed that since SFIV. Hope they have language voice options. I wish she spoke Mandarin instead of Japanese tho.

Wallach

Phoenix seems pretty interesting. I like the dark mode, but I wonder if you can turn it off once you activate it; it healed her to full (5 bars consumed) and then slowly started to kill her.

webrunner

PepsimanVsJoe said:

Technically shouldn't she be speaking Chinese?

It's not like Japanese is any more authentic for her then English.

Hell, she's an Interpol agent. Her main three languages should logically be Chinese, English, and French.

storafötter said:

No, it's Phoenix Wright. He failed to get his badge back after AJ, and decided to have a sex change, which was botched so badly it gave him superpowers.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LiK said:
They changed that since SFIV. Hope they have language voice options. I wish she spoke Mandarin instead of Japanese tho.
Capcom characters will have Japanese and English voice options... Marvel characters only English.

LiK said:

Ohhh...that's what I get for completely ignoring SFIV.
Namco seems to be the only developer who cares about characters speaking their native languages.

webrunner said:
Technically shouldn't she be speaking Chinese?

It's not like Japanese is any more authentic for her then English.

Hell, she's an Interpol agent. Her main three languages should logically be Chinese, English, and French.

She's been speaking Japanese since forever ago though. It'd be just plain weird if she started using Chinese/Mandarin.

Phoenix looks seriously awesome, they did a great job with her.

Haggar is just a little underwhelming, and that voice doesn't seem like the best match. It's ok, just like I said, underwhelming.

Nirolak said:
Oh I see.

Perhaps they decided to change it randomly. o_O

If I remember right, they said there was an option to switch most of the Capcom characters between Japanese and English, akin to Street Fighter IV.

Edit: Beaten multiple times while I was rewriting my Haggar comments.

DasRaven

PepsimanVsJoe said:

Capcom characters have dual voice options JPN/ENG. Marvel characters are english only.
My new question is that the Spanish videos that revealed some new colors had a female battle announcer. Where'd that come from? Not that I mind.

LiK

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Ohhh...that's what I get for completely ignoring SFIV.
Namco seems to be the only developer who cares about characters speaking their native languages.
Indeed, Tekken 5 did it the best. REAL fucking Mandarin for a Chinese character. Still no Cantonese for Hong Kong characters tho. :(

BitchTits

The Bookerman said:
haggar's basically Zangief.... disappointing.
Not really. Just from the trailer I already thought they did a good job of differentiating them (given that Haggar already has lariat and pile driver etc).

Would actually like to see Haggar in SF5 or something.

webrunner

Nemesis556 said:
You say this like I actually ASKED for Haggar. >_>

I remember it exactly, you came in with a gun to a nun's head and said hagger better be in the game or you would set this nun on fire and throw her off of a bridge into shark-infested acid.

That's what you said i'm sure of it I have perfect memory.

Articalys

_dementia said:
Expected thanks to the leaks, but nice additions.
How did those kinds of leaks happen in the first place, anyway? You'd think after the whole SSFIV roster got exposed before it was even announced they would have stepped up security or something.

Top Bottom