• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Amazing History Series

Huggers

Hey guys. Over the years I've made a few history vids about favourite games of mine from back in the day. Despite being a member on here for what seems like forever I'm not sure that I've ever shared them with my fellow Gaffers. Anyway, take a look by all means. I literally just did Resident Evil as warm up for the sequels impending remake release. Cheers all, hope you enjoy. Also, this is absolutely NOT monetised or any of that nonsense!

Edited to add DOOM

Doom

Metal Gear Solid

Resident Evil

Street Fighter 2

Mortal Kombat

Sonic the Hedgehog

Last edited:
Huggers Huggers These are really good. The editing and script is comparable to the better channels that do this sort of thing.

Regarding your Mortal Kombat video, did you somehow convince your parents to let you skip school for Mortal Monday, or did you convince them that you were too sick to go to school, but not too sick to play Mortal Kombat?

Mattyp

Gold Member
Only got to watch your Resident Evil one or now since it’s late but the work and history gone into it is top notch. Will subscribe and check out the rest tomorrow, solid content.

Huggers

Huggers Huggers These are really good. The editing and script is comparable to the better channels that do this sort of thing.

Regarding your Mortal Kombat video, did you somehow convince your parents to let you skip school for Mortal Monday, or did you convince them that you were too sick to go to school, but not too sick to play Mortal Kombat?

Hey thanks dude, appreciated. Ha, yeah I convinced my Mum that I was sick... She still remembers it to this day and says she knew full well I was faking it but let me get away with it. Top Mum!

Only got to watch your Resident Evil one or now since it’s late but the work and history gone into it is top notch. Will subscribe and check out the rest tomorrow, solid content.

Thanks man really appreciated

Good job, you deserve more views.

Thanks dude. Youtube is so saturated now it's hard to make any sort of dent so I just kinda do them for the fun of it, if they do well all the better!

bucyou

For whatever reason I read the title as " my amazon history series" and figured you buy some interesting stuff

Mattyp

Gold Member
Thanks man really appreciated

Watched the rest of your Amazing History series, really good stuff. I think you've found your market and what will get you the greatest success even just looking at the views. I have no doubt how much extra time these movies take but once you have a steady following you can also do the more casual fun videos for yourself. Will be watching.

Huggers

Watched the rest of your Amazing History series, really good stuff. I think you've found your market and what will get you the greatest success even just looking at the views. I have no doubt how much extra time these movies take but once you have a steady following you can also do the more casual fun videos for yourself. Will be watching.

Thanks for watching mate. They do take a bit of time but they're kinda fun to make. I agree they're clearly the most popular vids, I have a few more in the works so we'll see where it goes.

DonF

Great content, you could improve your set up. The video quality and mic could be better. But the content and edition is there. I liked the resident evil video a lot.
Good job!

Huggers

Great content, you could improve your set up. The video quality and mic could be better. But the content and edition is there. I liked the resident evil video a lot.
Good job!

Thanks dude! Yeah I need to buy a decent mic for sure. What do you think I should do video quality wise, do you mean the editing? Or the actual resolution etc?

Last edited:

DonF

Thanks dude! Yeah I need to buy a decent mic for sure. What do you think I should do video quality wise, do you mean the editing? Or the actual resolution etc?
Your editing is great! the source material could be better. Higher res. Are you capturing your own footage ? Cause it looks muddy. I've seen the likes of digital foundry with old games, but great footage. Maybe its something to look for in the future. Right now I really liked your material, and a good mic setup could improve your videos greatly.

Huggers

Your editing is great! the source material could be better. Higher res. Are you capturing your own footage ? Cause it looks muddy. I've seen the likes of digital foundry with old games, but great footage. Maybe its something to look for in the future. Right now I really liked your material, and a good mic setup could improve your videos greatly.

Thanks DonF DonF that's a great help. I think you're absolutely right, need to improve footage quality, Glad the editing is up to speed, I'm still working on improving it tbh. I have a mic in mind so may have to grab it before the next one

I love this kind of videos that dives into games of the 80s/90s/early 00s. The audio could be better, but I'll definitely check these out.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Loved the MK episode, made my 10 year old watch it w/me so he will know some actual gaming history.

Huggers

Thanks for all the positive feedback chaps. I have more in the works which I'm looking forward to publishing. Also suggestions for other games or series to cover would be great.

Huggers

Doom now live! Really great story. I highly recommend the book 'Masters of Doom' for anyone interested in this kind of thing. Really great read

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Looking forward to the Doom episode.

Agreed that Masters of Doom is mandatory reading for anyone interested in gaming history.

Cranberrys

Hey guys. Over the years I've made a few history vids about favourite games of mine from back in the day. Despite being a member on here for what seems like forever I'm not sure that I've ever shared them with my fellow Gaffers. Anyway, take a look by all means. I literally just did Resident Evil as warm up for the sequels impending remake release. Cheers all, hope you enjoy. Also, this is absolutely NOT monetised or any of that nonsense!

Edited to add DOOM

Doom

Metal Gear Solid

Resident Evil

Street Fighter 2

Mortal Kombat

Sonic the Hedgehog

I just watched your Resident Evil video. Awesome work.

Top Bottom