• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My brother is beating the fuck out of me again (huge text warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotaro

Banned
etiolate said:
Did you write the script for Dancer in the Dark?

When cured I guess that would make a potential Oscar winner, maybe. But it's my life this time, a life that I live now. :(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jotaro said:
If the police would come to my house, just by the fact that the siren would FUCK MY EARS FOR DAYS BECAUSE OF THEIR NOISE, that would be shooting myself in the foot. And you imagine how freaked out they would be by earing it coming? They would start lying and beating me up, who would then defend me? It's night here, I need some rest maybe? My ears and eyes already make me suffer too much to use drastic means. Sorry, but the police is just never coming to my house.

I suppose things may be different in canada, but police don't use sirens when checking on a domestic issue. If it's not something for which they have to arrive immediately, there's no need for the sirens. They don't want to warn people that they're coming, they want to tell people on the road to get the hell out of the way.

Jotaro

Banned
Quadrophenic said:
Buy some of those earplugs DJ Brannon suggested, then call the police.

Jotaro said:
Here we go again, if only it were that simple. You are going to recommend sunglasses too? I do not keep anything near my vision because of my extrelemy high presbitism, I get my focus lost, so I cannot even get sunglasses for a few minutes. Earplus? same problems, I cannot bear anything near my ears, so much that I do not even stick my fingers near my ears because it hurts so much! I know about the sound perception (and light perception with the sunglasses), and the extended period is not even my period, I just must protect my senses at all costs dude, even if it does not looks rational! :(

Could you please read everything dude? :(

Sorry man, I obviously didnt see that post.

What about when calling the police, explain your situation and make sure they are aware before coming to your house that noise/light/vision/ect are problems.

Jotaro

Banned
Quadrophenic said:
Sorry man, I obviously didnt see that post.

What about when calling the police, explain your situation and make sure they are aware before coming to your house that noise/light/vision/ect are problems.

That does not works like that for a thousand reasons dude. Please stop suggesting me alternatives. :(

Mike said:
You're 23, your 17-year-old brother is beating up on you, and your recourse is to go on the internet and complain?

That is not a recourse, and as I said, I never requested anything folks. Just a little bit of compassion.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jotaro, you want to fix your life? Get the damn police involved. Because if you don't get the LAW involved, your brother just isn't going to stop doing this. I know you don't want to hurt your brother, but by god, you need to make sure he doesn't hurt you, first.

There's no reason that you should be living like this, but you need to take action instead of not doing anything about it.

Oh, you're worried about the siren? the Police only use their sirens in IMMEDIATE emergencies: as in, "get out of the way everyone on the roads, because this is urgent and if we don't get there RIGHT NOW, the shit is gonna hit the fan" important.

Even if they DO use their sirens, shit, dude, it's better to have your ears fucked up for a few days than to have your LIFE fucked up.

I called the police for a few VANDALISM incidents that some morons from my school were partaking in. These incidents got progressively worse. They started by egging our house multiple times, then wrote "Stewart Is Gay" in black marker on our garage door, did a few more eggings, then completely dismantled the reflectors that my dad set up in our driveway, and even pelleted our house with pink paint with paintball guns. Our house, though we live in a suburb of minneapolis with about five cops doing the night shifts of this suburban city, was thus put on high alert after the second egging incident. The police drove by our house nightly in hopes that they'd catch the bastards, and they caught them after the sixth incident on a local highway, past curfew, with an empty egg carton in their car.

The point is, the police took care of me for just some god damn VANDALISM, I'm positive the police in your area with help out with a case as serious as domestic assault by a sibling.

You have marks from the beatings, right? That should DEFINITELY get them on the case, and even if you don't, they WILL listen to you and do everything they can to help you out.

Don't be scared of the police, because they are there to help you. If you get the police to help, you can get your life back together, and maybe get your little brother some help. But that's only if you take the initiative to make things better.

Now, you can either continue to live in fear of your brother, or you can get the police involved and help you and your family out. What you chose to do is completely your decision to make, but for the love of yourself, make the right one.

Jotaro

Banned
Archaix said:
I suppose things may be different in canada, but police don't use sirens when checking on a domestic issue. If it's not something for which they have to arrive immediately, there's no need for the sirens. They don't want to warn people that they're coming, they want to tell people on the road to get the hell out of the way.

Uh, everytime I go out in the car, and I never go out of it (can't stand the lights, the noise, I keep the view outside the cars out of my vision), and which I never did since january, and a police car, ambulance, or just some jerk with his stereo makes noise, that hurts too much and so I just never go out anymore. Do you realize that most everything you are going to suggest folks is going to fail? So please stop doing so and be compassive. :(

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, what kind of clusterfuck of madness is this:

1.) You're 23, stop being a pussy.

2.) You have medical problems, for which you have my sympathy, however, I don't believe there is any disease in which the end result is you being a craven wussy-boy.

3.) You want to move to an English speaking country? Holy hell, that's not a good idea. Your English is shit. It's not grammar, it's not spelling, it's a complete inability to communicate effectively in the language. Stay in Quebec, or start studying conversational English.

demi

Jotaro said:
That is not a recourse, and as I said, I never requested anything folks. Just a little bit of compassion.

You constantly say you don't want to be like Olimario in IM, yet here you are asking for compassion which is pretty much the attention you oh so hate (police/media/whomever), and YET you want to be "alone"?

Confusing mega.

shuri

Banned
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg

edit: and the cops wont use their sirens when coming to your place. They arent chasing thieves.

edit2: seriously, come on you were giving advices in a similar thread called My sister is threatening to kill me

Ecrofirt

If you can stand your brother screaming in your ears, you can stand police sirens.

They won't even necessarily put the sirens on when they're coming.

You ARE too negative. You don't see it, but you are.

Jotaro

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Jotaro, you want to fix your life? Get the damn police involved. Because if you don't get the LAW involved, your brother just isn't going to stop doing this. I know you don't want to hurt your brother, but by god, you need to make sure he doesn't hurt you, first.

There's no reason that you should be living like this, but you need to take action instead of not doing anything about it.

And so, I have the occasion to get a little more info out for the first time instead of just replying to everyone to get facts straight. I know he is never going to stop, but read everything I said, I am stuck. So based from what I heard, he is going in an appartment on june 1st. Before that I try to stay at my home. I asked some clarifications just this evening, just before going online. After that, maybe I will ask for a restraining order. I also got news from my father, he is supposed to come to Canada for a few weeks on the begining of june, and my mother should also go on vacation at that time. I hope my father will understand, I will try to make him protect me. And if this is necessary or possible (which I doubt), I will try to see if I could get a restraining order so he will never see me again. But folks, if I can never go in court because of my senses, you realize how tricky it always is? I will get some rest tough, maybe he get the fuck out and move out dammit.

And as soon as I can I move very far away from my house, but because of my health that will take time. However as I am sure to get cured i a relatively short time, well that will take time. But I would never have any troubles leaving right now (which is not possible for about a million reasons), in an utopian way, and I would never miss anyone here.

Blackie

I should stop reading your threads.

Not because they're crappy or anything. More because they make me sad as fuck because I can't do or say anything that will really help. Sorry man.

Jotaro

Banned
demi said:
You constantly say you don't want to be like Olimario in IM, yet here you are asking for compassion which is pretty much the attention you oh so hate (police/media/whomever), and YET you want to be "alone"?

Confusing mega.

I know it's confusing. But dude, sometimes it's just so overwhelming you just look for a little friendship wherever you can, sorry. You need to speak out, so that people will confirm that you're good all in all, we all need this from time to time. And of course I do not do this often at all, and it's for serious matters folks, even if I am very clumsy. :(

Blackie said:
I should stop reading your threads.

Not because they're crappy or anything. More because they make me sad as fuck because I can't do or say anything that will really help. Sorry man.

You're forgiven, and that is why I warn people not to read them if they do not feel like it, because they are long and sad.

Brannon

I do not keep anything near my vision because of my extrelemy high presbitism, I get my focus lost, so I cannot even get sunglasses for a few minutes. Earplus? same problems, I cannot bear anything near my ears, so much that I do not even stick my fingers near my ears because it hurts so much!

Damn. Well I guess for now I wish for the best for you. Hopefully when your brother leaves your mother will come around and stop feeding off his influence. Though in the event you do end up in court and you still have you condition, I recommend *there's that word again :p* you keep your eyes shut and explain to the judge of your medical history. Can't think of anything else for your ears, and the judges do have that nifty little gavel they love to bang so much, so...

The final option would be to increase your pain tolerance; just go in a random room with all sorts of weird patterns and sounds and just soak it all... actually, no, that'd be a bad idea.

Well at the very least, you have my sympathies.

Jotaro

Banned
android said:
You can ask the police not to use their sirens. They do that if you ask.

I guess but calling them would be shooting in my foot still, please stop beating that dead horse.

Naked Shuriken said:
seriously, come on you were giving advices in a similar thread called My sister is threatening to kill me

It's feeling more and more of a Pandora's. :( At least in that thread I never claimed irrational things and things I could not do or could be bad. It's quiet here, I need to rest, I will try to avoid my brother, he's in school, I tried to make it so my mom would kinda force him to stay out of the house, I will try again. But calling the cops, that would be yet another Pandora's, it's better to act quietly like I do, every day I am better, I do not let him do me wrong, he has nothing to say. What he did yesterday he had not in a while, and you can me sure I will not let that happen again ever.

Please people, when you doubt and criticize me, you make me frown even more, such things make me want to never to speak about it to anyone, and I need not to stay alone! The Internet is the sole thing that remains in my life as for that. :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dude, trust me, we're being your friends by suggesting you get some fucking help from the police. Read the edit I made to my post above. I swear to god dude, there's nothing to be afraid of by the police. My senses are EXTREMELY sensitive as well (albeit probably not nearly as much as yours), but there IS NO SHAME IN GETTING THE POLICE TO HELP YOU OUT. Damnit dude, what do you want? take action, for christ sake.

And you're right, your brother won't stop. Not unless the authorities get involved.

Jotaro

Banned
DJ Brannon said:
Damn. Well I guess for now I wish for the best for you. Hopefully when your brother leaves your mother will come around and stop feeding off his influence.

Being persistant and good brings nice rewards in the end. :)

Fifty

Jotaro said:
You're forgiven, and that is why I warn people not to read them if they do not feel like it, because they are long and sad.

They'd be a lot less sad if you'd try some of the ideas mentioned here instead of just telling people to stop suggesting ideas and feel sorry for you.

Jotaro

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Dude, trust me, we're being your friends by suggesting you get some fucking help from the police. Read the edit I made to my post above. I swear to god dude, there's nothing to be afraid of by the police. My senses are EXTREMELY sensitive as well (albeit probably not nearly as much as yours), but there IS NO SHAME IN GETTING THE POLICE TO HELP YOU OUT. Damnit dude, what do you want? take action, for christ sake.

And you're right, your brother won't stop. Not unless the authorities get involved.

While you all TRY to help me, the road to hell is filled with good intentions. And it's better to act in the long run and to get him out legally out of this mess (maybe if my father helps me with that, I will try again when he is there). If I can, I will make sure he never comes to me again, I will try to get locks in the house, he won't be coming back I hope. At least, I will never open the door.

Jotaro

Banned
Fifty said:
They'd be a lot less sad if you'd try some of the ideas mentioned here instead of just telling people to stop suggesting ideas and feel sorry for you.

I try never to suggest things to anyone. Just that in the past, when asking for help just about anywhere, I have been burned out.

nfreakct

I went from sympathetic to apathetic to digusted over the course of this thread. It's sad when a person has a horrible illness. It's not sad when the person complains about it while doing nothing to aleviate the problem. The only reason the situation is hopeless is because you're hopeless. You cannot see any solution because you refuse to even think there is one. You're reduced to crying and pleading over some small-time message board.

Maybe this is why your brother screws with you, because he knows there's absolutely no way you'll ever do anything about it. You're 23, grow a backbone and stand up for yourself (there are numerous suggestions in this thread). The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but the no one got to heaven by standing around and doing nothing.

Jotaro

Banned
Naked Shuriken said:
He's going to go thru the door and beat the ever living shit out of you, again.

No, he's a pussy and a wimp. As soon as sometimes tells him to get off, he will never, trust me. And I am working on that.

Ecrofirt

Jotaro said:
I try never to suggest things to anyone. Just that in the past, when asking for help just about anywhere, I have been burned out.

Like I said before several times. You're too negative.

It doesn't matter if you asked for help 100 times before. Let this be the 101st.

Jotaro

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
Like I said before several times. You're too negative.

It doesn't matter if you asked for help 100 times before. Let this be the 101st.

I do it still but better this way, I am getting closer. I had my mother promise me he would never make me any hurt anymore and leave me alone.

Jotaro

Banned
nfreakct said:
I went from sympathetic to apathetic to digusted over the course of this thread. It's sad when a person has a horrible illness. It's not sad when the person complains about it while doing nothing to aleviate the problem. The only reason the situation is hopeless is because you're hopeless. You cannot see any solution because you refuse to even think there is one. You're reduced to crying and pleading over some small-time message board.

Maybe this is why your brother screws with you, because he knows there's absolutely no way you'll ever do anything about it. You're 23, grow a backbone and stand up for yourself (there are numerous suggestions in this thread). The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but the no one got to heaven by standing around and doing nothing.

Do not think I am doing nothing dude, I act step by step and I do not rush, and in the end such wise acts are always better than rushing out. All of my life, this attitude has helped me, rushing out has always given me nothing but troubles.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
All of my life, this attitude has helped me, rushing out has always given me nothing but troubles.

Oh, yeah, obviously your current course of action is the most beneficial. Sit around, get emotionally traumatized and physically abused! WOO!!!!

Protip: change something.

Zaptruder

Banned
Hey Jotaro, protip: Call the cops.

No one here is going to bust down your doors and beat the crap outta your brother.

That or you could try changing the locks after they leave and forcibly evict them from your place... oh but then they'd be banging on the door and you wouldn't like that.

Well fuck, too bad. Eat shit continously for the next few months while you wait for your senses to get better, or just tough it up and eat shit for the few moments it will take for cops to sort out your situation.

Jotaro

Banned
EviLore said:
Oh, yeah, obviously your current course of action is the most beneficial. Sit around, get emotionally traumatized and physically abused! WOO!!!!

Protip: change something.

It IS the most beneficial. If I had done any vigorous actions, my brother would have killed me and my family disowned me dude. Had not I been wise, I would be DEAD by now. I value life, if I am still alive and well today, that is because of wisdom, not enforcements such as many people suggest me. I do not have the biggest handle on the stick here.

Ecrofirt

Jotaro said:
It IS the most beneficial. If I had done any vigorous actions, my brother would have killed me and my family disowned me dude. Had not I been wise, I would be DEAD by now. I value life, if I am still alive and well today, that is because of wisdom, not enforcements such as many people suggest me. I do not have the biggest handle on the stick here.

AND IF YOU HAD CALLED THE POLICE, HE'D BE IN JAIL.

Zaptruder

Banned
Jotaro said:

Dude... the fuck? Why would you want a family that tolerates the abuse of a disabled person... that happens to be you no less?

What the fuck? are you mentally disabled too? You say you're lucid, but either you're not describing the situation properly, skewing things in your favour too much, or you're just fucked and stupid.

And how exactly would your brother kill you if he's in custody? Your family would disown you for that? Well fuck that family; if they aren't able to rein in their retard fucking sons then that's the shit they need to deal with.

miyuru

Jotaro:

The cops don't come with their sirens blairing if you were to call them and say there's problems going on in your family.

Why are you refusing everyone's logical input on this board? I understand how you feel, at least I can imagine, you feel like there's no point to anything, that fixing things is futile. But you have to trust us, the authorities will fix things. Anything sounds better than your current situation.

Please trust us, and notify the authorities. You're not mentally retarded or anything, you have a medical condition that makes you hypersensitive. No one's going to say you're insane, or whatever.

demi

You wouldn't die right away at least, perhaps you can gurgle out something when the cops do arrive.

Jotaro

Banned
I am sorry folks, but my eyes are killing me right now. And it's getting morbid, while you try to help me you make me feel bad. Please stop doubting me and beat dead horses, such things make me feel sad to no end, I'd just hope people would understand me, but I am always misunderstood. Don't worry for me, I'm strong people.

I will stop for a few moments to get some rest. Some of you are getting this messy folks. :(

Ecrofirt

He refuses because he's stubborn and refuses to listen to reason.

He'd rather live in hell and complain about it, than do something about it that will improve his situation.

Zaptruder

Banned
Jotaro said:
He would have killed me before the cops would have come near.

What? He monitors all your phone conversations too? Or what, your ear is too sensitive to have a phone conversation too?

Damn man... if it's that bad, just take lots of sleeping pills and sleep 20/7. But that'd probably fuck you up just as bad.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
He refuses because he's stubborn and refuses to listen to reason.

He'd rather live in hell and complain about it, than do something about it that will improve his situation.

Yeah. It's like one of those TV shows where you're shouting at characters to stop been a retard, but are unable to do anything because, of course, it's a badly written show.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Please stop doubting me and beat dead horses

So what the fuck should we be doing? Encouraging you to remain in absolute misery? Look, I'm done with this. You're banned; take the time to sort your life issues out.

Future

----------
If the police would come to my house, just by the fact that the siren would FUCK MY EARS FOR DAYS BECAUSE OF THEIR NOISE, that would be shooting myself in the foot.
----------

You have dealt with your family punching you in the ear and your brother playing the drums in your face and you actually say this as part of the reason that you won't call the police? I'm not going to pretend I know what your illness feels like, but come on man.

Nothing will obviously ever change if you don't stand up for yourself. You say you worry about potential consquences for doing that, but then you make a post detailing what seems like far worse consequences of doing next to nothing. It's not working and it will never work. Change this shit now.

miyuru

Whoa, banned?

C'mon dude, that's not cool. No matter how frustrating, you can't quit on helping him, we were all trying to help him, maybe we could've made a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom