• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My collection of the best Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy

DennisK4 said:
Also, do we really need tesellation.....? :D

For the ground, probably not, but for walls, yeah we need it. You can't get into the kind of angles with the ground as you do with walls. Even POM flattens at grazing angles.

DennisK4 said:
Also, do we really need tesellation.....? :D

Ah, parallax mapping. There was some early hope for it in games like F.E.A.R., Condemned and Oblivion, but now has little hope to shine. I really hoped it would light up the PC scene, what with games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Cryostasis using it extensibly (to great effect no less). Now it is lost in the bin while H.W. Tesselation takes its course.

DaBuddaDa

Thanks for the awesome post. Crysis modding is quite comprehensive and it's hard to figure out what to use.

Except that water mod, I don't like it. It doesn't make the water look any better, it just makes the water look choppier, like there is a storm nearby.

After looking at those very realistic screenshots, i have realized how much more i prefer artistic graphics like Wind Waker Okami etc.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Gillian Seed said:
After looking at those very realistic screenshots, i have realized how much more i prefer artistic graphics like Wind Waker Okami etc.
Why can't we have both?

Gillian Seed said:

thank you for your contribution, we sure were wrong all along.

matmanx1 said:
Will any of this stuff work well with Warhead? I've got that in my que for after I finish Mass Effect and get my new rig built in a week or so.

Ah im not sure about Warhead, I only ever had Crysis

Looks great thanks! Subscribed.

Are there any handy mods or way of modding other aspects of the game like how long you can stay in stealth and the recharge speed etc etc?

Thanks!

Stitch

Gold Member
Locate the difficulty files in your Crysis installation folder
(ie: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game\Config).
These files are called diff_easy.cfg, diff_normal.cfg, diff_hard.cfg
and diff_bauer.cfg. Open the file (with Notepad) that corresponds to
the difficulty level you are playing. Add the following line to the
end of the file and save it:

g_godMode = 1

Now, when playing your health will still decrease but you will
not die. Instead, your health and armor will automatically replenish
when your health reaches 0.

Unlimited Ammo
Using the same method as above, add the following line to the end
of your config file:

i_unlimitedammo = 1 (Unlimited Ammo)
ai_IgnorePlayer = 1 (Enemies Ignore You)
i_noweaponlimit = 1 (Carry Unlimited Number of Weapons)

Your ammo will be frozen in the game.

NOTE: ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE OVERWRITING GAME FILES.

You can also modify your suit stats. For example:

-- Player Health/Energy/Suit
// No energy loss
g_suitCloakEnergyDrainAdjuster = 0

// No energy cost
g_suitRecoilEnergyCost = 0

// Run faster
g_suitSpeedMult = 2.85

// More armor points
g_suitArmorHealthValue = 900.0

// Instant health regen
g_playerSuitArmorModeHealthRegenTime = 0

// Instant health regen while moving
g_playerSuitArmorModeHealthRegenTimeMoving = 0

// Set health regen time to 0
g_playerSuitHealthRegenTime = 0

// Set regen time while walking to 0
g_playerSuitHealthRegenTimeMoving = 0

// No waiting until regen starts
g_playerSuitHealthRegenDelay = 0

// Instant energy
g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeTimeArmor = 0

//Instant energy while moving
g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeTimeArmorMoving = 0

// Set energy regen time to 0
g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeTime = 0

// Do not wait until energy regen starts
g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeDelay = 0

// Extra health
g_playerHealthValue = 900.0

// Set difficulty, 1 is easy, 4 is most difficult
g_difficultyLevel = 1

After making all of your edits, save the file, load up a new game
and see what you've edited!

Developer Mode Cheats
Start the game with the command-line shortcut of -DEVMODE. This
will enable new cheat keys that can be used in the game.

Example: "C:\Program Files\Crysis\bin32\Crysis.exe" -DEVMODE

Cheat code: Effect:
F1 Toggle First/Third Person View
F2 Jump to Next Checkpoint
F3 Toggle Fly Mode/Ghost Mode
F10 Jump to Previous Checkpoint
NUMPAD 1 Give Missile Launcher, Shotgun, Alien MOAC
NUMPAD 2 Unlimited Ammo
NUMPAD ENTER DEBUG MENU

In addition to these cheats keys, you can now use the console by
pressing ` (tilde) and typing any of the following commands:

Cheat code: Effect:
r_displayinfo 0 Remove Debug/Devmode Info from Screen
g_godmode 1 God Mode
i_noweaponlimit 1 Carry Unlimited Weapons
i_unlimitedammo 1 Unlimited Ammo
i_giveallitems Give All Weapons
i_unlimitedammo 1 Unlimited Ammo
i_giveallitems Give All Weapons

:

g_suitSpeedMult = 2 Faster Speed

ai_UseAlternativeReadabilityKoreans
Speak Korean

V_goliathmode 1 Indestructible Vehicles
(Affects Enemies Too)

Unlimited Nightvision
Enter the following commands into the cheat console:

hud_nightVisionConsumption = 0
hud_nightVisionRecharge = 999

I'm always playing the game with i_noweaponlimit and lot's of energy for the suit :p

Serious lack of the best Nanosuit in that post.

http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=4379&lim=0

nano.jpg

Darkatomz

Damn... Didn't even know about half of these. Thank god I decided to play ME before doing a replay of Crysis. Great job OP.

scitek said:
Thanks for the thread! I can't get the water shader working, I put the Shaders folder from the zip into the Game folder and nothing changes. :(

Sorry I forgot to mention that you need to add -devmode onto the shortcut for the crysis exe

Just reinstalled the game myself and was wondering why I wasn't getting them aswell :p

keuja

sam27368 said:
How do you install that extreme quality mod? It's only a couple of xml files

Put the autoexec.cfg in your Game folder. That's it!
It doesn't add any textures or anything, it just re-uses the in-game assets with tweaked parameters for lightings, distance drawing, effects etc. I tried it, and I must say it looks much better with it.

Manager

Saw this in a thread from last year:

Hazaro said:
I liked Mster and HP's 1.3.1, looks like you already tried 1.3.1 so eh.
Grab the Intel SP MapPack too once you are done with the game.

Is it possible to have both hp and Mster config at the same time? Wouldn't they overrun eachother?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey guys

I'm bored to death so I was thinking about re-installing crysis and trying a couple of mods out just for the heck of it. My question is, seeing as I have both the disc version and the steam version ( steamsale fml ) is there any discrepancies between the two when it comes to modding?

I.e is it possible to mod the steamversion just as well as the regular version?

Thanks

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Corky said:
Hey guys

I'm bored to death so I was thinking about re-installing crysis and trying a couple of mods out just for the heck of it. My question is, seeing as I have both the disc version and the steam version ( steamsale fml ) is there any discrepancies between the two when it comes to modding?

I.e is it possible to mod the steamversion just as well as the regular version?

Thanks

It works the same. I just started some modding of the Steam version yesterday using this thread as a guide and it all works fine. The only difference is that there will be a different destination for the mod files to go. (steamapps/common/crysis/Game instead of going through Program Files)

Some of the mods have auto installers that you will have to change the file destination but otherwise it is pretty hassle-free!

Hey guys, I'm running a system with:

-Studio Phenom II X6 1075T (3.0GHz)
-ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5
-8GB DDR3 SDRAM,1333MHz, 4x2GB

The game doesn't run very good without reducing some settings. I'm interested in these mods but does anyone have any guidelines for which ones don't hurt performance very much?

While we're at it, I'd really like some advice about what settings should have "priority" when trying to improve performance while sacrificing as little IQ as possible.

This thread is great, I finally got around to buying the maximum edition the other week and installed it the other night, I have played the demo on this computer back when I first bought it (C2D E7400 @ 3.0 OC'd & GTX260) and the demo ran great at 1400x900 on my old screen.

I have some questions though now that I am playing the final with patches on the same computer but with a 1080 screen, I find that my frame rate is more or less the same in 720 as it is in 1080 at around 25-35fps in outdoor areas, this tells me that my GPU is good enough for now but I should invest in a better CPU for maximum improvement?

I also installed the Mster config, while I sort of would prefer to play the game with it's original visuals first time around the config really helps keep the frame rate much more stable. I tried the improved effects and explosions mod too, pretty but way too many sparks from shooting rocks to the point of being silly.

It really makes me want to buy crysis 2 for the pc now instead of the 360.

Does anyone have some tips or is there a good list of tweaks or mods to help enable MAXIMUM FPS? This is for someome who at best can run it on low at 1280X720 with some settings on medium.

Does anyone know if I should except an FPS increase from what I saw on the demo due to optimization and patches?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Diablohead said:
I also installed the Mster config, while I sort of would prefer to play the game with it's original visuals first time around the config really helps keep the frame rate much more stable. I tried the improved effects and explosions mod too, pretty but way too many sparks from shooting rocks to the point of being silly.
Try the config I posted here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25704687&postcount=115
You can also change things like physics, particles and volumetric effects to medium without losing much.

Afrikan

quick question for the PC gaming folks....what is a better combination to have for high end gaming. Now I'm getting a Laptop, so I understand it isn't going to be the best.

I'm trying to spend in the $500-$900 so it probably has to be one of the following.

i7 + GeForce 310m
i5 + a much better GPU
i3 + Best GPU possible (if there is such a thing)

so basically what is more important combination of the CPU and GPU...I've read GPU,is most important but then how important is the CPU needed after that.

I don't need the hugest screen, or WiMax and all that other stuff...and I can always add ram. So I'm just trying to get an idea here cause my current laptop warranty is about to be up with BestBuy.

also, are PC gaming developers using these i7 type processors to their potential for their games? or does it not matter, and the processor does everything on its own.

Erebus

I copied the files under the Game directory but I didn't notice any differences. Am I doing anything wrong? I have Crysis Warhead if it matters.

SMyAa.jpg

Red

DarkUSS said:
I copied the files under the Game directory but I didn't notice any differences. Am I doing anything wrong? I have Crysis Warhead if it matters.

http://i.imgur.com/SMyAa.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Not all Crysis mods work with Warhead. There is actually a Warhead-specific hi res pack out there if you're interested.

Can someone tell me how to launch Crysis Warhead 64-bit in DX9?

I read somewhere when you launch from DX9 by right clicking on the icon in the Windows Games folder, that would be 64-bit. That is the case for Crysis but when I check Warhead with the r-displayinfo=1 command, it says 32-bit.

I've also read that both games run like 10% better in 64-bit so I'd like to check it out. Thanks!

I downloaded the foliage mod, placed it in the game folder but when I load up the game the foliage is still the same ie, not in high resolution.

I am currently using 3 mods

The high res texture pack
The extreme particle mod ( or whatever it's called)
and the foliage mod which isn't working.
hmm.

flipswitch said:
I downloaded the foliage mod, placed it in the game folder but when I load up the game the foliage is still the same ie, not in high resolution.

I am currently using 3 mods

The high res texture pack
The extreme particle mod ( or whatever it's called)
and the foliage mod which isn't working.
hmm.

Ive had this problem happen to me aswell with the high res foilage not working.

What you need to do is open the .pak file which you should of placed in you game folder, and then extract the Objects folder into the Game folder and it then should work.

Binabik15

TheVampire said:
Ive had this problem happen to me aswell with the high res foilage not working.

What you need to do is open the .pak file which you should of placed in you game folder, and then extract the Objects folder into the Game folder and it then should work.

Huh, could you re-phrase that into simple steps for me?

How do you even open .pak files, winows web search gives me no programm.

I´ve just started with high res grass, high res foliage which isn´t working and real lifesis, which I´m not sure is working. I´m still att the beginning, just after Atztec´s body and the lighting still looks like ass.

Edit: another thing I´m wondering about: is it possible to map strength mode to punching/grabbing, like press "T" = changes into strength+makes the punch?

Edit2: Wow, now on the coast everything is radioactively bright. I know that my pc to tv isn´t perfectly set up, but this is crazy. I gues I´ll have to uninstall it.

Top Bottom